Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys... i really need your help!

For my C1 my result was: C - 67/100 (3 marks away from a B)

I was wondering how the UMS points work according to all the topics we do in first year of Maths such as: C1, C2 and S1 work??

Let me get straight to the point... i was 3 marks away from a B.. and I cannot resit the C1 exam until A2 and my teacher said this was due to "student not paying attention to C2 and S1 because they put all their effort in C1". So i guess if i put my effort as much as i can into C2 and S1 can i get at least an A?? (sounds weird, but worth a try)

Well i thought about it like this to get an A exactly or even on the boundary at the end of AS maths, then I need to get above the A grade UMS points in the 90's right?

So that's why i am asking how much are the UMS points for S1, C2, and C1 worth in order to get an A at the end of the AS year..? Then i can put much work in it as my teacher suggested.

Hope that made sense.
    Thank you very much!!!

Please no other random answers...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacksgap)
    Hello guys... i really need your help!

For my C1 my result was: C - 67/100 (3 marks away from a B)

I was wondering how the UMS points work according to all the topics we do in first year of Maths such as: C1, C2 and S1 work??

Let me get straight to the point... i was 3 marks away from a B.. and I cannot resit the C1 exam until A2 and my teacher said this was due to "student not paying attention to C2 and S1 because they put all their effort in C1". So i guess if i put my effort as much as i can into C2 and S1 can i get at least an A?? (sounds weird, but worth a try)

Well i thought about it like this to get an A exactly or even on the boundary at the end of AS maths, then I need to get above the A grade UMS points in the 90's right?

So that's why i am asking how much are the UMS points for S1, C2, and C1 worth in order to get an A at the end of the AS year..? Then i can put much work in it as my teacher suggested.

Hope that made sense.
    Thank you very much!!!

Please no other random answers...
    The UMS rules are the same for all exam boards and subjects and are explained here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=649874

For Maths, all units have a max UMS of 100. If you have 67/100 so far you need at least (240-67=)173 from the remaining 2 AS units to get an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Data)
    The UMS rules are the same for all exam boards and subjects and are explained here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=649874

For Maths, all units have a max UMS of 100. If you have 67/100 so far you need at least (240-67=)173 from the remaining 2 AS units to get an A.

Oooohhhh So does that that's the minimum to get an A coz 240/300 is an A for As maths? Will it ever change though? No?

Woahh that means I need to get like 80-ish UMS in one of the topics and in the other like 90+ UMS.
    Scary.. but gonna go for it..
    I get it now thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacksgap)
    Oooohhhh So does that that's the minimum to get an A coz [B]240/300 is an A for As maths? Will it ever change though? No?
    It will not change as the UMS grade boundaries are fixed for all subjects; 80% or more is an A.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.