Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeyThereEveryone)
    Hoping for an 100ums sitting C3 in year 12, a little nervous
    I'm also in year 12 and did this in january, just about managed an A haha

are you doing c4 too?

good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm in yr 11 and will be doing c3 and c4 this summer, I was just wondering how difficult Further maths and further additional maths is in comparison to A2 maths as I am probably going to do it next year, and will I have to go over some of the older AS material over the summer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nena666)
    My C3 book has a chapter called proof. It has questions like proof by deduction and proof by counter-example. I've never seen a question like this asked in a C3 exam, yet it's in the exercise book. Does anyone think these type questions are likely to come up?

The way the maths exams are going I can't afford to lose any marks in C3
    same here man and i am not quiet strong on everytopic

ReputationRep:
    Cheers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Terribly sorry if this has already been asked, but I don't really have time to read through every single page of this thread haha.

Do we need to know any proofs for C3 and C4? I recall learning a couple for C1 and C2, so thought I'd better check!

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys.Actually I have got solomon C3 papers upto Paper E but I want some more solomon papers.Could anybody help me to get some more solomon papers? Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nena666)
    My C3 book has a chapter called proof. It has questions like proof by deduction and proof by counter-example. I've never seen a question like this asked in a C3 exam, yet it's in the exercise book. Does anyone think these type questions are likely to come up?

The way the maths exams are going I can't afford to lose any marks in C3
    proof by deduction, no. Counter example, possibly, however that is very simple. You could be faced with an 'identity' of some sort and they could say that this is true for any value of n, and all you have to do is by 1 example, prove that i is not true. That is all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fahmad1)
    Hi guys.Actually I have got solomon C3 papers upto Paper E but I want some more solomon papers.Could anybody help me to get some more solomon papers? Thanks in advance.
    http://www.school-portal.co.uk/Group...paceId=2367550

several on here

ReputationRep:
    I need 35 UMS in each paper (c3/c4) to get a B, what mark out of 75 is this usually? I hate maths a-level now so am just doing the bare minimum.. hardly know anything for c4, ugh, horrid subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ITomI)
    I need 35 UMS in each paper (c3/c4) to get a B, what mark out of 75 is this usually? I hate maths a-level now so am just doing the bare minimum.. hardly know anything for c4, ugh, horrid subject.
    It's around 30 marks give or take a few. The grade boundary for an E (40 UMS) is usually around the mid to high 30s for both papers. So you need a high U. Are you sure you wouldn't rather try and get an A as it wouldn't really take that much extra work if that is all you need for a B :dontknow:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estudiante_numero1)
    Terribly sorry if this has already been asked, but I don't really have time to read through every single page of this thread haha.

Do we need to know any proofs for C3 and C4? I recall learning a couple for C1 and C2, so thought I'd better check!

Thank you!
    A few questions may ask you to prove the trig identities:

1 + \tan^2 \theta = \sec^2 \theta

1 + \cot^2 \theta = \csc^2 \theta

ReputationRep:
    out of cosec, sec and cot which are equal r
    to 0?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brittanna)
    It's around 30 marks give or take a few. The grade boundary for an E (40 UMS) is usually around the mid to high 30s for both papers. So you need a high U. Are you sure you wouldn't rather try and get an A as it wouldn't really take that much extra work if that is all you need for a B :dontknow:.
    I need 65UMS per paper to get an A, but I'm really losing all faith with the subject

ReputationRep:
    Leeerooooy jeeenkinnns!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luckypants)
    out of cosec, sec and cot which are equal r
    to 0?
    what do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    what is proof by contradiction? I just saw it on the spec now and I have no idea

ReputationRep:
    This may be a silly question but could someone tell me how you write the domain and range e.g. I always get confused as to write x>1 or f(x)>1 or y>1 or f −1>1. How do you know? Is the range always y? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I love C3. C4 is a different kettle fish!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nm786)
    what is proof by contradiction? I just saw it on the spec now and I have no idea
    It's where you prove something (e.g. that \sqrt{2} is irrational) by assuming the opposite is true and showing that this leads to a contradiction. You don't need to know this for the current spec (C3 or C4) but I think it used to be in the old spec.

ReputationRep:
    Need help guys.

If youve got the C3 course book check Exercise 6E qn 6 b(i) and (ii)
    (given arcsinx = k)...
    What im getting is this;
    cos(k) = sin([arcsin(x)-pi/2])
    tan(k) = x /sin([arcsin(x)-pi/2])

but in the answers they've used the trig identities..
    can some1 explain please?
    Thanks

Isn't this solution also correct?

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.