Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

OCR A2 Psychology: G544: Approaches and Research Methods - Monday 17th June 2013 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idk_ben)
    Could someone outline the individual differences approach for me please? :3
    People are unique, so instead of studying the similarities between people it should be the differences that are studied between them. Behaviour which deviates from the norm is considered abnormal. Rules about what is normal won't apply to everyone. Behaviour can't be generalised to everyone, as people differ as individuals. Consequently, the approach utilises the case-study method which allows an in-depth investigation into abnormal behaviour and and typical areas of study include personality (Thigpen and Cleckley), addictive/problem behaviours such as Gambling (Griffiths) and abnormality (Rosenhan).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lankan-gurl)
    Does anyone think it is a risk to revise just the individual differences approach, the two perspectives and then 2 or 3 issues.. I really am not motivated to study the other approaches ..
    I think 2 of them will have to come up and so long as you've revised them you should have covered your bases! I'm just trying to finish revising Reductionism then i'm calling it a day and revising Section A! I wish I could revise them all but I don't have the time or motivation!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok c: Any tips on section A? Observations? Does anyone have an essay on observations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cryl)
    Ok c: Any tips on section A? Observations? Does anyone have an essay on observations?
    Unlikely it'll get asked as they asked it in Jan 2013

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkhan9035)
    I think 2 of them will have to come up and so long as you've revised them you should have covered your bases! I'm just trying to finish revising Reductionism then i'm calling it a day and revising Section A! I wish I could revise them all but I don't have the time or motivation!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which 2 do you think will come up? I'm hoping individual differences or one of the perspectives and agreed.. I definitely do not have enough motivation or time to revise everything else.. in a way i feel quite bad but its not like we didn't have other exams to revise for.

ReputationRep:
    Unlikely it'll get asked as they asked it in Jan 2013

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh, I really hope so. Observation will make others in the exam hall observe my death. >.<

ReputationRep:
    Which 2 do you think will come up? I'm hoping individual differences or one of the perspectives and agreed.. I definitely do not have enough motivation or time to revise everything else.. in a way i feel quite bad but its not like we didn't have other exams to revise for.
    I've called it a day. I'm going to go through everything in my head and may be on this thread, but I can't do detailed revision anymore. Exhausted. Revise individual differences c:

ReputationRep:
    Could someone read over my section B question B for the behaviourist perspective, I feel as if I've wrote irrelevant things

-Bandura study on aggression: when the children were exposed to an aggressive role model who would act violently towards the bobo doll through hitting, punching and kicking, the child would produce imitative aggressive acts compared to the children who were exposed to non-aggressive role model. This shows how behaviour can be learnt through social learning theory and how we can learn behaviours through observing another person. The study supports the way we learn behaviour from other people through imitating their behaviour.
    -Watson and Raynor study on Little Albert: every time little albert was shown a white rat, the experimenters made a loud bang. He learnt to associate white rats with fear and so acquired a phobic response. This study shows that behaviour can be learnt through classical conditioning since little albert associated fear with the white rat, therefore he has learnt this behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh for those who revising a few thinking they are likely to come up, its not safe to do so after the G543 option paper. In jan that paper didnt have any stress questions, and I revised stress the most thinking it would come up on the recent one, but there was no stress. OCR can soo unpredictable, having done two exams this summer both of which gave me abit of shock when i looked at the questions.

For those studying 2/3 approaches I suggest, just briefly outline all of them so your not completely blank if an unexpected question happens to come up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cryl)
    I've called it a day. I'm going to go through everything in my head and may be on this thread, but I can't do detailed revision anymore. Exhausted. Revise individual differences c:
    LOL I wish I could call it a day but it feels as though my brain hasn't taken anything ive learnt in :/

ReputationRep:
    People are unique, so instead of studying the similarities between people it should be the differences that are studied between them. Behaviour which deviates from the norm is considered abnormal. Rules about what is normal won't apply to everyone. Behaviour can't be generalised to everyone, as people differ as individuals. Consequently, the approach utilises the case-study method which allows an in-depth investigation into abnormal behaviour and and typical areas of study include personality (Thigpen and Cleckley), addictive/problem behaviours such as Gambling (Griffiths) and abnormality (Rosenhan).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank-you!

ReputationRep:
    can someone please post an example answer to Section A part b) the 19 mark question - I can't open documents on my laptop so please copy and paste it instead!

ReputationRep:
    Wilson and Daly, Brunner and Gudjonsson. Any other A2 individual differences studies out there?

ReputationRep:
    Well I hope either Individual/Behaviourist comes up (as an approach) and Reductionism (as a debate) or maybe Case-Studies or Observations as a Section B question! i really don't know! And yeah, I had too many other exams to focus on but *fingers crosses* i got a high A in my G542 resit, and i've got an A in G541 and a B in G543 so ideally to get an A overall i need 64-70 ums on G544 (depending on Grade boundaries) but I want an A on this paper cause its so doable! Uurghh anyway good luck for tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by revise7869)
    Tbh for those who revising a few thinking they are likely to come up, its not safe to do so after the G543 option paper. In jan that paper didnt have any stress questions, and I revised stress the most thinking it would come up on the recent one, but there was no stress. OCR can soo unpredictable, having done two exams this summer both of which gave me abit of shock when i looked at the questions.

For those studying 2/3 approaches I suggest, just briefly outline all of them so your not completely blank if an unexpected question happens to come up.
    True.. but is one to do at last minute? I'm mainly focusing on a few approaches; developmental, ind diffs and physiological not social or cog.. I think I know enough about social anyhow. Besides for the G543 predictions that people made about topics that hadn't come up so far I revised those and I felt quite happy when I saw those questions

ReputationRep:
    I know, I had too many other exams to focus on but *fingers crosses* i got a high A in my G542 resit, and i've got an A in G541 and a B in G543 so ideally to get an A overall i need 64-70 ums on G544 (depending on Grade boundaries) but I want an A on this paper cause its so doable! Uurghh anyway good luck for tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks Good luck to you too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobby Greenberg III)
    Wilson and Daly, Brunner and Gudjonsson. Any other A2 individual differences studies out there?
    I have Thigpen and cleckley as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idk_ben)
    I have Thigpen and cleckley as well
    Mcgrath and Watson Rayner

ReputationRep:
    I think its safe to say if Individual Differences or Behaviourist didn't come up, i'd actually fail Please OCR don't be a**holes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Which approach does griffiths belong to?

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.