Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

OCR A2 Psychology: G544: Approaches and Research Methods - Monday 17th June 2013 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KeiranBB)
    i thought it was a great paper! i did the n/n behaviourist in section B and tbh you could of acted like the whole thing was behaviourist except for 8A cos it asks for both sides of the debate but the similarities and differences were two easy ones to compare coss you can argue nature and nurture again for a difference then reductionist or deterministic for a similarity! question e was tricky but for my against it supporting i talked about it using unnatrualistic envrionment like how in watson and raynor it is forcefully conditioned so doesnt support how we learn in nurture in real life so isnt representaive to be able to support it? but it was bull**** haha
    Too right, n/n was such a blag! It should have just been behaviourist! OCR were sneaky by tying it into nature/nurture :P and yeah part (e) was such a b*** ache i just kept saying how it was all nurture and environmental influcences using watson and raynor, mc grath and bandura as my evidence :P

ReputationRep:
    With the nature/nurture debate question e) I wrote about how it can deviate from nurture debate since the way we learn through conditioning is pre-determined is more towards the nature debate...
    It made more sense to me in the exam but is it worthy some credit? It was the only thing I could think of apart from what I wrote about how they're learning from others and stuff~

ReputationRep:
    Okay what was meant by doing a 'practical project'?! I only carried out a questionnaire on whether teenagers are well disciplined then an IQ test to correlate (idk why I did this).. I think I've done it all wrong 😰

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For section A with the questionnaire does it matter that i did an experimental design :/ which had a questionnaire and a self selecting sample. I think i've done it really wrong I don't think i was supposed to do an experimental design i don't know what i did

ReputationRep:
    Overall that was an okay paper. But someone help me out here for section A i talked about stress in relation to number of exams..as it asked for a self selected sample i said i would only pick 16 to 18 years old who got above a C in their exams and asked them how much revision and caffeine they consumed aswell as to do a rating scale for how stressed they felt. Is that right? and were we supposed to design the questions with boxes to tick ect..???
    I think i did bad in section A although did case study in B guess it was okay, although kept on repeating studies like T&K, freud, farrington and bandura... will i lose marks for that?

ReputationRep:
    Ok, i'm new to The Student Room from today haha but i am so glad i found this thread because i was so stressed about this exam!
    I didn't mind Section B (i did n/n), but was wondering what people did about the 'nominal data' follow up question in Section A?...it completely threw me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkhan9035)
    Lol I was opposite to you, I studied only the perspectives/approaches and blagged my way through the debate oh well! At least its over now
    Yup, finally over; I really did not like psychology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasheboy)
    Ohh God, I forgot to answer the first question as I always do the procedure and write the aim, omg that 3 marks could be a difference between a C and a D. FREAKING HELL

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was 2, don't sweat it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imi.byrne)
    Ok, i'm new to The Student Room from today haha but i am so glad i found this thread because i was so stressed about this exam!
    I didn't mind Section B (i did n/n), but was wondering what people did about the 'nominal data' follow up question in Section A?...it completely threw me

I think is was chi square or something - i couldn't apply it though....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by revise7869)
    I think is was chi square or something - i couldn't apply it though....
    you had to say how you would make it nominal so like by making results into categories cos that is what nominal data is, didnt need to mention what inferential testing was needed

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit late to ask and I'm hoping I'm right, but Milgram is part of the nurture debate right?

ReputationRep:
    you had to say how you would make it nominal so like by making results into categories cos that is what nominal data is, didnt need to mention what inferential testing was needed
    Thank you! I did something along those lines...but i'm not hoping for much aha(: hope it went well for you x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eselle)
    It's a bit late to ask and I'm hoping I'm right, but Milgram is part of the nurture debate right?
    yes! nurture includes the social approach too!

ReputationRep:
    Bloomin' eck. Didn't revise for this resit as I've been focusing on my other exams instead and I didn't feel I'd have time to do all the content anyway... Then the easiest paper ever comes up! Ever looked at a question and thought 'I knew this four months ago...'? :L mega frustration!

ReputationRep:
    yes! nurture includes the social approach too!
    *phew* my panicked exam mind saved me although I focused more on Watson and Raynor and Bandura for the behaviourist questions

ReputationRep:
    oh.. :/ never mind i wasn't ever taught this exam as my teacher focused on the other one so didn't get the statistics...thanks

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh. Timing was such an issue on that paper :/ Couldn't think of a reductionist biological study so probably lost 2 marks for not giving an example on my first point and had no idea how to define the nature-nurture debate. I think I just wrote about how one supports the biological cause of behaviour (nature) and how the other doesn't and blah blah blah. I also don't feel like my methodology was good enough for 19 marks but there really wasnt much to write!! Would really love an A* though so hopefully I've done enough! ><

ReputationRep:
    Omg i'm worried now Is bandura and savage-rumbaugh okay for two studies that support nurture? I think they're wrong! That's 8 marks i've lost

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Omg i'm worried now Is bandura and savage-rumbaugh okay for two studies that support nurture? I think they're wrong! That's 8 marks i've lost

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't do that section, I did the case studies one, however if I had done the nature/nurture section I would have used Bandura and Savage-Rumbaugh, I believe those to be perfectly fine for the purpose

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    well they aint nature thats for sure. S&R is deffo nurture because the chimps are in a manipulated environment as for bandura not sure now you saying that, but it can explain how a role model shapes behavior so could be nurture

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.