Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedMed12)
    thanks
    if you do that paper let me know if you figure out the first question

x^2+y^2=9

I got a circle, center (0,0) and all the intersections at 3 and -3s but the markscheme says its at 2 and I cannot understand why that is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)

x^2+y^2=9

I got a circle, center (0,0) and all the intersections at 3 and -3s but the markscheme says its at 2 and I cannot understand why that is
    If that's all there is to it, then the m/S is wrong..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)

x^2+y^2=9

ive got the same as you :/ cant see how it could be anything else so im guessing MS is wrong
    do you have a graphical calc you can check on? I need new batteries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)

x^2+y^2=9

but it doesnt show it cutting the X axis at 2 it shows it cutting the X axis past two but doesnt say a number where it does :P it just tells us to sketch it hence why its just drawn
    it has the 2 for part B :P probs to help us/indicate where where need to find the volume for

ReputationRep:
    Almost finished C3 2010 Papers! Woop woop! I can't wait to get onto C4 Papers, really enjoying Maths.

It's difficult but it becomes satisfying when you can do things you couldn't dream of doing before. Your understanding of how to Algebra works just improves tremendously.

I am 100% Taking Maths Units/Modules at University! Grown to really love the subject.

They should definitely teach A-Level Maths Algebra in Year 8/9 - it would make Chemistry and Physics so much easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Better)
    Almost finished C3 2010 Papers! Woop woop! I can't wait to get onto C4 Papers, really enjoying Maths.

It's difficult but it becomes satisfying when you can do things you couldn't dream of doing before. Your understanding of how to Algebra works just improves tremendously.

I am 100% Taking Maths Units/Modules at University! Grown to really love the subject.

They should definitely teach A-Level Maths Algebra in Year 8/9 - it would make Chemistry and Physics so much easier.
    In other countries, as some friends were doing AS stuff at 14-15 :/ like remainder theorem, integration and differentiation :/

ReputationRep:
    back for some C3 revision !!!! ooo the joy

ReputationRep:
    What did you think of the paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justinawe)
    x = 3\tan (2y-1)

\dfrac{dx}{dy} = 6\sec^2 (2y-1) = 6 \{ \tan^2 (2y+1) +1 \}

Sub in the original equation x = 3\tan (2y-1) \ \Rightarrow \ \dfrac{x}{3} = \tan (2y+1)

\dfrac{dx}{dy} = 6 \left\{ \left( \dfrac{x}{3} \right)^2 +1 \right\} = \dfrac{2 x^2}{3} + 6 = \dfrac{2 x^2+18}{3} = \dfrac{2 (x^2+9)}{3}

\dfrac{dy}{dx} = \dfrac{1}{\frac{dx}{dy}} = \dfrac{3}{2 (x^2+9)}
    thanks so much. asked my teacher and she even couldnt do it lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frogs r everywhere)
    What did you think of the paper?
    I haven't done it yet but will do soon, I am trying to revise for other exams lol. how did you find it(if you have completed it)?
    EDIT: I think it looks nicer than the reserved paper though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Better)

Many schools start the GCSE in year 9 now so pupils will be exposed to some solid algebra if they sit higher.

ReputationRep:
    but it doesnt show it cutting the X axis at 2 it shows it cutting the X axis past two but doesnt say a number where it does :P it just tells us to sketch it hence why its just drawn
    it has the 2 for part B :P probs to help us/indicate where where need to find the volume for
    yeh on the X axis co ordinate but for the one on the Y axis is says 2 for some reason. I guess it is wrong

ReputationRep:
    Do you ever have anything nice to say, four eyes?

I'm a proud weirdo anyway... go revise, M2 tomorrow?
    You're beautiful
    lol weirdo
    Yeah i have to tomorrow but tbh i'm ready lol, i'v done all the papers and i know my stuff so just going to relax this evening and get my A Tomorrow and then mad eco revision after until tuesday and then get my A* in c3 and my A* in S3.
    Then get my A* in C4, flop STEP II, get A* in FP2, get A* in FP3 and get a 1 in STEP I! lool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justinawe)
    I don't think this is possible, unless you're doing a Pure Maths A-Level. You'll get a pure maths AS if you do that, at least.

(Original post by reubenkinara)
    Even Pure Maths AS is C1,C2,Fp1
    Edit: It seems it depends on the Exam Board.

Yeah, I should end up with pure maths AS at the end of this, which is C1, C2 and C3 on edexcel. I'm planning to go on to do the full A level, which will be just a regular maths A level since next year we're doing C4, S1 and S2.

It's a little weird, I know, but it's because I'm in the maths group with the people who are doing further maths (because I got an A* at GCSE and chose the same block as them). For this group they decided that we'd do pure maths AS to help the further maths people with FP1.

The rest of the year did C1, C2 and D1 - I'm kind of glad that I'm not doing that last one. It looks really weird. xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ACBLISS)
    You're beautiful
    lol weirdo
    Yeah i have to tomorrow but tbh i'm ready lol, i'v done all the papers and i know my stuff so just going to relax this evening and get my A Tomorrow and then mad eco revision after until tuesday and then get my A* in c3 and my A* in S3.
    Then get my A* in C4, flop STEP II, get A* in FP2, get A* in FP3 and get a 1 in STEP I! lool
    shh!
    iA you'll be okay! Go to sleep, you have an exam in the morning!
    Thats the spirit!

ReputationRep:
    shh!
    iA you'll be okay! Go to sleep, you have an exam in the morning!
    Thats the spirit!
    I will eventually lol

ReputationRep:
    I will eventually lol
    whats up? you've done all the past papers and presume you've aced them and done all the questions in the textbook/review exercises, so all you need now is a good nights sleep, keep that positive attitude and you will be fine

ReputationRep:
    whats up? you've done all the past papers and presume you've aced them and done all the questions in the textbook/review exercises, so all you need now is a good nights sleep, keep that positive attitude and you will be fine
    lol you care for me too much

ReputationRep:
    lol you care for me too much
    what can I say, I'm a nice person! iA gonna be a doc some day, care comes first! :cute:

ReputationRep:
    what can I say, I'm a nice person! iA gonna be a doc some day, care comes first! :cute:
    lol bless, how's C4?

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.