Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

OCR A2 Psychology: G544: Approaches and Research Methods - Monday 17th June 2013 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, thought i'd start the thread for everyone sitting this exam in June. Really want an A/A* in it, so any ways to revise, notes etc, please share here. It will be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Just sat this exam in January and got 97/100, totally unpredicted.
    Just a word of warning we all recieved a massive shock when instead of having an approach and methodology in Section B we had two methologies, which I hadn't even been taught.

START REVISING NOW!!! The second section is based alot of memory. Get basic answers prepared, especially for strengths and weaknesses and assumptions. A few of your strengths and weaknesses can be used for more than one approach, if you choose to focus on approaches. For example, usefulness can be a strength to all approaches, and deteminism and reductionism applied to all expect Individual Differences as a weakness.

If anyone wants any additional advice on revision notes etc, I'm willing to help.
    Good luck everyone!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I sat this in January and got 90/100 and was quite pleased. Observations for section A and situational debate in section B. Kayleigh_jude, the situational debate was just multiple approaches in one... I've heard complaints from many different colleges but I found it easier than focusing on ONE approach

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayleigh_jude)
    Just sat this exam in January and got 97/100, totally unpredicted.
    Just a word of warning we all recieved a massive shock when instead of having an approach and methodology in Section B we had two methologies, which I hadn't even been taught.

START REVISING NOW!!! The second section is based alot of memory. Get basic answers prepared, especially for strengths and weaknesses and assumptions. A few of your strengths and weaknesses can be used for more than one approach, if you choose to focus on approaches. For example, usefulness can be a strength to all approaches, and deteminism and reductionism applied to all expect Individual Differences as a weakness.

If anyone wants any additional advice on revision notes etc, I'm willing to help.
    Good luck everyone!!!!!
    Wow, that is amazing! Any revision notes and advice would be much appreciated! Our college sat the G543 options paper in Jan and I got a B in that exam and i was 4 of an A! So i need to re-sit core studies cause i got a D in that paper :/ so i need an A in core studies and an A* ideally in this paper! Also if it isn't too much trouble, can you also provide any core studies revision cards/notes etc anything. Thank you so much

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amo1994)
    I sat this in January and got 90/100 and was quite pleased. Observations for section A and situational debate in section B. Kayleigh_jude, the situational debate was just multiple approaches in one... I've heard complaints from many different colleges but I found it easier than focusing on ONE approach
    I wasn't overally keen on having Observation, I felt as though there is less information to put in the 19 marker than the others. Yes, I understood after I walked out that it was like 2 approaches in one, however it isn't as simple to answering the questions for situational debate.
    I felt a little cheated by my college, we we told to only focus on approaches and not given any resources for methodology. I ended up doing Reliability and managed to bring in physiological approach information for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkhan9035)
    Wow, that is amazing! Any revision notes and advice would be much appreciated! Our college sat the G543 options paper in Jan and I got a B in that exam and i was 4 of an A! So i need to re-sit core studies cause i got a D in that paper :/ so i need an A in core studies and an A* ideally in this paper! Also if it isn't too much trouble, can you also provide any core studies revision cards/notes etc anything. Thank you so much

I have all my stuff on the college system so I'll try and post some stuff tomorrow.
    I don't have anything for Core studies, however their is alot of stuff online, have you tried the Holah site? Plus revision on the approaches will benefit both G544 and Corestudies.

Really not looking forward to taking the G543 but I'm hoping for a similar result to you.

ReputationRep:
    I have all my stuff on the college system so I'll try and post some stuff tomorrow.
    I don't have anything for Core studies, however their is alot of stuff online, have you tried the Holah site? Plus revision on the approaches will benefit both G544 and Corestudies.

Really not looking forward to taking the G543 but I'm hoping for a similar result to you.
    That's great! Anything will help! I also have my notes to the g543 exam should you need them! I made revision cards for them! And i'm going to do the same for the core studies paper as they really helped me! And yeah i did try the holah website! Too much stuff to look at there haha

ReputationRep:
    I need help on this exam too! Awaiting a photocopy of my paper too see what went wrong but i only got 52/100 which is a D. Hoping to improve this grade so i can get a C or B overall. Anyone have any ideas what the next paper might have one it? And are there any revision guides out there that i should get?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    That's great! Anything will help! I also have my notes to the g543 exam should you need them! I made revision cards for them! And i'm going to do the same for the core studies paper as they really helped me! And yeah i did try the holah website! Too much stuff to look at there haha

If you PM me your email, ill send you the things I have.

ReputationRep:
    If you PM me your email, ill send you the things I have.
    Ok thanks, I've done so

ReputationRep:
    Someone sort me out with some g544 notes on approaches, like where the approaches stand on the different debates etc! Much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Today in class my teacher told me validity has never come up as a debate/issue - there's been ecological validity specifically but not validity as a whole... this worries me. How do you evaluate validity?

ReputationRep:
    you guys should all type 'g544 revision' into google. The first microsoft doc link is really helpful and summarizes everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurenD)
    Today in class my teacher told me validity has never come up as a debate/issue - there's been ecological validity specifically but not validity as a whole... this worries me. How do you evaluate validity?
    Validity has come up, it was on the Jan 2013 paper and you'd evaluate validity for things like internal/external/face/concurrent/population/ecological validity etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any links to some past papers for this exam? I can't seem to locate any but I'm probably not looking hard enough :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Validity has come up, it was on the Jan 2013 paper and you'd evaluate validity for things like internal/external/face/concurrent/population/ecological validity etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Was that the ecological validity one, or just validity as a whole? Ah, I see - thanks, that's really helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurenD)
    Was that the ecological validity one, or just validity as a whole? Ah, I see - thanks, that's really helpful
    It was validity as a whole, i didn't sit the paper but my teacher told us what came up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sicaspeak)
    Anyone got any links to some past papers for this exam? I can't seem to locate any but I'm probably not looking hard enough :rolleyes:
    http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications...ogy-h168-h568/

Look for the G544 exams

ReputationRep:
    does anyone think they will put method and method like jan again? in section b

ReputationRep:
    It was validity as a whole, i didn't sit the paper but my teacher told us what came up
    Doubled check this with my teacher today and she got the paper out, it was reliability in January, not validity. Still, reliability is just as nasty!

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.