Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    So, 2 / 3 years ago I went to university. I hated every second of it, the course, campus etc...I stayed for a few months before throwing the towel in came home and I blew my loan on a car and got a decent job working for land rover, I have no regrets and would do it again. I heard nothing from the university or the students loan company so just assumed they got the picture...

Fast forward 2 years I am now in a position where I want to progress with land rover but need those qualifications, so I re-applied to go to my local university and have been accepted but I don't know what happens with the loan.

I have logged into my old student finance account but I don't understand the questions like " are you behind on your payments" and things like that...

Can I still get a loan, even though I did a few months and quit years ago?
    Do I have to pay the previous loan off before this one?

P.S I will be calling SF I just want to hear it in layman's terms here ... and I'm welsh if it makes a difference

Thanks...

ReputationRep:
    If you have attended a previous course of higher education but withdrew or transferred before receiving a qualification you should be able to apply for a maintenance loan (and, if you qualify, supplementary grants) for the duration of your new course. However, your entitlement to the tuition fee loan and maintenance grant is likely to be reduced. The reduction will depend on the number of academic years in which you attended your previous course (regardless of whether these were complete academic years and whether or not you received student finance for these years). Student Finance England will remove one year's worth of tuition fee and maintenance grant support for every academic year in which you attended your previous course. This means that, if you attended your previous course for less than one year, you will normally be able to apply for the full student finance package for the duration of your new course but you will not have an extra year's support available to cover a false start, repeat year or transfer. If you attended your previous course for up to two academic years, you will normally lose your extra year's support and you will need to fund your tuition fees and living costs for the first year of your new course yourself. This applies if your new course lasts for three years. If your new course lasts for four years, you will normally need to fund your tuition fees and living costs for the first two years of your new course yourself.

http://www.reading.ac.uk/life/life-m...iousstudy.aspx

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.