Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Right, so I just did the b603 Ethics 1 exam and I got my results which came at 39/50 b (1 off a). I understood all the content and learnt so many quotes to back up my arguments and I know R.S isnt difficult at all because even D grade students in terms of science and maths were getting As and A*s, which really annoys me and is sort of like an insult.
    I would appreciate it if someone (preferably an a* student) could give me a breakdown of exam technique, particularly the 6 and 12 mark questions

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sneakbo2)
    Right, so I just did the b603 Ethics 1 exam and I got my results which came at 39/50 b (1 off a). I understood all the content and learnt so many quotes to back up my arguments and I know R.S isnt difficult at all because even D grade students in terms of science and maths were getting As and A*s, which really annoys me and is sort of like an insult.
    I would appreciate it if someone (preferably an a* student) could give me a breakdown of exam technique, particularly the 6 and 12 mark questions

Thanks.
    Hi sneakbo 'Dagger that' anyway I think it would be best if you bought one of them Hodder Education revision guide. I got 49/50 for b603 and have 3 more R.s exams forthcoming. The way I ensure I get full marks for the 6 markers, I just fully explain one side then towards the end slightly touch on the other side. I tend to include at least 1 quote from the bible and I make sure that I clearly show that the different denominations have different views and why.
    As for the 12 mark question I tend to structure it by Agree with the statement then Disagree with the Statement then Agree once more and then a disagree by explain why it is a weak argument and then the conclusion.
    I don't know if I can do so well again because we did b603 in year 10 in which we spent the whole year learning about so I knew it inside out but for the remaining exams, we haven't really done much in class so I think going over practice papers is the best thing to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by __Student__)
    Hi sneakbo 'Dagger that' anyway I think it would be best if you bought one of them Hodder Education revision guide. I got 49/50 for b603 and have 3 more R.s exams forthcoming. The way I ensure I get full marks for the 6 markers, I just fully explain one side then towards the end slightly touch on the other side. I tend to include at least 1 quote from the bible and I make sure that I clearly show that the different denominations have different views and why.
    As for the 12 mark question I tend to structure it by Agree with the statement then Disagree with the Statement then Agree once more and then a disagree by explain why it is a weak argument and then the conclusion.
    I don't know if I can do so well again because we did b603 in year 10 in which we spent the whole year learning about so I knew it inside out but for the remaining exams, we haven't really done much in class so I think going over practice papers is the best thing to do
    Thankss man, and i've heard good things about this book before it's the one with the chickens on it right? Definitely gonna be buying it, before you sent this i've been contemplating buying it because everyone that uses this book seems to do well but now it's a must.

ReputationRep:
    Thankss man, and i've heard good things about this book before it's the one with the chickens on it right? Definitely gonna be buying it, before you sent this i've been contemplating buying it because everyone that uses this book seems to do well but now it's a must.
    Yeah defo buy it, anything that'll ever come up in the exam is in the book, it just a matter of you being able to remember it

ReputationRep:

Thanks.
    Hey what topics ended up coming in the exam? If you can still remember what topics came up please
    thanks

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.