Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey I was wondering if anyone got their offers for maths yet!
    I got an offer from Edinburgh and Glasgow University so far. I'm happy as Edinburgh is my first choice!
    This forum will be a good way of meeting people you'll be going to university with!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got offer from Glasgow and rejections from Edinburgh and Aberdeen. But still waiting for Heriot-Watt (if I get an offer it will be my firm) and Strathclyde (hoping for easier conditions than Glasgow).

ReputationRep:
    Well done for your Glasgow! Hope you get in to Heriot Watt! Have you just applied for Mathematics for all of them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I applied for Mathematics and Statistics. Got an offer from HW. Unfortunately, it is as high as Oxford requirements. If I was able to fulfill the conditions from HW offer, I Would rather apply to UCL or Imperial. It was a huge disappointment, since Heriot was known to give out reasonable offers, but apparently they do not want more Poles there now. Still hoping for a good offer from Strathlyclyde, as it is meant to be my insurance now.

Wysłane z mojego LG-P760
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kapsl0k)
    Thanks! I applied for Mathematics and Statistics. Got an offer from HW. Unfortunately, it is as high as Oxford requirements. If I was able to fulfill the conditions from HW offer, I Would rather apply to UCL or Imperial. It was a huge disappointment, since Heriot was known to give out reasonable offers, but apparently they do not want more Poles there now. Still hoping for a good offer from Strathlyclyde, as it is meant to be my insurance now.

Wysłane z mojego LG-P760
    You got the same offer from HW as Oxford? That's crazy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheIrrational)
    You got the same offer from HW as Oxford? That's crazy!
    Not really. What I meant is that it is as high as Oxford's offer would be (Oxford's typical offer for Polish Matura).

And yeah, that's crazy.

ReputationRep:
    I have offer from Edinburgh and St. Andrews for Mathematics and Physics and am totally unsure which to choose. Does anyone know which might be "better" course/teacher wise?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I got offers too to study Mathematics from Edinburgh and Glasgow. My firm is Edinburgh and my insurance is Glasgow. Does anyone know advantages/disadvantages of studying Maths in these 2 different unis? Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    I kinda feel like jumping in here coz all the posts are about Scottish universities. Just finished my 1st year of uni at UWS doing Physics but I'm transferring to Heriot Watt's Mathematical Physics degree (kinda like maths and physics joint honours) but I might end up switching to straight maths before the start of 3rd year (This is actually allowed up till the end of 2nd year) so yea, maths!

ReputationRep:
    Hello !! I got an unconditional from York and a conditional from Lancaster to study Economics and Mathematics (also Economics from Nottingham as well). Nice to meet everyone ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kapsl0k)
    Got offer from Glasgow and rejections from Edinburgh and Aberdeen. But still waiting for Heriot-Watt (if I get an offer it will be my firm) and Strathclyde (hoping for easier conditions than Glasgow).
    For me I think Edinburgh > Glasgow >>>>>>>>>> Aberdeen = HW = Strathclyde, so you should go to Glasgow since it's massively more prestigious than the latter 3.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've also firmed Edinburgh for Maths :-)

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.