Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

OCR A2 Psychology: G544: Approaches and Research Methods - Monday 17th June 2013 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone say they would do a pilot study to find out what questions were appropriate to use before conducting the real study using a final questionnaire? This is what I wrote, it seemed to add a bit more detail and made me answer longer, do people think this was okay to do? I just had a brain wave during the exam to say I would first do a pilot study

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aliyaa)
    Very true haha and that's really reassuring (: Ah jeez, really?? The fact that you finished it all with 5 minutes to spare is really impressive!! I started my exam by doing the 12 marker and went a little overboard writing 3 pages messed up my timings for everything else lol. When I reached 45 minutes I had to move onto section A even though 8e was incomplete. I managed to finish it all in the end though which is all that matters!
    3 pages!? Wow, that's impressive! I tend not to listen to the whole 45/45 thing, because section A usually doesn't tale me any more than 30-35, which is pretty helpful for section B! Anyway, if we finished in the end, then that's not a problem however you do the paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dazza1801)
    Did anyone say they would do a pilot study to find out what questions were appropriate to use before conducting the real study using a final questionnaire? This is what I wrote, it seemed to add a bit more detail and made me answer longer, do people think this was okay to do? I just had a brain wave during the exam to say I would first do a pilot study
    I didn't include a pilot study but now I'm wishing I had! I am sure you will pick up marks for that as it is applicable to questionnaires

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josew27)
    I didn't include a pilot study but now I'm wishing I had! I am sure you will pick up marks for that as it is applicable to questionnaires
    Well, that is good to hear You know, I am really pleased with how this exam went, I was really dreading it as I have THE worst cold ever and doing the exam was the last thing on my mind this morning Maybe I should get a cold before an exam more often lol

ReputationRep:
    Well, that is good to hear You know, I am really pleased with how this exam went, I was really dreading it as I have THE worst cold ever and doing the exam was the last thing on my mind this morning Maybe I should get a cold before an exam more often lol
    lol yeah I do think it was quite a nice exam to be honest, a lot better than the options paper for me!

ReputationRep:
    lol yeah I do think it was quite a nice exam to be honest, a lot better than the options paper for me!
    Totally the same for me, options did not go as well, the questions in options were good, I just ran out of time, and only really half answered two of the 15 markers! Oh well, hopefully I have made up for it in this exam What grade are you hoping to achieve?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imi.byrne)
    My distracted question was 'do you have any siblings? If so, how many?" And urm no I don't think so, atleast not intentionally haha! But all these damned studies are so imprinted on my brain I probably used them without thinking haha
    Lol yours was alot better

ReputationRep:
    Totally the same for me, options did not go as well, the questions in options were good, I just ran out of time, and only really half answered two of the 15 markers! Oh well, hopefully I have made up for it in this exam What grade are you hoping to achieve?
    yeah I was hoping for a question on stress and there wasn't one, not in january or june, so that was slightly annoying. Yeah hopefully! I got an A at AS so I am aiming for an A overall, you?

ReputationRep:
    yeah I was hoping for a question on stress and there wasn't one, not in january or june, so that was slightly annoying. Yeah hopefully! I got an A at AS so I am aiming for an A overall, you?
    I know, OCR are very devious in not putting stress in there twice in a row! I also got an A for AS, so I would love an A over all too, however after options I am really doubting that I will but I guess I will just have to wait until results day, there is nothing I can do now. I only need a B in it for university anyway so I won't be too devastated if I don't get the A

ReputationRep:
    I know, OCR are very devious in not putting stress in there twice in a row! I also got an A for AS, so I would love an A over all too, however after options I am really doubting that I will but I guess I will just have to wait until results day, there is nothing I can do now. I only need a B in it for university anyway so I won't be too devastated if I don't get the A
    probably did it to catch everyone out. well you never know, all we can do now is wait haha, good luck with your results!

ReputationRep:
    probably did it to catch everyone out. well you never know, all we can do now is wait haha, good luck with your results!
    Thanks, good luck with your results too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkhan9035)
    Good stuff, what do you want overall on this paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    An A, I'm resitting the paper, the first time I got a B in January which I did not want. Only option is to get an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jakez123)
    An A, I'm resitting the paper, the first time I got a B in January which I did not want. Only option is to get an A
    That's good, hope you get your A, i'd like an A too personally but i'm not sure i've got one, but even if I get a B, i'm happy cause it'll *fingers crossed* be enough for me to get an A overall

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if I would lose many marks for the strengths and weaknesses part of section B if I only used two studies in depth and then one other study? This is for case studies bdw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lankan-gurl)
    Does anyone know if I would lose many marks for the strengths and weaknesses part of section B if I only used two studies in depth and then one other study? This is for case studies bdw
    It depends ideally they expect you to use 3 different studies but it depends on the quality of your answer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkhan9035)
    It depends ideally they expect you to use 3 different studies but it depends on the quality of your answer

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ohhh, well I couldn't really think of many studies that use case studies :/ it just didn't come to me at the time. I think my answers were detailed enough except I used Thigpen and Cleckley quite a lot as well as Freud and then mentioned Phineas Gage :/ forgot about Brunner

ReputationRep:
    I did stress for part a! Did you have to do a pilot study and what did people put for the further research?

Also for N/N on part b, what did people put on the E?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lankan-gurl)
    Ohhh, well I couldn't really think of many studies that use case studies :/ it just didn't come to me at the time. I think my answers were detailed enough except I used Thigpen and Cleckley quite a lot as well as Freud and then mentioned Phineas Gage :/ forgot about Brunner
    Don't worry, you'll still get the marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That exam was weird meh :/ I did stupid mistakes for section A
    This was my aim ; ( Do people become stressed easily.) I honestly think its too short and I probably got 0/2 help anyone what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    for the comparison question Does it have to be one difference and one similarity? or you can do two of each :s

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.