The Student Room Group

CCEA A2 History

Scroll to see replies

do you guys know how many ums marks over the two years you need to get an A?
Original post by hannahm95
do you guys know how many ums marks over the two years you need to get an A?

320/400 I believe

I got 98 and 87 and my papers last year, so I have 185/200 UMS, so I need 135 for an A this year. Thank goodness as I am not confident about this year at all.
Reply 62
Original post by NicolaM
I'm gona focus on Sinn Fein and Northern Ireland and Irish free state as it hasn't been up since it was a new specification

I didn't even know the irish free state was on the spec ah so screwed:"(
Original post by kathrync
That would be a good mix! I wrote about aggressive and defensive policies and how they were continous to spread communism in east europe and protect ussr. however there was change with economic policies and changes in circumstances also led to change in policies etc. But everyone else wrote about security and then change bein economy..I just overcomplicated it! Wby?

Sorry for the delayed reply, I wrote that it was change that characterised FP because the motives and aims of policy changed over that period greatly along with methods in cases. Based my conclusion on the fact policy in 1917 was ideological and by 1991 this was never in the fore

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kathrync
I didn't even know the irish free state was on the spec ah so screwed:"(

Only starting revision..can't be worse off than me. *sigh* fml
i was talking to my teacher today and his predictions are the source questions will be on home rule and then at least one of the essays is going to be on the causes of the easter rising! just in case anyone needed to focus their revision :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by thecoopinator
Sorry for the delayed reply, I wrote that it was change that characterised FP because the motives and aims of policy changed over that period greatly along with methods in cases. Based my conclusion on the fact policy in 1917 was ideological and by 1991 this was never in the fore

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats a really good answer! Its a very open question I hope their markscheme is real open to interpretation:s
Reply 67
Original post by NicolaM
Only starting revision..can't be worse off than me. *sigh* fml

My room is covered in sticky notes of quotes now eep I think ill just learn HR, easter rising and sinn fein and treaty real well dont have time and need to concentrate on bio tomorrow:frown:

Thank you hannah for the revision focus too! I really hope your teacher is right!
Reply 68
Do any of you absolute dears know where I might find a solid resource of quotes for Govt of Ire Act/Civ War/NI? Particularly lacking with regard to those topics. Using my old pal Rees' historiographies and the internets but still coming up a wee bit short. Got about 6 but we were told to have 12 :/
Original post by Jaawsh
Do any of you absolute dears know where I might find a solid resource of quotes for Govt of Ire Act/Civ War/NI? Particularly lacking with regard to those topics. Using my old pal Rees' historiographies and the internets but still coming up a wee bit short. Got about 6 but we were told to have 12 :/

do you have the ccea revision guide? i got some good interpretations for all of those topics from it! If in doubt just use your own opinions and attribute it to someone else, pick a historians name at random. I did it in my january module and got away with it fine!
Original post by hannahm95
do you have the ccea revision guide? i got some good interpretations for all of those topics from it! If in doubt just use your own opinions and attribute it to someone else, pick a historians name at random. I did it in my january module and got away with it fine!

Lol, I generally just quote what I'd say and then make up a historian name. Work outs fine!
Reply 71
anyone doing partition our teacher has predicted Home Rule as a source, and then the essays as the Easter Rising and the Civil War.

On top of those i'm learning the Anglo-Irish war and NI. I'm going to skim Sinn Fein but it's came up as a source last year and an essay the year before so i'm not too worried about it.

Also a few years ago the First World War came up, is anyone learning anything in that???
Original post by orwell123
anyone doing partition our teacher has predicted Home Rule as a source, and then the essays as the Easter Rising and the Civil War.

On top of those i'm learning the Anglo-Irish war and NI. I'm going to skim Sinn Fein but it's came up as a source last year and an essay the year before so i'm not too worried about it.

Also a few years ago the First World War came up, is anyone learning anything in that???

Yea I'm doing it! What's the civil war.. Is that between the two irregulars and regulars and the Anglo Irish war is between br and irl right? Our teacher refuses to predict but my classmates think that'll come up too.
Reply 73
Is there any other question apart from reasons and was it inevitable for civil war? Also for the WW1 I would learn it as part of easter rising just..I am counting on HR and the rising!
If any of you guys have a past paper question completed on the second source question for 20 marks, I'd appreciate it so much if you could send me it. My teacher, despite me giving in work doesn't mark them and I can't properly mark mine so it would be great to see how it should be answered. Please if you can make sure it's one that has good marking..also..when answer that source question..is it basically an essay on the topic e.g civil war and you use the source to back up your information or is it instead that you use the source information but slightly in more detail?

Thanks soo sooo much!!
Original post by NicolaM
If any of you guys have a past paper question completed on the second source question for 20 marks, I'd appreciate it so much if you could send me it. My teacher, despite me giving in work doesn't mark them and I can't properly mark mine so it would be great to see how it should be answered. Please if you can make sure it's one that has good marking..also..when answer that source question..is it basically an essay on the topic e.g civil war and you use the source to back up your information or is it instead that you use the source information but slightly in more detail?

Thanks soo sooo much!!

I don't have a ppq i'm afraid, we haven't even had any marked :l but we've been told the 2nd question is an essay essentially :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thecoopinator
I don't have a ppq i'm afraid, we haven't even had any marked :l but we've been told the 2nd question is an essay essentially :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right ok so the focus of the question you basically have to know all the information for surrounding the topic? You can't just give snippets which relate to the source?
Reply 77
I'm so scared guys
Original post by Rc1921
I'm so scared guys

Do you think they'll be sneaky and put Sinn Fein as an essay??
Original post by NicolaM
Right ok so the focus of the question you basically have to know all the information for surrounding the topic? You can't just give snippets which relate to the source?

Yeah you need info on the surrounding topic, so for example it may say "how far do the sources support the view that the liberals were to blame for the HR crisis?" and you answer that like an essay and put in the other parts (conservatives, ipp, UU)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply