The Student Room Group

CCEA A2 History

Hi everyone...is anyone out there doing CCEA A2 history (especially the partition of ireland) The book that we have been given is absolutely rubbish and I have looked everywhere for quotes! Has anyone got an tips on where I should look? :/

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by amymcclung
Hi everyone...is anyone out there doing CCEA A2 history (especially the partition of ireland) The book that we have been given is absolutely rubbish and I have looked everywhere for quotes! Has anyone got an tips on where I should look? :/

You talking about A22? The source paper 1900-1925?
Hey, I recommend getting the revision book, I got mine from Amazon, it's pretty good quote wise. Is your textbook Russell Ress's one? I haven't even started looking at it yet lol.
Reply 3
Original post by Rw165
You talking about A22? The source paper 1900-1925?

Yep, thats it!
Reply 4
Original post by Northern_Ireland
Hey, I recommend getting the revision book, I got mine from Amazon, it's pretty good quote wise. Is your textbook Russell Ress's one? I haven't even started looking at it yet lol.

Yea, we have his textbook! It literally wrecks my head so I don't plan on revising from it! Do you just plan on learning quotes from the revision book then?
Reply 5
Yea, we have his textbook! It literally wrecks my head so I don't plan on revising from it! Do you just plan on learning quotes from the revision book then?

Get the one CCEA has actually written its a but more manageable.
Does your teacher not give you the quotes? There are quite a few in the textbook you could just learn off plus you don't need to know that many in comparison to A21!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Rw165
Get the one CCEA has actually written its a but more manageable.
Does your teacher not give you the quotes? There are quite a few in the textbook you could just learn off plus you don't need to know that many in comparison to A21!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, when he actually turns up for class, he tells us that it's up to us to find quotes :/ Is that just the revision guide? What topic are you doing for A21? I'm doing the clash of ideologies!
Reply 7
Nope, when he actually turns up for class, he tells us that it's up to us to find quotes :/ Is that just the revision guide? What topic are you doing for A21? I'm doing the clash of ideologies!

Ah I done Ireland unionism and nationalism for as1.
Yea the 'ccea student unit guide' it is, gives you examples and stuff at the back aswell as the the notes. It is the best thing to get in my opinion, our school give them to us so we didn't have to buy them.
And gives quite a lot of quotes as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Rw165
Ah I done Ireland unionism and nationalism for as1.
Yea the 'ccea student unit guide' it is, gives you examples and stuff at the back aswell as the the notes. It is the best thing to get in my opinion, our school give them to us so we didn't have to buy them.
And gives quite a lot of quotes as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 9
Is one of the ccea books for A22 not written by H.A Jefferies?? Its one of the ones on the Partition of Ireland... He's my teacher and the books actually really good

I can't do the early section on home rule despite it being guarenteed to come up in some form or another

I'm repeating the Clash of Ideologies paper in the morning - should be fun !
Reply 10
Original post by lunanat
Is one of the ccea books for A22 not written by H.A Jefferies?? Its one of the ones on the Partition of Ireland... He's my teacher and the books actually really good

I can't do the early section on home rule despite it being guarenteed to come up in some form or another

I'm repeating the Clash of Ideologies paper in the morning - should be fun !

It's the quotes ... How many there are that are gonna get me "/
Wouldn't worry too much there's always the other essay question :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everyone buzzing for tomorrow?
Reply 12
Is everyone expecting Home Rule to come up as the sources for this paper? My teacher told us to focus on that and for the essay Easter Rising 1916 and Sinn Fein as either will be up if Home Rules sources :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Jessie7003
Is everyone expecting Home Rule to come up as the sources for this paper? My teacher told us to focus on that and for the essay Easter Rising 1916 and Sinn Fein as either will be up if Home Rules sources :smile:

I think civil war or the Anglo Irish war will come up as an essay but home rule is up every year so it's reliable :biggrin:
I hope home rule is the essay question tho!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had Clash of Ideologies this morning, it was a really nice question - so relieved :biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by zergonipal
Had Clash of Ideologies this morning, it was a really nice question - so relieved :biggrin:

Lets hope the next one is as nice :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Rw165
It's the quotes ... How many there are that are gonna get me "/
Wouldn't worry too much there's always the other essay question :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

I get so confused with all of them! :L how many quotes do you actually intend to learn? Also do you think there is any chance of the Free State coming up or an essay solely on the Government of Ireland Act? Completely dreading this exam :afraid:
Reply 17
I get so confused with all of them! :L how many quotes do you actually intend to learn? Also do you think there is any chance of the Free State coming up or an essay solely on the Government of Ireland Act? Completely dreading this exam :afraid:

Sames! I'm planning to learn all of home rule ones defo, and as many of the others as my brain can contain! :P
I'm really hoping home rule as an essay! :L
I really hope not!
Any of your teachers speculated on what they think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Rw165
Sames! I'm planning to learn all of home rule ones defo, and as many of the others as my brain can contain! :P
I'm really hoping home rule as an essay! :L
I really hope not!
Any of your teachers speculated on what they think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea I really want home rule too, like why unionists opposed it, or fall of IPP, if anything else comes up as an essay I'm screwed! :L Nope we're lucky if our Irish history teacher turns up to class, never mind actually helping us! :/ He has warned us though that there is a possibility that one of the essays could be on the Irish Free State :s-smilie: For the source questions do you usually write more for the second one? Because every time I've done the source questions I write more for the first one and I don't think your supposed to :confused:
Reply 19
Yea I really want home rule too, like why unionists opposed it, or fall of IPP, if anything else comes up as an essay I'm screwed! :L Nope we're lucky if our Irish history teacher turns up to class, never mind actually helping us! :/ He has warned us though that there is a possibility that one of the essays could be on the Irish Free State :s-smilie: For the source questions do you usually write more for the second one? Because every time I've done the source questions I write more for the first one and I don't think your supposed to :confused:

Yea fall off IPP and rise of Sinn Fein, I'd be happy.
Our teacher told us to spend 25 minutes on the first one and 35 on the second.
Think second is meant to be longer than the first but only about half a page I think "/ is say try and write more fur the second since there's more marks for it :smile:
Yea I think there's a chance one of the essay will be on the truce or civil war "/ although Northern Ireland is a pretty short nice wee essay!
How'd your other history paper go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending