Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Hi, I am 14 next week, weigh about 45 Kilos, am 160cm and have a so called six pack i Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SweatyGoals)
    lol im not trying to show off, so I don't why you are saying " don't count" even more confused now lol, surely only skinny people like me have a six pack because there has to be less fat for the muscle to visible?! Ah, you have made me even more confused, thanks for your input anyway.
    A six pack is muscle. What you're witnessing is simply your rib cage! Trust me I was the same. You have a low fat percentage but not necessarily much muscle on your abs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parente)
    A six pack is muscle. What you're witnessing is simply your rib cage! Trust me I was the same. You have a low fat percentage but not necessarily much muscle on your abs.
    Ah ok. ,

ReputationRep:
    ah ok, , and the guy on the left is in my year at school surely they are not his rib cage lol, might be the case for me though, btw i do not know who the guy on the right is it is not me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Converse Rocker)
    How would putting on muscle affect his bones?
    Well I always thought that if you stack too much muscle whilst your bone structure is developing, then it'll cause issues when your skeleton is trying to grow under the compressing muscle forces. Can't actually find anything to support that though, but the danger of stunting your growth through injury is still there

ReputationRep:
    Umm 45kg and 160cm, thats a BMI of 17.58. Which is underweight..

ReputationRep:
    Do you play FIFA a lot by any chance? Just by the username

On topic, you are far too young to worry about height/weight/muscle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamEastie)
    clearly not a 6 pac. just cos you're skinny. its like a fat girl with big boobs, dunt count pal.
    It might not "count", but being skinny doesn't stop visible abdominal muscles being a 6-pack. It's just not very impressive except for girls of a similar age.

Plenty of teenagers have 6-packs, even if it just because they are incredibly skinny. It's perfectly possible to have a 6-pack without training abs, just not for everyone. Ribs are quite tricky to mistake for abs lol.

OP, 45kg sounds light to me. But I have absolutely no idea what a teenager of your height "should" weight, so don't listen to me. Just make sure you eat lots as you are a growing man!

ReputationRep:
    How would putting on muscle affect his bones?
    What are muscles anchored to?

Muscles that are too strong for underdeveloped bones will cause problems.

ReputationRep:
    He just wanted to show off.

ReputationRep:
    You weigh very little. The reason your sixpack is visible is because you don't have much fat to cover the shape of your muscles, like most people do. If you weighed more and had a sixpack, that would be something good. Being your own weight, having a little bit more fat on would be healthier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Architecture-er)
    Well I always thought that if you stack too much muscle whilst your bone structure is developing, then it'll cause issues when your skeleton is trying to grow under the compressing muscle forces. Can't actually find anything to support that though, but the danger of stunting your growth through injury is still there
    (Original post by Rooster523)
    What are muscles anchored to?

Muscles that are too strong for underdeveloped bones will cause problems.
    Can a natural 14 year old really put on so much muscle that it hinders bone development/growth? I'm no scientist but I highly doubt it.

Also Architecture-er, there's no reason he should injure himself. I don't think he intends to lift anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Can a natural 14 year old really put on so much muscle that it hinders bone development/growth? I'm no scientist but I highly doubt it.

Also Architecture-er, there's no reason he should injure himself. I don't think he intends to lift anyway.
    He's 7 stone, his bones aren't going to be particularly well developed yet; overloading underdeveloped joints and bones will cause complications. Osgood-Schlatter disease, Sever's disease are two examples.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xMr_BrightSide)
    Do you play FIFA a lot by any chance? Just by the username

On topic, you are far too young to worry about height/weight/muscle.
    Whenever I'm not studying or playing cricket I play FIFA! I love it! DO you?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the help everyone, im suprised nobody has commented about the picture i posted of my friend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SweatyGoals)
    some people say i weigh too less and its unhealthy to have a so called six pack at 13
    I had a 6 pac when I was about 11/12....it is normal if you're naturally athletic...about 5 lads in my year did as well.

ReputationRep:
    Also a 6 pac isn't really an impressive muscle group...spinal erectors, lats and traps are the daddy once you actually start lifting....I would also say delts if I had a decent pair to know that feeling.

ReputationRep:
    Do you even lift?

ReputationRep:
    hm, check your BMI?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    Do you even lift?
    No I am 13 lol That phrase is so overused haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McHumpy92)
    Also a 6 pac isn't really an impressive muscle group...spinal erectors, lats and traps are the daddy once you actually start lifting....I would also say delts if I had a decent pair to know that feeling.
    Never heard of these things please explain

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2013
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.