Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

OCR AS Psychology: G542: Core Studies - Wednesday 5th June 2013 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jodie.irwin27)
    yeah, i am but its the best thing to do to be honest..at this point anyway
    yeah its pretty much impossible to remember everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simran Mars Foster)
    What would you write for changes and implications for sperry and Savage and Runbagh? I hate these studies. Help would be appreciated!
    These are the worst two studies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elnor)
    Is anyone else being really risky in terms of revising some stuff but not others? :erm: I'm worried.
    Yuup, guilty.. but it's the best thing to do as I just cannot get everything to stay in my head

ReputationRep:
    I was just w0ndering if tw0 changes t0 the sample w0uld c0unt as tw0 changes, mark-scheme wise? S0rry if it's unclear - basically, if I was t0 write s0mething like "0ne change w0uld be t0 make the sample less ethn0centric and m0re cr0ss-cultural, thus making it m0re generalisable and representative etc.; an0ther change w0uld be t0 use adult participants" w0uld that c0unt as tw0 changes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aradia)
    I was just w0ndering if tw0 changes t0 the sample w0uld c0unt as tw0 changes, mark-scheme wise? S0rry if it's unclear - basically, if I was t0 write s0mething like "0ne change w0uld be t0 make the sample less ethn0centric and m0re cr0ss-cultural, thus making it m0re generalisable and representative etc.; an0ther change w0uld be t0 use adult participants" w0uld that c0unt as tw0 changes?
    nope, i'm pretty sure it has to relate to 2 different issues :/

ReputationRep:
    yes they usually give marks to any credit worthy material, even if they are two points about the sample. as long as you back it up with evidence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabbyearl)
    yes they usually give marks to any credit worthy material, even if they are two points about the sample. as long as you back it up with evidence
    thank y0u! but when y0u say evidence, what d0 y0u mean? 0_0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by --K)
    Thigpen and Cleckley came lastt year didnt it & Same I Really hope tooo
    Yupp it did...join the club Lol

ReputationRep:
    Evaluation issues, changes and improvements: Loftus and palmer: ecological validity; make participants witness a real life robbery or bag-snatch (field experiment); improves EV BUT would raise ethical questions eg consent and protection

ReputationRep:
    Like always give an example. I'll give a model answer to a random question
    (Suggest one weakness of the research method as used in this study)(3 marks)
    One disadvantage of the research method used in Baron-Cohen's study is that it took place in a lab setting, which lacks ecological validity. In real life faces aren't still like the eye strips used in the study, they can move. This may help them interpret mental states better. Also, in real life deciding another persons mental state is not a multiple choice exercise.
    In bold is the evidence.

ReputationRep:
    eg for Milgram, quote the sample size of 40 males from Connecticut, and say how this would be improved by maybe adding 40 females to the sample too. this would improve generalizability etc blah blah blah

ReputationRep:
    guys. i'm confused. different sources are saying different things. Did sperry's study have a comparison group of normal participants or not?!

ReputationRep:
    Baron Cohen- issue: ethnocentrism; change: make it a cross cultural study where autistic people form other races and countries would be studied too; implication: increased generalisability BUT the eyes task would have to be made in different languages which can be time consuming and more costly than the original study

ReputationRep:
    guys. i'm confused. different sources are saying different things. Did sperry's study have a comparison group of normal participants or not?!
    my textbook doesn't say anything about a control group. and my textbook also says that the improvement to Sperrys study would be to include a control group in order to establish real differences of the effect of hemisphere deconnection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabbyearl)
    my textbook doesn't say anything about a control group. and my textbook also says that the improvement to Sperrys study would be to include a control group in order to establish real differences of the effect of hemisphere deconnection
    alright, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Good question. Different sources say different things... My teacher said a change would be to add a control group...

ReputationRep:
    Hows revision for section b and c. Whats everyone mainly focusing on ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slantedenchanted)
    I also really (really badly!) need some help with the section c part, as the textbook I'm using/Holah website is really lacking on any information about the approaches at all, I have no way of finding out strengths and weaknesses etc, let alone whatever else it is I need to know. .
    The Holah website is really good for Section C, if you don't think what you need to know is on there then I'm not sure what you think you need to know. Are you doing OCR?

ReputationRep:
    What are everybody's predictions for sections B AND C?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by random1234567)
    Hows revision for section b and c. Whats everyone mainly focusing on ?
    i haven't revised for this exam since friday.. so i'm kinda worrying. although i did spend a week on core studies then 3 days on chem.. but bleh

tomorrow i'm gonna focus on creating topic starters for section C, so that i can develop the answer from memory. Then will just go over 2 changes for the studies that I think will come up, and also focus on the figures of the results for these

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.