The Student Room Group

OCR AS Psychology: G542: Core Studies - Wednesday 5th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Billie Jean
Ommmmmmggggg thank you soooooo much I really do appreciate this you've been soo helpful :wink: thank you thank you THANK YOU!!!! :biggrin: I'll be lost without you haha :smile:

No problem! I'm seriously procrastinating revising for my own A2, so I might as well help out as much as possible! Also a lot of AS stuff can be really useful in A2, so the more you learn this year, the better stead you'll be in if you continue :smile: Do you know which units you'd be doing if you carried on next year?
Reply 801
Original post by clonedmemories
No problem! I'm seriously procrastinating revising for my own A2, so I might as well help out as much as possible! Also a lot of AS stuff can be really useful in A2, so the more you learn this year, the better stead you'll be in if you continue :smile: Do you know which units you'd be doing if you carried on next year?

are you taking g543 on 10th june?

I am meant to do G543 and G544 but next year I'm afraid for my college will be changed to AQA instead of OCR which im doing currently and many said AQA is harder as well!! :eek: and im gonna be carrying it on as well because im planning to take it at uni with law :frown: soo I'm really grateful for your help thanks! :smile: btw do you know if both exam boards are different or are they still the same?? :/
Please could someone explain one of Little Hans fantasies/dreams. I don't care which one, just any. :smile: I know the phobias but I'm stuck on the fantasies/dreams...
Reply 804
Original post by --K
Awww, I've attached some files , I Really Hope they help :smile: If you have any questions , Just ask :biggrin: Don't give up aha you can do it :smile:
Woah that was really helpful! Thank you for uploading :biggrin:
Reply 805
Original post by --K
Baron-Cohen & Reicher and Haslam... Idk the third one :/ wbu?

Ohh, I actually think Baron-cohen might come up(hope it does)..and have a feeling Thigpen and Cleckley might come up
I am meant to do G543 and G544 but next year I'm afraid for my college will be changed to AQA instead of OCR which im doing currently and many said AQA is harder as well!! :eek: and im gonna be carrying it on as well because im planning to take it at uni with law :frown: soo I'm really grateful for your help thanks! :smile: btw do you know if both exam boards are different or are they still the same?? :/

They're pretty different, and I don't see how your college could switch boards half way through your course! If they switch to AQA, it might just be for the lower sixth and you'll still take the A2 from OCR. From the people I know taking AQA, I can't see how the OCR stuff has much of a link to it and therefore it would be a waste of a lot of what you've done already!
Original post by myah_94
Ohh, I actually think Baron-cohen might come up(hope it does)..and have a feeling Thigpen and Cleckley might come up

Didnt thigpen come up in jan?
Me too I have a good feeling about Baron
Reply 808
Original post by >Username<
Please could someone explain one of Little Hans fantasies/dreams. I don't care which one, just any. :smile: I know the phobias but I'm stuck on the fantasies/dreams...

Little Hans had fantasies about Giraffes. There was a Big giraffe and a crumpled one. Hans took the crumpled Giraffe away from the big Giraffe. After a while the big one stopped calling out for it
The one I like to use:smile:
Original post by qs2xo
are you taking g543 on 10th june?

I will be, yes! How about you?
Reply 810
Original post by random1234567
Didnt thigpen come up in jan?
Me too I have a good feeling about Baron

Yeah, it did. Can it not come up again?
Well fingers crossed:smile:
Reply 811
as everyone thinks Maguire, Sperry, Reicher and Haslam or Baron-Cohen will come up, does anyone know what they have in common please? as it what the 6marks or the 8 marks could be on?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by wolalala
as everyone thinks Maguire, Sperry, Reicher and Haslam or Baron-Cohen, does anyone know what they have in common please?

My first thought was the use of quantitative data in all of them. There are a lot of similarities between pairs of them, but that's the only one I can think of that would fit 3/4!
Original post by myah_94
Yeah, it did. Can it not come up again?
Well fingers crossed:smile:

It can up but I think its unlikely tbh
Just hope for Baron!!
They're pretty different, and I don't see how your college could switch boards half way through your course! If they switch to AQA, it might just be for the lower sixth and you'll still take the A2 from OCR. From the people I know taking AQA, I can't see how the OCR stuff has much of a link to it and therefore it would be a waste of a lot of what you've done already!

Woooow really?! My college is sooo mean!! ;( I actually don't know why they decided to switch from something different next year! Well I guess it might be okay for the AS students but for the A2 that won't be fair at all and yes like you said woow is all that work reaally going to be a waste?! I'm scared now! :frown: And my friend who goes to a different college said she's doing essays for aqa now that sounds terrrribble!!! :s-smilie:
Reply 815
Original post by random1234567
It can up but I think its unlikely tbh
Just hope for Baron!!

yes, definitely
Woooow really?! My college is sooo mean!! ;( I actually don't know why they decided to switch from something different next year! Well I guess it might be okay for the AS students but for the A2 that won't be fair at all and yes like you said woow is all that work reaally going to be a waste?! I'm scared now! :frown: And my friend who goes to a different college said she's doing essays for aqa now that sounds terrrribble!!! :s-smilie:

You do essays at A2, but they're 15 marks at most. The one exception is on the investigations paper where there's a question worth 19 marks, but that is a "plan your own procedure" question and fairly straight forward!

At my school, they've decided to switch the boards for music, but those who started the AS continued on the same board for A2, and only those in lower sixth began the new syllabus. So I would like to think your college would do the same! It's fairer and would make more sense at the very least. And A2 OCR is great as well.
Reply 817
My first thought was the use of quantitative data in all of them. There are a lot of similarities between pairs of them, but that's the only one I can think of that would fit 3/4!
oh I see, yes that's true, Thank you for replying :smile: do you think anyone of them link to the themes self report or validity(as these haven't come up before) ? (also Ecological validity although it links to every study)
Original post by wolalala
oh I see, yes that's true, Thank you for replying :smile: do you think anyone of them link to the themes self report or validity(as these haven't come up before) ? (also Ecological validity although it links to every study)

EV might be a good one. They wouldn't use Maguire for that, but the other three would fit.

Self-report wouldn't work, however, the experimental method would. This would link to the quantitative data thing as well.

Validity might not be a bad one to look at either, and of course EV falls into this as well as a lot of other stuff! Particularly for Maguire and Baron-Cohen which were both high in validity particularly (despite Baron-Cohen being low in EV!)
You do essays at A2, but they're 15 marks at most. The one exception is on the investigations paper where there's a question worth 19 marks, but that is a "plan your own procedure" question and fairly straight forward!

At my school, they've decided to switch the boards for music, but those who started the AS continued on the same board for A2, and only those in lower sixth began the new syllabus. So I would like to think your college would do the same! It's fairer and would make more sense at the very least. And A2 OCR is great as well.

Thank you sooo much again for the advice and I'll make sure I study at the beginning since I leave stuff last minute every time and it's really starting to bug me as I know I could do better so ill work hard and hopefully that will pay off if I revise little everyday haha :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending