Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

Can a follow up after the interview be considered persistent? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview at Starbucks on Monday, and did the on job evaluation on Wednesday. They told me that they will give me a call by the end of the week, but no calls till now. I'm really expecting the job, should I pop into the store today (Sunday)? Or shall wait until Monday, at least?

The shift supervisor seem to be interested and one of the employee told me not to worry and sure that I will get hired because they are having a vacancy. But then as they told me, there are 3 other applicants aswell.
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    If I've read it right - only 3 applicants for one job? Really? I wish that was the case for every job...!

I'd phone/go in and ask if they've had a chance to review the applicants because you were told they'd be in touch by the end of the week. Personally, I don't think it's persistent. Sometimes employers are disorganized and don't call when they say they will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claire.j)
    I had my interview at Starbucks on Monday, and did the on job evaluation on Wednesday. They told me that they will give me a call by the end of the week, but no calls till now. I'm really expecting the job, should I pop into the store today (Sunday)? Or shall wait until Monday, at least?

The shift supervisor seem to be interested and one of the employee told me not to worry and sure that I will get hired because they are having a vacancy. But then as they told me, there are 3 other applicants aswell.
    I think its fine to ask, especially as they were meant to have got back to you by now, however i'd probably phone rather than go in - it just seems politer I know its horrible to be waiting to find out if you have a job, but don't think you haven't got it just because they havent got back to you....for my last job, they never got back to me but then when i phoned up they said id got the job and they just hadn't got round to ringing me yet Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpottedZebra)
    I think its fine to ask, especially as they were meant to have got back to you by now, however i'd probably phone rather than go in - it just seems politer I know its horrible to be waiting to find out if you have a job, but don't think you haven't got it just because they havent got back to you....for my last job, they never got back to me but then when i phoned up they said id got the job and they just hadn't got round to ringing me yet Good luck
    Thank you, I went there instead but then the manager wasn't there. So I decided to call the next day. They still haven't decided yet till now. *finger crossed*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claire.j)
    Thank you, I went there instead but then the manager wasn't there. So I decided to call the next day. They still haven't decided yet till now. *finger crossed*
    No problem fingers crossed for you

ReputationRep:
    hope you get the job!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mythtakes)
    If I've read it right - only 3 applicants for one job? Really? I wish that was the case for every job...!
    I doubt they meant there were only 3 people + OP who applied, much more likely they were saying that there were 3 other applicants who had the evaluation or 3 others shortlisted. If there's only one vacancy then that would mean 3 of the 4 would be rejected.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.