The Student Room Group

OCR AS Psychology: G542: Core Studies - Wednesday 5th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

i was just about to have a breakdown over the mark schemes and how i know i wont be able to replicate answers like that in the exam

but then i realised for an A you only need about 70% for an A, and you can drop roughly 35 marks and still get an A

so if anyone was panicking like i was
dont worry you can lose marks :smile:
I'm calling it a day to. I wish all the best of the luck! Lots of helpful people on the thread. :h:

Prob be on here in the morning.
Original post by ttreb
Yes thankfully! Unfortunately for me though i have ICT on the 3rd, Business on the 4th and Core studies on the 5th :frown: QUOTE]

omg I had bio on 3rd, chem today and psycho tommorow so kinda same as U... Any help on the approaches I literally don't understand how to answer the questions like: Describe how the cognitive approach explains memory?... What the fish :frown::frown: the teacher has been no help either damn it... Gunna be up all night aargh.
Sorry I messed up the quote thingy...still new to this and being on the mobile sucks coz tsr R not making a tsr app for windows phone ... :s-smilie:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1383
Guys for the behaviourist perspective strengths and weaknesses, if you don't use supporting evidence can you still get 12/12? Because i can't find any -.- Any help of a full strength and weakness that's 12 marks would help! That's all i have to revise then i'm gonna run through the implications and changes of some section b studies

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1384
If anybody needs a bit of extra last minute help, you should check out www.holah.co.uk

It's pretty informative, and has some questions on it too.

Good luck on your exam tomorrow everyone.
Original post by mkhan9035
Guys for the behaviourist perspective strengths and weaknesses, if you don't use supporting evidence can you still get 12/12? Because i can't find any -.- Any help of a full strength and weakness that's 12 marks would help! That's all i have to revise then i'm gonna run through the implications and changes of some section b studies

Posted from TSR Mobile

i think it says max is 7 for no examples! still not that bad.. if thats correct
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm so nervoussssssss
Reply 1387
Original post by jodie.irwin27
i think it says max is 7 for no examples! still not that bad.. if thats correct

What evidence can i use then? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm depressed.
Reply 1389
how can you improve baron cohen? and the implications please?
Beyond worried for this exam. I know very very little.

I've not even revised physiological. I've not revised any of the core studies in detail. I know very little. And I'm so scared and worried. This is so tough.

I've never felt so unprepared for an exam in my life. I've focused on Section C. But if something else comes up I'm screwed. There is so much to know here and I feel like I know nothing.

Thanks to everyone who's helped me. :smile: And everyone who's posted their answers on here. :smile: I really appreciate everything. Thanks for all the help. And I wish everyone the best for their exam. :smile:
Original post by mkhan9035
What evidence can i use then? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

i'm not sure, i haven't gone over any of the perspectives to be honest! :/
Reply 1392
I'm thinking of answering Section C first (cause that'll be fresh in my head) then section A then section B!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1393
i'm not sure, i haven't gone over any of the perspectives to be honest! :/

Its okay i've found my notes :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
guys, thought i'd upload my revision for section C physiological

it covers all 3 aspects for question B :smile:
Reply 1395

Ohh can you please copy and paste it on to here cause i'm on my phone and can't view the document :frown: thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Caroline680
Am I the only one who despises Baron-Cohen?? Hate that study so much!! :grr:

I hate that as well because it's one of my least that I revised for lool I guess i won't be smiling tomorrow :colone:

This is where you should be careful, you see the third question on your document.. Try and relate your answer to HOW the physiological approach explains dreaming. for example... "The physiological approach assumes that... and this supports the idea that dreaming..." You sort of summarised a bit of D&K. You see what I mean? It didn't answer the question.

The rest of your answers are really good and they helped a lot, I wish u the very best for tomorrow! Good luck!
Original post by Skyscraper15
Savage
Bandura
Piliavin
Freud :smile:

Sorry and R+H

Griffiths also counts as a behavioural study according to OCR
describe one similarity and one difference between any studies that take the individual differences approach

can somebody please write a model answer for this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending