Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    If you have no other choice find a worse job like being a dustbin man or something because at least you'll all be in the same boat on something like that. It is the worst job ever and I can't wait to leave. Okay I don't get that much work load but the people treat you like a complete and utter, scuse my french, ****.

ReputationRep:
    what's a KP?

ReputationRep:
    King Prawn? Kitchen Porter?

If your talking about kitchen porter. I just quit after working for the place for over a year and a half part time.

Hardest Job EVER !

I feel your pain.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, my sister works as a kitchen porter in a private restaurant for about 3-4 years so far and told me that she won't allow me to work as a kitchen porter because for the same reason, they treat you like a trash etc. She really wants to quit her job but can't since she has no qualification and due to problems with memory she can't go and study further somewhere, and her English is just basic conversation level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    Yep, my sister works as a kitchen porter in a private restaurant for about 3-4 years so far and told me that she won't allow me to work as a kitchen porter because for the same reason, they treat you like a trash etc. She really wants to quit her job but can't since she has no qualification and due to problems with memory she can't go and study further somewhere, and her English is just basic conversation level.
    It doesn't matter about qualification or anything. They treat you like dirt, wherever you are a kitchen porter. I pretty much have more qualifications than the people who are side chefs, cooks, and head chefs in the restaurant I used to work at, some are immigrants and yet they still used to look down at me, even though I was part time and studying for university.

#madness

ReputationRep:
    Is a Kitchen Porter the person who washes up?

I quit after my first shift. It was unpaid- I was volunteering and in return I would get the service they provided for free. The problem is I worked it all out and it turned out that I was effectively being paid £3 an hour.

I only joined because I was under the impression that i'd get to do a range of things in the company, not wash dishes for the whole 6 hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runninground)
    Is a Kitchen Porter the person who washes up?

I quit after my first shift. It was unpaid- I was volunteering and in return I would get the service they provided for free. The problem is I worked it all out and it turned out that I was effectively being paid £3 an hour.

I only joined because I was under the impression that i'd get to do a range of things in the company, not wash dishes for the whole 6 hours.
    Yes, the human dish washer.

I was working 12 hour shifts, thank god it was part time.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.