Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    How do you guys go about learning so many quotes? There is just too many to learn for every topic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceNerd123)
    Yeah I suppose they could be very twisted.. We learn them as the same essay only change the argument to suit
    a lot of the info is the same, they're just always sneaky with the way they word the questions to try and catch people out! i answered one on the decline of IPP that wanted you to include easter rising, the outbreak of the war AND rise of sinn fein, its crazy how much they expect you to know and be able to write in such a short time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duffz)
    How do you guys go about learning so many quotes? There is just too many to learn for every topic.
    i try and learn ones that can be applied to a few different topics, it is hard though!

i need to learn quotes like this for all my subjects so i think I'm just used to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahm95)
    a lot of the info is the same, they're just always sneaky with the way they word the questions to try and catch people out! i answered one on the decline of IPP that wanted you to include easter rising, the outbreak of the war AND rise of sinn fein, its crazy how much they expect you to know and be able to write in such a short time
    Yeah I understand what u mean!! I tend to do my introduction for this period on the easter rising and then in that essay say how the prolonged war and Redmond's linkage to it forced people to begin a slow but sustained abdonment .. I think its about the question , yourself and the mark scheme on the day!:confused::confused:

I tend to learn quotes built into an essay , so that's what I'm learning, essays

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duffz)
    Im awful at learning quotes history doesnt fit in with my other subjects so I know what you mean! Im learnin HR and easter rising quotes, 15 or so each cause one of them hss to come up as first essay, then for source questions you only need a few quotes (if HR isnt the source) so im skimmig through other topics and gettin 5 sources from each but a lot from HR and the rising interconnect anyways.. like blood sacrifice you could write about again in civil war a bit, woodenbridge speech can be used loads, quotes on fall of IPP in rising essay etc.. just need to learn a few gov of ireland act and ni quotes
    Another cramming sesh tomorrow morning for me!

ReputationRep:
    Anybody have some last minute advice for the first source question? I'd probably be focusing on mentioning date, author, type of souce and gaps. Does that sound good?

Also, what would be the best timing for each question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kathrync)
    Im awful at learning quotes history doesnt fit in with my other subjects so I know what you mean! Im learnin HR and easter rising quotes, 15 or so each cause one of them hss to come up as first essay, then for source questions you only need a few quotes (if HR isnt the source) so im skimmig through other topics and gettin 5 sources from each but a lot from HR and the rising interconnect anyways.. like blood sacrifice you could write about again in civil war a bit, woodenbridge speech can be used loads, quotes on fall of IPP in rising essay etc.. just need to learn a few gov of ireland act and ni quotes
    Another cramming sesh tomorrow morning for me!
    Same!! I do biology and physics so so different to history!! I'm taking a risk and leaving out the treaty the Anglo Irish war and gov of Ireland :eek: what I have learned is a lot but the questions just have to fall into place!:please::please:[

ReputationRep:
    Same!! I do biology and physics so so different to history!! I'm taking a risk and leaving out the treaty the Anglo Irish war and gov of Ireland :eek: what I have learned is a lot but the questions just have to fall into place!:please::please:[
    I do biology and chemistry! You on ccea bored for biology? History is so different and takes so much learning:| gov of Ireland act is so boring and I have like no notes on it so it better not come up:| wrote notes on NI there now and im just gunna get up at 6.30 to background read about easter rising in Laffan and learn quotes !

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any good civil war, Northern Ireland revision notes any Anglo Irish war!!! Please help I'm in a dire state.

ReputationRep:
    I do biology and chemistry! You on ccea bored for biology? History is so different and takes so much learning:| gov of Ireland act is so boring and I have like no notes on it so it better not come up:| wrote notes on NI there now and im just gunna get up at 6.30 to background read about easter rising in Laffan and learn quotes !

I am indeed!!! Did u have to do the repeat today?? I haven't looked at A22 I'm about two weeks!! Not looking forward to it! Found my booklet for HR going to learn it.. Found a sheet on the aims of the treaty and learn that but government of Ireland and quotes for both I'm leaving out... At least its at 1.30!

ReputationRep:
    The main issue have had so far with English and History is remembering quotes, I always either get them muddled up or forget them. The odea of learning off eassys is a good idea but I don't have many written so I've just been reading and making notes.

I know 1900 - 1919 decently enough so I hope something from that period is a source question. It is pretty much a guarantee that one of the main essay questions will be before 1919 so I don't feel to frightened anout that. It is just those bloody source questions. Anglo-Irish War can go feck itself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duffz)
    The main issue have had so far with English and History is remembering quotes, I always either get them muddled up or forget them. The odea of learning off eassys is a good idea but I don't have many written so I've just been reading and making notes.

I know 1900 - 1919 decently enough so I hope something from that period is a source question. It is pretty much a guarantee that one of the main essay questions will be before 1919 so I don't feel to frightened anout that. It is just those bloody source questions. Anglo-Irish War can go feck itself

Yeah throughout the year I knew essays would be the best way for me, so I did one on each topic got it marked by my teacher. Redone it to I was in least the 30's now I have a bank of 8 essays

Yes!! I think it will be HR .. I like your idea on the Anglo Irish war!!! Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecoopinator)
    Anybody have some last minute advice for the first source question? I'd probably be focusing on mentioning date, author, type of souce and gaps. Does that sound good?

Also, what would be the best timing for each question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    make sure you address each source, i tend to do three paragraphs and then a conclusion. i look at the motive of the writing as well as everything that you've mentioned! like if its a speech in the house of commons was it written to persuade etc, my teacher recommends including a sentence or two on the type or language used by the author as well i pretty much always get 15/15 for the first one

i would look at about 20mins/30mins/60mins for the timing, that way you've got like 10 minutes to read the sources at the start!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duffz)

If it's not too much bother could you tell me the info for the Anglo Irish war, literally nothing!

ReputationRep:
    I am indeed!!! Did u have to do the repeat today?? I haven't looked at A22 I'm about two weeks!! Not looking forward to it! Found my booklet for HR going to learn it.. Found a sheet on the aims of the treaty and learn that but government of Ireland and quotes for both I'm leaving out... At least its at 1.30!
    We dont do any exams in January so I have so much workload now:/ so yes I did do the exam today it wasnt as bad as AS:L but I am clueless for A22 atm have to learn all that next week along with chem repeat and startin for my 2 a2 chems I hate alevels:| what exactly are we suppose to know about gov of Ireland act? Yes have more hours to cram tomorrow thank god!

ReputationRep:
    I've completely left out the government of ireland act 1920, the civil war and northern ireland... someone tell me I'm not being suicidal

ReputationRep:
    We dont do any exams in January so I have so much workload now:/ so yes I did do the exam today it wasnt as bad as AS:L but I am clueless for A22 atm have to learn all that next week along with chem repeat and startin for my 2 a2 chems I hate alevels:| what exactly are we suppose to know about gov of Ireland act? Yes have more hours to cram tomorrow thank god!
    Oh that's horrid!! Our school is lucky enough to do Jan mods :cool: .. As1 was diasatrous! Hated it so so much! Same in physics! Chemistry seems tough! I'm glad I didn't take it on for a level.. I haven't a clue I just know James craig used his influence to shape it to how he wanted (a 6 county northern Ireland with supremacy of northern catholics) roll on the 9th of June!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NicolaM)
    If it's not too much bother could you tell me the info for the Anglo Irish war, literally nothing!
    err when I said how the war can go feck itself, I was implying that I knew nothing about it, sorry

On thre mention of cramming I'll be up at 6.30 tomorrow and in college for 8.30. 5 hours of glorious cramming! Thank you god of time for allowing the test to be in the afternoon. Sorry god of sleep, I won't be getting much tonight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahm95)
    I've completely left out the government of ireland act 1920, the civil war and northern ireland... someone tell me I'm not being suicidal
    What're you learning for source then?:O ahhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duffz)
    err when I said how the war can go feck itself, I was implying that I knew nothing about it, sorry

On thre mention of cramming I'll be up at 6.30 tomorrow and in college for 8.30. 5 hours of glorious cramming! Thank you god of time for allowing the test to be in the afternoon. Sorry god of sleep, I won't be getting much tonight.
    Ah fcuk! Let's hope it doesn't come up all I'm learning is hr, er, civil war, Ni..

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.