Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

OCR AS Psychology: G542: Core Studies - Wednesday 5th June 2013 Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am predicting Loftus and Palmer, Baron-Cohen and possibly Samuel and Bryant for section B and the behaviourist perspective and developmental for section C!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    I was thinking the exact same thing, the ratio is quite weird, usually it's like 60% to 40%. Core studies is a whole 70%! It's almost like it doesn't matter what grade you get in Psy Investigations. I think if someone got a D in psy invsgts and in A in core studies then you would get a B overall, then if you got a D in psy invsgts but a B in core studies then it would be a C overall. I'm praying for at least an A or B overall. :goodluck:
    Thank you for the help advice that's what I thought as well haha well I guess I have to give it my all then!! And good luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qs2xo)
    Im finding differences hard to come by. Could you perhaps say sperry collected qualitative data and dement and kleitman collected quantitative data?
    i said something similar haha,
    i said maguire collect quant. where as dement collected both types

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skyscraper15)
    Yeah I have a feeling they will. I'm planning answers for both to be on the safe side. Also Psychodynamic could possibly. And I HOPE THAT BARON COHEN COMES UP IN SECTION B OR I'M SO DONE WITH LIFE
    omg ikr im hoping for Baron too !!!!! if not im screwed :mad:
    But my main focus out of the approaches is Physiological
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jess96)
    Yeah I meant the part b) question in section C which relates a core study to the approach. I'm terrible at that question, going to have to wing it tomorrow I think!
    "describe how the physiological approach could explain the difficulties experienced by individuals with a 'split brain'.

Oh!! I see what u mean! Yes, I hadn't realised... That question requires a lot of context. I think you need to know a lot about the approach then sort of use your own initiative to answer the question while keeping in mind the study it relates to, so for the question above it would be sperry you have to relate to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DEb96)
    By the looks of it, if Baron Cohen doesn't come up in section B we are all screwed...I don't know if I should laugh or cry :L
    Both!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aradia)
    i was just w0ndering h0w l0ng pe0ple generally take f0r secti0n a? i just did a paper, and secti0n a 0nly t00k me ab0ut half an h0ur... is that t00 little?

g00d luck t0 every0ne d0ing this exam t0m0rr0w! i h0pe y0u all d0 well 0u0
    i take the same amount of time some take a full hour.. we must just have quick thought streams! :L as in we respond quick to questions as the answer is in our head like real quick :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolalala)
    Thank you ever so much !!!!
    no worries!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simran Mars Foster)
    Strengthes and weaknesses of the......... (perspective) usng experiments from any of the studies that can be see from the blah...perspetive.
    Ah I see lets go over Behaviourist as I'm trying to remember it myself.

Strengths:
    -useful as it has helped provide us with information regarding MPD and phobias
    -it often uses case studies which give a lot of in-depth, detailed information such as the info on Hans and his fantasies

Weaknesses:
    -it is normally ungeneralisable as in savage rumbaugh they only used two chimps which cant be generalised to all chimps
    -reductionist- doesnt take nature into account as someones personality could lead them to be aggressive i.e. in Bandura

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyLauren1994)
    I am predicting Loftus and Palmer, Baron-Cohen and possibly Samuel and Bryant for section B and the behaviourist perspective and developmental for section C!
    Developmental???

ReputationRep:
    As long as savage rumbaugh or reicher and haslam don't come up for section B i think i'll be okay!

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow.. You're pretty good then eh? Nah but seriously i think you'll get it this time? Did you know where you went wrong the first time you did core studies?
    Yeah i did no revision haha (even though I got a D I just revised what I predicted would come up on section B and C - as i predicted maguire and pilliavin would come up and it did) i still got a crap grade haha oh and not contextualising -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This thread will be running though my mind while i do the exam. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkhan9035)
    Yeah i did no revision haha (even though I got a D I just revised what I predicted would come up on section B and C - as i predicted maguire and pilliavin would come up and it did) i still got a crap grade haha oh and not contextualising -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Whats youre predictions this time then :P
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by random1234567)
    Developmental???

Yeah I don't think developmental will come up either, lol.
    Everyone seems to like Baron-Cohen so much! Am I the only one that doesn't favour it as much? It's a bit complicated... the participants..the groups...the tasks...the results, it's so long and so much to remember! I don't dislike Baron-Cohen, it's just a bit much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jodie.irwin27)
    i take the same amount of time some take a full hour.. we must just have quick thought streams! :L as in we respond quick to questions as the answer is in our head like real quick :L
    0h, that's a relief! i was w0rried i was writing t00 little 0r s0mething, because i was really w0rried ab0ut timing f0r this exam (ugh, s0 much t0 write f0r secti0n b and c), but i feel a l0t better n0w! i just h0pe there's n0thing really 0ut there, i'd be s0 upset if i g0t caught 0ut 0n s0me tiny detail...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I don't think developmental will come up either, lol.
    Everyone seems to like Baron-Cohen so much! Am I the only one that doesn't favour it as much? It's a bit complicated... the participants..the groups...the tasks...the results, it's so long and so much to remember! I don't dislike Baron-Cohen, it's just a bit much.
    What do you think will come up for section C
    I dont really like that study too its just that it hasnt come up since such a long time so I thought id revise quite alot of it in detail. I still prefer it to sperry or reicher :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simran Mars Foster)
    This thread will be running though my mind while i do the exam. lol
    oh my god SAME ahahah, i'm so eager to know if any of our predictions are right so i may just look straight to section B and C :L!

ReputationRep:
    how exactly do you contextualise an answer :| i swear i'm losing all my marks on that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jodie.irwin27)
    oh my god SAME ahahah, i'm so eager to know if any of our predictions are right so i may just look straight to section B and C :L!
    Thats gonna be one scary moment.......

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.