Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

OCR AS Psychology: G542: Core Studies - Wednesday 5th June 2013 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hoping for psychodynamic or physiological to come up :-) and for section b ANYTHING apart from savage rumbaugh and reicher and haslam.. i can deal with sperry :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jodie.irwin27)
    guys would this be included as a disadvantage for the physiological approach?

studies often rely on self-report or observation to gather qualitative data to provide detailed explanations as to why a behaviour occurs. these methods include bias etc etc etc...
    Not sure, here's two anyway
    -lab experiments, lack ecological validity
    -Requires of expensive equipment and trained researchers, limits sample size, practically difficult

ReputationRep:
    What are the studies we should compare in the behaviourist perspective?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone describe the sample of the sperry-split brain study please. All i have is that it consists of 11 participants that have had their corpus collosum severed due to epileptic seizures. What more detail do i need for an 8/4 marker or so?
    (i cant seem to find more details about the sample anywhere)

ReputationRep:
    Which studies link to psychodynamic perspective?

ReputationRep:
    ahh i hate that! can you go over it a bit? :L
    There were 3 stages of screening. The first stage consisted of psychometric tests such as clinical tests to ensure that all participants would be fit enough to participate and that none of them would be capable of causing harm to each other.
    The second stage was a full weekend test carried out by independent clinical psychologists.
    The third stage included police checks and character references were written up.

Hope I included everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wozup8)
    Can someone describe the sample of the sperry-split brain study please. All i have is that it consists of 11 participants that have had their corpus collosum severed due to epileptic seizures. What more detail do i need for an 8 marker or so?
    it was an opportunity sample and 9 had recently undergone the hemispheroctamy whereas 2 had undergone the operation a while ago :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simran Mars Foster)
    Just Freud and thigpen and cleckley

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simran Mars Foster)
    Freud and Thigpen and Cleckley

ReputationRep:
    ahh i hate that! can you go over it a bit? :L
    yep, so the screening phase consisted of 3 phases:

Phase 1 consisted of a series of psychometric tests to measure the participants social variables (modern racism, authoritarianism) and clincal variables (anxiety, depression etc). This was done to identify individuals that may pose a risk to others or vulnerable themselves. Only those that scored low in these tests were able to proceed to the next phase

Phase 2 involved a full weekend assessment of the participants carried out by a group of clinical psychologists

Phase 3 - character/medical references were obtained and police checks were conducted on all participants

The initial pool of 332 applicants was reduced to 27 individuals. The final 15 participants were selected to ensure diversity of age, ethnicity and social background

Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leanne1996)
    Just Freud and thigpen and cleckley
    Do you know the ones for behaviourist perspective?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lorobolorolo)
    Do you know the ones for behaviourist perspective?
    Savage
    Bandura
    Piliavin
    Freud

Sorry and R+H

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lorobolorolo)
    There were 3 stages of screening. The first stage consisted of psychometric tests such as clinical tests to ensure that all participants would be fit enough to participate and that none of them would be capable of causing harm to each other.
    The second stage was a full weekend test carried out by independent clinical psychologists.
    The third stage included police checks and character references were written up.

Hope I included everything
    thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qs2xo)
    yep, so the screening phase consisted of 3 phases:

Phase 1 consisted of a series of psychometric tests to measure the participants social variables (modern racism, authoritarianism) and clincal variables (anxiety, depression etc). This was done to identify individuals that may pose a risk to others or vulnerable themselves. Only those that scored low in these tests were able to proceed to the next phase

Phase 2 involved a full weekend assessment of the participants carried out by a group of clinical psychologists

Phase 3 - character/medical references were obtained and police checks were conducted on all participants

The initial pool of 332 applicants was reduced to 27 individuals. The final 15 participants were selected to ensure diversity of age, ethnicity and social background

Hope that helps!
    ahh thank you! i usually get confused about what variables the psychometric tests analysed.. if i remember racism and depression then hopefully i can conclude that its clinical and social variables!

ReputationRep:
    guys just out of fun and curiosity, what are your worst studies in terms of you know least about and generally don't enjoy? You don't have to answer this lol.

ReputationRep:
    can i just say, baron-cohen hasnt been on section b since jan. 2009, loftus and palmer, sperry and samuel and byrant havnt since jan 2011 so im guessing atleas on of these, proably baron-cohen, will come up, if not, might aswell give up now >_<

ReputationRep:
    can anyone get hold of the January 2013 paper for me thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm off to bed now everybody...good luck for tomorrow and maybe seen you on here in the morning hope BC and Physiological/Behaviourist come up or I'm totally screweddddd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DFC95)
    can anyone get hold of the January 2013 paper for me thanks
    here ya go
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf G542 Jan 13 MS.pdf (196.2 KB, 72 views)
  2. File Type: pdf G542 Jan 13.pdf (147.2 KB, 72 views)

ReputationRep:
    Fingers crossed physiological, psychodynamic or behaviourist comes up! and nice ones for section b
    good luck all of you!!!

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.