Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

OCR AS Psychology: G542: Core Studies - Wednesday 5th June 2013 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Umm Is This Right? One assumption of the Behaviourist Approach is that they believe the environment influences behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jodie.irwin27)
    No they won't, someone stated that ocr said they will not put 2 perspectives on the same paper.

Someone else also state that the behaviourist perspective has been taken off the specification.. So there's only psychodynamic to worry about

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ohh are you sure that we don't have to revise the behaviourist approach? Yayaya DDDD

ReputationRep:
    well, personally i am not sure, i am just believing what others in this thread have posted :L

but the behaviourist perspective only came up once, and never since! so i wouldn't worry too much

and btw, i would say the environment influences behaviour in the sense of the stimulus in the environment etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by --K)
    Ohh are you sure that we don't have to revise the behaviourist approach? Yayaya DDDD
    I would revise the behaviourist perspective just in case. The last time it came up was back in jan 2010 so theres no reason why they wouldn't ask a question on it. And the fact that its the only approach/perspective that has only come up once. Every other approach/perspective have come up at least twice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qs2xo)
    I would revise the behaviourist perspective just in case. The last time it came up was back in jan 2010 so theres no reason why they wouldn't ask a question on it. And the fact that its the only approach/perspective that has only come up once. Every other approach/perspective have come up at least twice.
    Ahh Damn >.< Ahah Thanks For the Advice Though. Um, By Any Chance Would you know a site or anything that would be some help for the Behaviourist P, My Teacher He hasn't gone through the B.P!! Argg . Sorry!

ReputationRep:
    well, personally i am not sure, i am just believing what others in this thread have posted :L

but the behaviourist perspective only came up once, and never since! so i wouldn't worry too much

and btw, i would say the environment influences behaviour in the sense of the stimulus in the environment etc
    Wow You sound clever ! Ahaha Thankyou so much! (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by --K)
    Ahh Damn >.< Ahah Thanks For the Advice Though. Um, By Any Chance Would you know a site or anything that would be some help for the Behaviourist P, My Teacher He hasn't gone through the B.P!! Argg . Sorry!
    Yep, I use Holah. http://www.holah.co.uk/page/themes/
    It's great! It's concise and gives you the main strengths and main weaknesses which are useful for the last question of Section C.

I've mainly been using this site for the 15 studies as it gives you the information you need without being too vague. Hope it helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qs2xo)
    Yep, I use Holah. http://www.holah.co.uk/page/themes/
    It's great! It's concise and gives you the main strengths and main weaknesses which are useful for the last question of Section C.

I've mainly been using this site for the 15 studies as it gives you the information you need without being too vague. Hope it helps!
    Wow That Looks Amazing & Looks Very Helpful! Thankyou SOO Much Once Again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by --K)
    Wow You sound clever ! Ahaha Thankyou so much! (:
    haha nooo! i know the terminology and stuff, i just have problems expressing my thoughts clearly :L

if i were you, i'd look on the ocr website somewhere, maybe google something like' ocr AS psychology g542 behaviourist perspective' . just to try and get some professional clarification!

worth the effort rather than revising a whole perspective and it not coming up

ReputationRep:
    What does confounding variable mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DEb96)
    What does confounding variable mean?
    a variable that affects the results and gives us false data (decreases the internal validity as we cannot make cause and effect statements)

it differs from an extraneous variable as an extraneous variable is one which COULD effect the results but is CONTROLLED, so that it doesn't

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay, thanks! Just read it in the Bandura, Ross and Ross study where a potential confounding variable was designed out by matching the aggressiveness of all children. How's revision going?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty crap! This is the exam that I'm not looking forward to the most.. You need to know so much detail!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not sure why people think the behaviourist perspective isn't going to come up. I'm pretty sure it will come up. I think its very likely to come up...

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have access to the January 2013 core studies paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elnor)
    Does anyone have access to the January 2013 core studies paper?
    Yes I can get it! I'll ask my teacher for it!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any good core study notes I could have? I'm finding it pretty hard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichaelP96)
    Yes I can get it! I'll ask my teacher for it!
    That would be great! My teacher is useless...:grumble:

ReputationRep:
    I really hope we get decent studies for section B

ReputationRep:
    haha nooo! i know the terminology and stuff, i just have problems expressing my thoughts clearly :L

if i were you, i'd look on the ocr website somewhere, maybe google something like' ocr AS psychology g542 behaviourist perspective' . just to try and get some professional clarification!

worth the effort rather than revising a whole perspective and it not coming up
    ahaha, I Feel you! Damn my English teacher always says that to me, "You need to express yourself" argg. I'm Like how?!! && Thankyou for your advice, Will Do that

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.