Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newyork newyork)
    does anyone have a copy of the leaked c3 and c4 2013 papers?
    Exams officers have been asked to keep the original papers secure until after 24th June, at which point they may destroy them or use them as practice papers

ReputationRep:
    What are you expected to do when you've to show that an equation has ''no real roots''? This was a C3 question from one of the solomon papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exotica)
    What are you expected to do when you've to show that an equation has ''no real roots''? This was a C3 question from one of the solomon papers
    Find the discriminant. If it's less than 0, there are no real roots

ReputationRep:
    the discriminant has to be below 0 for there to be no real roots so just do the quadratic equation and the square root bit should have a minus for the value been rooted

ReputationRep:
    clue AS c1 b^2-4ac < 0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedMed12)
    clue AS c1 b^2-4ac < 0
    Ahh Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    c4 solomon paper A question 3d , how do you find the ratio so easily??

heres the paper https://e8c8970d-a-dbffc5af-s-sites....attredirects=0

and here the markscheme
    https://e8c8970d-a-dbffc5af-s-sites....attredirects=0

ReputationRep:
    How much harder would people say solomon paper's are to the real thing? I've been doing the final few papers and been getting pretty low marks like 57-60/75 which is why im asking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Econ1994)
    How much harder would people say solomon paper's are to the real thing? I've been doing the final few papers and been getting pretty low marks like 57-60/75 which is why im asking
    They're much harder than Edexcel, so that's a pretty good score, it'll probably be about an A/A* in Edexcel

ReputationRep:
    I just did my first C3 solomon and got 100%. Doing the textbook before doing Solomons helps soooo much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nukethemaly)
    I just did my first C3 solomon and got 100%. Doing the textbook before doing Solomons helps soooo much!
    Yes!!! You animal!!!! Good work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Better)
    Yes!!! You animal!!!! Good work
    Thanks! I did the Edexcel papers back in Jan/December and I thought I'd forgotten all of C3 by now, BUT I'M STILL IN LOVE WITH THIS MODULE

ReputationRep:
    Got an exam tomorrow .. After this, how many papers do you think on average I can go through for c3? 10ish?

ReputationRep:
    when is the c3 and c4 exam? I;m not taking the exam was just wondering..

ReputationRep:
    i can only do one a day lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anjna)
    when is the c3 and c4 exam? I;m not taking the exam was just wondering..
    c3 13th
    c4 18th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nukethemaly)
    dayummmmmm !! well done you !!!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Just got 100% on a C3 Soloman that I did in 35 minutes!!! That's how I want it to be come Thursday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by masryboy94)
    dayummmmmm !! well done you !!!
    Thanks dude. I'm on paper F now

Hows your revision going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    Just got 100% on a C3 Soloman that I did in 35 minutes!!! That's how I want it to be come Thursday
    Eeeep, let's all ace this apparently "hard" replacement paper

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.