The Student Room Group

I'm splitting my mum and dad up.

So basically I'm 16 and male and I a good boy (don't mess around in sixth form, not badly behaved etc) but I always argue with my dad. He says most of the time it's because I rude and I don't do things, like tonight it was because I was doing coursework at 12 which I don't see as a big problem but yeah. So, we always have these little arguments but apart from them we're fine, I mean we go to watch football together and so on, but there's been a couple of big arguments that have left me hating myself because I know it's splitting my parents up. This is because my mum hates it when we argue and yeah that leads to my parents arguing. Tonight after the coursework thing my mum was really mad. She was slaing doors like I've never seen her before, she was saying "if I died tonight, you wouldn't care" to me. She also shouted "Is this what you wanted? We'll see tomorrow when I'm packing my bags." This absolutely wrecks me. To know I'm ruining my parents relationship kills me so much. And I know you'll say "change then" believe me I try, but I can't. I just don't know what do, I just want to run away if I'm honest. They're sleeping now, i just want to pack my things and go. I won't be causing any problems anymore, will I?
Original post by Anonymous
So basically I'm 16 and male and I a good boy (don't mess around in sixth form, not badly behaved etc) but I always argue with my dad. He says most of the time it's because I rude and I don't do things, like tonight it was because I was doing coursework at 12 which I don't see as a big problem but yeah. So, we always have these little arguments but apart from them we're fine, I mean we go to watch football together and so on, but there's been a couple of big arguments that have left me hating myself because I know it's splitting my parents up. This is because my mum hates it when we argue and yeah that leads to my parents arguing. Tonight after the coursework thing my mum was really mad. She was slaing doors like I've never seen her before, she was saying "if I died tonight, you wouldn't care" to me. She also shouted "Is this what you wanted? We'll see tomorrow when I'm packing my bags." This absolutely wrecks me. To know I'm ruining my parents relationship kills me so much. And I know you'll say "change then" believe me I try, but I can't. I just don't know what do, I just want to run away if I'm honest. They're sleeping now, i just want to pack my things and go. I won't be causing any problems anymore, will I?

No worst thing to do is run away when things are like this, to be honest I don't think your little arguements are the problem because it sounds like maybe your parents have deeper problems somewhere causing them to argue.
There's no way u should have to feel this burden. Ur mum shouldn't be saying that to u and ur not to blame for their arguments they need to sort it out not u

Posted from TSR Mobile
I highly doubt that you're the main cause of the strains of your parents relationship. Sure, as arguments go on, tension rises, but there had to be some tension there for a tiff over coursework to explode.
Tell your parents your concerns, and you'll probably be hugged and apologised to; because believe it or not, a marriage is between your parents, not you. If they're going to scrap, you might have accidentally added fire, but you're not the original embers.
And; carry on working hard in school, no matter what. If it's getting to you that much that it may effect schoolwork, talk to a teacher you trust.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Bwahaha, my mother is soft as anything.
"Don't worry about it, think of something nice, like ladybirds and butterflies!"

Yeah; OP, talk to your mum. But remember, it's not your fault.

Reply 5
Original post by AmyAintDead
Bwahaha, my mother is soft as anything.
"Don't worry about it, think of something nice, like ladybirds and butterflies!"

Yeah; OP, talk to your mum. But remember, it's not your fault.

My mum's the same...we wont even argue about anything big but she'll still come back down stairs apologising with a cup of tea and bowl of ice cream :tongue:

OP talk to both you're parents, in a quiet, civilised manner, have all of you sit down and discuss where things are going wrong and how you can all compromise, if anyone starts shouting, just leave the room or stay silent until they finish and start again.
There's nothing wrong with people who don't like each other to break up with each other. To be honest, it sounds like you aren't the main thing they are arguing about, but IF you were then it wouldn't be a bad thing for your parents to have disagreements on how you should be brought up - they're not compatible if they can't decide.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending