Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

OCR AS Psychology: G542: Core Studies - Wednesday 5th June 2013 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leanne1996)
    i said about blind testing then went on to talk about how they recorded it and watched it back and observed for inter rater reliability!
    Yesss i did that too, but i also mentioned they classified the utterances as to whether they were spontaneous, imitated or structured and it had to be spontaneous 9/10 and behavioural concordance score of 9/10 and researchers watched 4.5 hours of videoed observations and agreed on 35 utterances (if it was 35) all but 1 cause they didn't know whether it was spontaneous or structured! Hope it was right now :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spongez)
    To that idiot who said OCR aren't stupid enough to follow a pattern,well clearly they are so go kill yourself...thanks for the prediction guys, thanks to u guys I got an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
    dude. people are entitled to their opinions. and never bloody tell someone to kill themselves!! that's so god damn arrogant. I hope your cockiness gets you a D for that rude comment. completely undeserving.

(Original post by qs2xo)
    for the savage rambaugh question on reliability what did you guys write?
    i wrote about how 4 1/2 hours worth of observations were recording and inter-rater reliability was used to check the reliability of these observations. Also about how a behaviour had to occur coherently and spontaneously on 9/10 occasions

(Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Sorry, I went to bed so i couldn't reply you... OMG HOW DID YOU FIND THE EXAM BY THE WAY?? I LOVED IT!!! AND PHYSIOLOGICAL CAME UP!!! YAAAAAAYYYY!!
    haha don't worry! i was so glad! like my revision actually payed off cause the things we all predicted came up! and oh my god that reicher and haslam question was like the ONLY thing i revised for that study omg so happy!! but the wording of some questions was way weird and i hated the dement and kleitman one in section A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wozup8)
    I put participants generally guessed "right" (46) more than they guessed "wrong" (12) in total for the period of after 5 minutes REM sleep.

And i put a similar thing again for the 15 minute table
    Yeah i did the same as you. Theyre correct right? Cos they were 2 results mentioned in my textbook too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I personally loved that question.

Permeability is the belief that you can move into other social groups. It was manipulated because at one point of the study a prisoner could be promoted into being given the role of a guard.
    I'm so glad I answered this and didn't leave it blank cause i was like stuck on it for 5 minutes i was like da f**k then i had 10 mins at the end of the exam i was like hmm wasn't permeability about the prisoners being promoted to guards and i was like mehh right it down it might be right! Woopp!!!!! Thank god i wrote it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claudiajones)
    Everyone is saying how easy it went and now I feel really **** cause I feel like I could have done so much better I feel so thick haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dont worry about it. I feel like i could've included much more too. And now im regretting it. But there's not much we can do now.

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone put for the conclusion for the table on DK

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I thought section b and c were fine I found section a quite hard though! What did you put for the question about the victims roles in piliavin's study because i decribed them being lame and drunk but I dont think I did enough to get 4 marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qs2xo)
    Yeah i did the same as you. Theyre correct right? Cos they were 2 results mentioned in my textbook too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah they have to be correct. You can't go wrong if you just say what you saw on the table. Because it said "identify" and not outline or explain or describe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kawaiizombii)
    I thought section b and c were fine I found section a quite hard though! What did you put for the question about the victims roles in piliavin's study because i decribed them being lame and drunk but I dont think I did enough to get 4 marks?
    omg i wrote that there was a drunk victim and ill victim. drunk occured on 36 trials ( i dont even think thats correct!!) and that he smelt of alcohol and carried a bottle wrapped in a brown paper bag. then with the ill victim i said he had a black cane and appeared to be struggling

that was like.. what the hell do i write?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qs2xo)
    What did everyone put for the conclusion for the table on DK

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think i put people recalled more dreams in rem than in nrem! Don't know if that was a conclusion but i can't properly remember :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they have to be correct. You can't go wrong if you just say what you saw on the table. Because it said "identify" and not outline or explain or describe.
    i said how participants made more correct estimates than incorrect.. with a score of whatever it was. then said that the only exclusion was someone who estimated equally - they got the same amount correct as they got wrong. then i said how this didn't fit the pattern... hope that counts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jodie.irwin27)
    omg i wrote that there was a drunk victim and ill victim. drunk occured on 36 trials ( i dont even think thats correct!!) and that he smelt of alcohol and carried a bottle wrapped in a brown paper bag. then with the ill victim i said he had a black cane and appeared to be struggling

I wrote even less than you! i just wrote there was a drunk victim who appeared to be intoxicated and laying down, and there was a Ill/cane victim who appeared to have physical disability.

ReputationRep:

yeah that's sort of what I wrote Hopefully it will be worth most of the marks I don't think my answer was enough for 4 though. Didn't like how that question was phrased!
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    I put participants generally guessed "right" (46) more than they guessed "wrong" (12) in total for the period of after 5 minutes REM sleep.

And i put a similar thing again for the 15 minute table
    Aww yeah that's a good one, especially as yours is so technical.

ReputationRep:
    What similarities and differences & strengths and weaknesses did everyone use for individual differences?
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    haha don't worry! i was so glad! like my revision actually payed off cause the things we all predicted came up! and oh my god that reicher and haslam question was like the ONLY thing i revised for that study omg so happy!! but the wording of some questions was way weird and i hated the dement and kleitman one in section A [/QUOTE]

IKR??? Something in me just told me to go over Permeability for R+H and it came up like what??Why did u hate the D&M question? wasn't that the one with the table with the results?
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkhan9035)
    I'm so glad I answered this and didn't leave it blank cause i was like stuck on it for 5 minutes i was like da f**k then i had 10 mins at the end of the exam i was like hmm wasn't permeability about the prisoners being promoted to guards and i was like mehh right it down it might be right! Woopp!!!!! Thank god i wrote it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's exactly it yeahhhh... I'm actually so happy for you.. I'm really glad you didn't leave it blank cos 2 marks can make all the difference! Thank God you wrote it, well done

ReputationRep:
    Give two ways how the study by bandura-aggression was not ecologically valid......anyone? I only put one way. I said that children do not always see aggressive behaviour acted out in front of them in real life. I think i messed it up.

ReputationRep:

noooo! omg i completely forgot to mention that there was 65 cane trials and 38 drunk trials

ReputationRep:

IKR??? Something in me just told me to go over Permeability for R+H and it came up like what??Why did u hate the D&M question? wasn't that the one with the table with the results?
    yeah, i just couldn't think of a second result from the table! came up with one though but it may not count as one.. but then again it was in the table so why not? :L

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.