Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Texts arriving too late? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am soon setting up a Pay Monthly plan but due to problems with my last plan I have been on Pay as you go for a while (with Orange).

I think I have a problem with texts arriving too late. I received a text from a guy and the "time sent" was like an hour earlier in the evening. Yesterday I also got a text from mum but when I responded she said she sent that text in regards to an email I'd already responded to (probably sent the day before).
    The most horrific example was a couple of years ago, I was dating a guy I had a crush on, and I received a text which sent date was two months earlier (asking to see me). Naturally he was upset I hadn't gotten back to me or spoken to him in two months.
    All of these instances have been with Orange and Blackberry, in two different countries (nothing to do with the UK phone reception).

Anyone else had this problem? What causes it?

ReputationRep:
    I have the same problem with my phone although i am not on contract my texts all send out then and everyone receives them but i wont get their replies for an hour maybe more .

ReputationRep:
    I'm having a similar issue but my message never reaches the recipient who is outside of the UK (international).. It used to be okay but recently like few months ago using pay as you go that new EE network, my family don't get my messages but I do get their...

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.