Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I am in the process of finalising my question for EPQ and am finding it increasingly difficult to find a question that my supervisor says is acceptable. I started with "Is the globalisation of architectural styles destroying cultural and historic context in major world cities?" But was told that it was too vague, but every time I try to narrow it down I either stray miles from architecture (I'm hoping to study architecture at university starting 2014) or there is little to no information readily available for the topic. Any help with narrowing down and focusing my question or any other ideas relating to architecture in general would be greatly appreciated, thank you !!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing an EPQ as well about sustainability and whether we need further infrastructure developments. The titles a bit vague and I'm hoping to study Civil and Environmental Engineering but the EPQ is sort of leaning towards geography. But my supervisor doesn't mind TOO much just to possibly try and focus as you go along. Your title is interesting I can see why you want to find out how modern architecture style impacts traditional style, I would suggest focusing on one topic i.e historic or cultural because then you have a clearer idea, make parameters to make it sort of easier. Also as you do the EPQ you get more marks for making any changes to what your finding out compared to the original title so you can focus on one during the EPQ. Keep the title simple and not too wordy like I've possibly done but I'll adjust. That's what I suggest anyway

ReputationRep:
    I did an EPQ a year ago now called 'Moving towards zero-carbon housing'. It was something I was genuinely interested in, so made it easy to do the research and write-up, and was architecture related, as I'm now doing architecture at university. It turned out to be a good topic because there are so many sources of information and so many different ways it could be looked at. If you are interested in architecture I would suggest a topic where you can focus on a number of case studies, that was the part I really enjoyed.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.