Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Ex Girlfriend said I never loved her Watch

ReputationRep:
    Split up with my girlfriend for being too closed off with my feelings. She said she loved me, I didn't say it back. We split up, she went on a date, I told her how I felt. Rekindled everything for a couple of days, then it ended again, she felt she couldn't do it. Started speaking to this new girl, she added me on Twitter. Went on a date with her. My ex girlfriend sent me a message on Facebook today saying that she's not trying to cause trouble but I clearly never meant a word I said to her. I shouldn't be messaging this girl on Twitter, I should keep it private because people are 'talking'. I told her I meant every word and still love her but she wanted me to move on. She didn't reply.

What's the deal?

ReputationRep:
    'i love you' you really didnt say that to her..? even when she told you? :/

ReputationRep:
    I once had a girl tell me she loves me on the first date. I ran away. Sometimes not saying I love you straight away is a good thing, better to say it when you mean it.

ReputationRep:
    No I do love her. I told her after we'd split up because it was wrecking my head not being with her, and I regretted not telling her in the first place, because I hadn't felt that way before. I loved her when she told me, I just crapped one. When we 'rekindled' for that that short period, I told her, and she said she knew I meant it.

Now she's said this. I don't get it. She told me to move on and go on the date, now she's saying all this.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone? It's doing my head in this, because I don't know what she wants. She knows I love her, but to say I never meant any of it when I went on a date that SHE wanted me to go on to try and move on just plain hurts me. Why's why saying it? Why doesn't she want me speaking to this other girl via Twitter? She still hasn't replied to my message saying that I do mean everything I've said to her, either.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe because she still has feelings for you, and seeing you on that date makes her feel jealous,even though she did say she wanted you to move on,she probrably didn't think you would so quick or that it would affect her like it has. That could be why she's saying now that you didn't really love her.

ReputationRep:
    If that's the case how can I find out? This girl I went on a date with, I told her I'm not looking for a relationship just yet. She knows the situation with my ex, and she's just being a friend to me at the moment. If there's a chance I could work things out with my ex, then I'd take that chance most definitely. But I don't want to be like "oh I love you, let's try again!", because I tried that and she said that it wouldn't work, even though she has feelings for me.

I just don't know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I would give her time to reply and see what she says. You've done all you can by explaining your feelings to her, but if it doesn't work,maybe it's not meant to be. But if she wants you to move on,then she'll have to accept this.

ReputationRep:
    So what do I do if she doesn't reply? Just leave it, don't contact her?

I guess am scared in case she closes off her feelings for me cuz she thinks I'm over her. I'm not but I don't know what to do now.

ReputationRep:
    If she wanted to be with you she would be. As long as you've been upfront and clear with how you feel and what you want then all you can do is move on.

ReputationRep:
    So yeah, still not heard back from her. Not making contact with her. She knows how I feel, I haven't met up with the other girl again, and don't intend to. I want a relationship with my ex, but not anyone else, atm. I literally love her that much I don't even wanna think about anyone else.

Is there a chance I could win her round again? My ex, that is. If so, what do I do? It's annoying me because she says she loves me, but 'it won't work', and to move on I need to go on a date. I do that, then she says doing so shows her I never meant a word to her. I say I can't win with her, she tells me I can do what I want, but I need to stop publicly speaking with that other girl i.e. via Twitter.

Any ideas anyone? Is there a chance I could win her back? If there is, what do I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by henrysickle)
    So yeah, still not heard back from her. Not making contact with her. She knows how I feel, I haven't met up with the other girl again, and don't intend to. I want a relationship with my ex, but not anyone else, atm. I literally love her that much I don't even wanna think about anyone else.

Is there a chance I could win her round again? My ex, that is. If so, what do I do? It's annoying me because she says she loves me, but 'it won't work', and to move on I need to go on a date. I do that, then she says doing so shows her I never meant a word to her. I say I can't win with her, she tells me I can do what I want, but I need to stop publicly speaking with that other girl i.e. via Twitter.

Any ideas anyone? Is there a chance I could win her back? If there is, what do I do?
    If she loves you then there's a chance you could win her back. I think the best way to do it though is to give her space for a few weeks. If she hasn't contacted you after that then send her one last message saying that you do love her, you know that she knows you love her but you're not willing to wait around for her.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2013
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.