The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3,C4 June 2013 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2880
What are the formula we have to memorise that are not given?
+ I'm panicking I got physics tommorrow as well which is more important to me/

didn't do nothing for C3 at the moment, now starting.

Not gonna do any of the papers and hope for the best. :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Baraf
2 ways of doing the chain rule

differentiate from start
(e^x^2)^2
(2)(2x)(e^x^2)(e^x^2)^2-1
4x(e^x^2)(e^x^2)
4xe^2x^2

the other way is easier, first expand
(e^x^2)^2
(e^x^2)(e^x^2)
e^2x^2
then differentiate

can someone post really hard question to do with exponential decay and one to do with trig.

One of the questions from solomon papers was hard it was like the last question and showed a big graph of temperature against time cant remember it though i didnt go back to it il try to post it now or later :smile:
Reply 2882
Does anyone know why question 5c in the jan 2009 C3 paper is fg(x) is greater than and equal to 3 and not just greater than 3? I thought it was greater than 3 because the domain of f(x) is greater than 0

Thought domain and range revision was going well until this question..
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Namod
What are the formula we have to memorise that are not given?
+ I'm panicking I got physics tommorrow as well which is more important to me/

didn't do nothing for C3 at the moment, now starting.

Not gonna do any of the papers and hope for the best. :biggrin:

You can derive pretty much everything you need from the formulae in the formulae booklet, tbh.
Original post by posthumus
Just had an exam this afternoon :frown: And I've got only about 5 hours to prepare for C3 really... anyone got any tips? Will probably get through 3 past papers at most, so does anyone have any recommendation on which 2-3 I should do? :smile: (solomon/edexcel)

Thanks

yup :smile:

Try jan11 from grade boundaries that seems to be the hardest on the rest i dont know instead of rinsing out past pprs i recomend you go over your weaker points and anything you dont know ASWELL as past pprs as the paper could be completely different in which case past papers would have not been a huge help make sure you know everything every proof identity graph rule basically everything
Original post by Revisionbug
Try jan11 from grade boundaries that seems to be the hardest on the rest i dont know instead of rinsing out past pprs i recomend you go over your weaker points and anything you dont know ASWELL as past pprs as the paper could be completely different in which case past papers would have not been a huge help make sure you know everything every proof identity graph rule basically everything

Jan 2011 is actually the paper I am doing right now, chose it at random :biggrin: May do another one after dinner... then going to go through all the graphs. And get more practice on domains and ranges, which I hate :mad:

Thanks for your response :biggrin: appreciated
Reply 2886
Original post by nm786
sorry for the late reply.
y=arccosx
cosy=x
now draw a right triangle with with angle y on the left, adjacent is x and hypotenuse is 1.
now we want arcsinx in terms of y. call arcsinx a letter - m so sinm = x
now back to the triangle label m. Now you know that angles in a triangle add up to 180 (pi) so let m+y+pi/2=pi so m=-y+pi/2. Therefore arcsinx=-y+pi/2

thanks! glad someone brought this up, I'd forgotten this whole thing existed, think I've got it now
Reply 2887
what are soloman papers. can sum1 link me them please
Reply 2888
can some one explain to me why is jan 10 qs 4bi they multiplied 10 by -1? I thought the maximum for cosx occurs at 1?
Reply 2889
Original post by justinawe
You can derive pretty much everything you need from the formulae in the formulae booklet, tbh.

which one are they?
Original post by posthumus
Jan 2011 is actually the paper I am doing right now, chose it at random :biggrin: May do another one after dinner... then going to go through all the graphs. And get more practice on domains and ranges, which I hate :mad:

Thanks for your response :biggrin: appreciated

One thing that helps me sometines is if i cant find the range i find the inverse the find the range or domain of that for example if i was told whats the domain of f(x) you can find inverse of f(x) and find range of that as the range of the inverse function is the domain of the function i would use that
Original post by Namod
which one are they?

Stuff like double angle formulae, harmonic form etc
Reply 2892
Original post by justinawe
Stuff like double angle formulae, harmonic form etc

whats harmonic form
Reply 2893
Any tips on how to know the domain and the rance of a function? I only seem to get it right half the times :/
Reply 2894
Original post by Exotica
Any tips on how to know the domain and the rance of a function? I only seem to get it right half the times :/

Drawing the diagram of the graph always help me
Original post by Namod
whats harmonic form

Stuff like expressing asin(x)+bcos(x) as Rcos(x+α).
Reply 2896
Am i the only one who changes everything in degree when working out trig values? (ofc putting back into radians after)
Original post by MLogan
can some one explain to me why is jan 10 qs 4bi they multiplied 10 by -1? I thought the maximum for cosx occurs at 1?

do you mean jan 13 instead
c4 makes me lose the will to live.
Original post by Exotica

My good friend, the best way to overcome the issues/fuss with all this domain/range nonsense, is simple.

You see the question, take a deep breath, smile, and then just plot the graph, once you see the graphs, you can understand what the range is and the domain, just remember to plot the x/y intercepts!
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending