The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3,C4 June 2013 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by justinawe
You can't know until you see both papers :tongue:

He said the replacements were easier for Jan 2012, or something like that, I think.

lets hope whatever it install for us for c3 and c4 are nice :tongue:

if those get lost, what happens? :redface:
Original post by MedMed12
lets hope whatever it install for us for c3 and c4 are nice :tongue:

if those get lost, what happens? :redface:

I did C3 in Jan, couldn't care less about that :u:

I have no idea... maybe they have more replacements ready? :tongue:
I did C3 in Jan, couldn't care less about that :u:

I have no idea... maybe they have more replacements ready? :tongue:

aha was hoping they cancel the exam and give us all what we need in the final paper :tongue:

more likely, make a last minute paper! :ninja:
Original post by MedMed12
aha was hoping they cancel the exam and give us all what we need in the final paper :tongue:

more likely, make a last minute paper! :ninja:

I think they make papers for next year in advance, so they'd probably just use that.
so i've finished the soloman papers for C3, do you lot think i should do past exam papers now or do the elmwood papers?
Original post by nm786
since when did you become a woman? :lol:

Since 1996 :tongue:
Original post by masryboy94
so i've finished the soloman papers for C3, do you lot think i should do past exam papers now or do the elmwood papers?

When is C3? I think I remember my friend saying it's on the same day as S3... so next Thursday?

You're within a week of the exam now, so I'd just do the past papers to familiarise yourself with the style of the exam.
When is C3? I think I remember my friend saying it's on the same day as S3... so next Thursday?

You're within a week of the exam now, so I'd just do the past papers to familiarise yourself with the style of the exam.

I'm just starting :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MathsNerd1
I'm just starting :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just starting what? :tongue:
Just starting what? :tongue:

Recapping content and starting papers really :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Recapping content and starting papers really :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That should be fine, considering this isn't your first time doing C3 :tongue:

Spoiler

That should be fine, considering this isn't your first time doing C3 :tongue:

Spoiler

That's true and STEP has been good practice too, I'll just recap a few little things and get about 10 papers done before the exam, that should hopefully be enough :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's true and STEP has been good practice too, I'll just recap a few little things and get about 10 papers done before the exam, that should hopefully be enough :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

10 papers is lots! :tongue:

I just do 3 or 4 to get used to the style of the exam/questions. I don't really revise for A-level maths in general. Most of my practice comes from doing maths that interests me. More challenging questions, and stuff like that :colone:
Reply 2113

Posted from TSR Mobile

MathsNerd how long does it take you to mark papers.

For me marking takes me so long?

And btw jump over to the OCR Chem forum in a few minutes just got 86/100 on the Specimen Paper, big improvement from 7-10 days ago when I got 59 - LOL.

I still have a few things I don't understand though!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2114

I just do 3 or 4 to get used to the style of the exam/questions. I don't really revise for A-level maths in general. Most of my practice comes from doing maths that interests me. More challenging questions, and stuff like that :colone:

In reality, that's how school is supposed to be done...

If you learn like that you will just excel at University level. Most of my Friends at University, who aren't actually passionate about there subject (basically non-oxbridge/imperial) suddenly start to under perform and lose motivation.

I like your passion bro!
Original post by Better
MathsNerd how long does it take you to mark papers.

For me marking takes me so long?

And btw jump over to the OCR Chem forum in a few minutes just got 86/100 on the Specimen Paper, big improve from 7-10 days ago when I got 59 - LOL.

I still have a few things I don't understand though!

About 5 minutes really as if I don't get the correct answer I dock all the marks, that way I normally do better than expected in the actual exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2116
About 5 minutes really as if I don't get the correct answer I dock all the marks, that way I normally do better than expected in the actual exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is so smart it's unreal. Wow crickey!!!! :O :frown: :frown: :frown: :eek:

That's true, I'll do about 6 then just to practice the things I'm already familiar with :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by masryboy94

There are like 12 elmwoods aren't there? Would you be able to get through them and like 17 edexcel past papers?
I think Elmwood papers are good for tough algebraic manipulation and tricky calculus. I think other papers are, in general, better for wordy questions.
Just an observation.
I still think doing topic tests is a good option for some students.
I don't see a lot of value (beyond knowing what UMS you would have achieved) of doing past papers all the time especially if you are not too hot on one topic yet find others easy.
Doing implicit differentiation on paper after paper, IMO, is wasted time if you know how to do it yet lose 5 marks on every differential equation.
If you do Edexcel your teacher will have the topic tests/past paper questions for each section of each module.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending