Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey, after recently passing my assessment day at PwC and being invited to a partner interview, I was just wondering what my chances are of getting an offer?

I've read a lot that the partner interview is really just to ensure you have the required personality and motivation to work for PwC, so do a lot of people pass this stage?

Also what sort of numbers make it through to this stage, in relation to the total amount of applicants?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by panattack)
    Hey, after recently passing my assessment day at PwC and being invited to a partner interview, I was just wondering what my chances are of getting an offer?

I've read a lot that the partner interview is really just to ensure you have the required personality and motivation to work for PwC, so do a lot of people pass this stage?

Also what sort of numbers make it through to this stage, in relation to the total amount of applicants?

Thank you
    I dont think you can use the overall pass rate to capture your own possibility of passing here, as partner interview is really subjective, which is dependent on the partner's taste...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Londonburger)
    I dont think you can use the overall pass rate to capture your own possibility of passing here, as partner interview is really subjective, which is dependent on the partner's taste...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It is a general rough guide though

ReputationRep:
    I found this PDF online, which makes an interesting read.

Student performance in selection proces
    Stage Success rate at each stage
    • Online testing 39%
    • Application form 78% (most fail on academic requirements)
    • 1st interview 54%
    • Assessment day 59%
    • Final interview 75%
    • Hiring 7.3% of total applicants

If you exclude the 22% that fail at Application form (as may not apply to those on certain streams and those that meet requirements) then the chances of being accepted are 9.3%

The odds at the final stage look good though! 75% chance! I think that probably demonstrates that its your offer to lose.

Source: http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/cc/w/images/PWC.pdf

That being said, the statistics do not match the proportion of applicants (35,000) to the student intake (1250), so I don't know where they got their stats from; unless they multi-count those that apply more than once, but not in the proportion of applicants to student intake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lotak)
    I found this PDF online, which makes an interesting read.

Student performance in selection proces
    Stage Success rate at each stage
    • Online testing 39%
    • Application form 78% (most fail on academic requirements)
    • 1st interview 54%
    • Assessment day 59%
    • Final interview 75%
    • Hiring 7.3% of total applicants

If you exclude the 22% that fail at Application form (as may not apply to those on certain streams and those that meet requirements) then the chances of being accepted are 9.3%

The odds at the final stage look good though! 75% chance! I think that probably demonstrates that its your offer to lose.

Source: http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/cc/w/images/PWC.pdf

That being said, the statistics do not match the proportion of applicants (35,000) to the student intake (1250), so I don't know where they got their stats from; unless they multi-count those that apply more than once, but not in the proportion of applicants to student intake.
    Could be that a fair few of those who apply to big4 get multiple offers and rejects others for one. Still, 1300 rejections would be surprising :O

Just read it...90% acceptance rate. Hmm, not sure why the figures don't add up.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.