Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by task)
    Attachment 226881 can someone please help me with 3)a) I know how to do it but I get the a wrong answer?
    I get the coefficient of x^2 as 8/27 instead of 4/27 and x^3 as 40/243 instead of 40/729!
    thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is your simplified expansion like this? The x3 coefficient is probably from the same initial error.

Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  337.8 KB Excuse horrible drawings.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MasterYi)
    dV/dh means it is with respect to h(height). So so it is the 'x' in the equation.

If it was dV/dr then 2πrh would be correct.

ahhhh your a life saver, yeah that makes sense thanks.

The question didn't actually say what to differentiate with respect to, but do you just choose which ever variable is changing? because the radius wasn't changing in the question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Myocardium)
    Yeah and all the other identities such as inegral of 1/ax+b = 1/a ln(ax+b)
    I'm gonna make some notes on that after I revise for biology so I'll let you know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicso)
    ahhhh your a life saver, yeah that makes sense thanks.

The question didn't actually say what to differentiate with respect to, but do you just choose which ever variable is changing? because the radius wasn't changing in the question
    They don't usually tell yo, so you have to make up you own.

Yes I'm assuming thats right, the height is the variable so it can change.

ReputationRep:
    Is your simplified expansion like this? The x3 coefficient is probably from the same initial error.

Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  337.8 KB Excuse horrible drawings.
    i completely forgot about the factorials when doing it so that was a stupid mistake by me! but thank you master yi

ReputationRep:
    Can someone give a clear definition of induced fission

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cooldudeman)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    With numbers or neutrons?

ReputationRep:
    With numbers or neutrons?
    Neutrons and atomic numbers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nukethemaly)
    I'm gonna make some notes on that after I revise for biology so I'll let you know
    Okay thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do we need to know this for C4

ReputationRep:
    Neutrons and atomic numbers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was trying to say wrong thread.

Here's a physics thread which maybe able to help.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2244676

ReputationRep:
    C4 solomon B question 8b jesus christ that took longer than any question I've done before, so much working out :eek:

Haven't seen a vectors one like that before (with squared lambda etc), the same method applies but half way through I was convinced I was doing it wrong as it was way more than what you usually have to do, finally got there though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jadecross)
    Why was this paper so much easier? I swear I could have got an A on this one.
    If the UMS system works properly, the difficulty of the paper shouldn't make any real difference to your final grade. Perhaps you have got an A.

So, hard as it is to follow, the best advice is to stop worrying about the fact that you were given a hard paper, and just carry on with your life. (C4, for example? )

ReputationRep:
    I'm really stuck on q6a of C4 Solomon A. It's only a 4 marker so it shouldn't be too complicated, but I just DON'T UNDERSTAND AT ALL.

The question is to find the integral (don't know how to do the squiggle) of 2sin3xsin2x dx

ReputationRep:
    Do we have to know the formulas for different areas and volumes such as cones and spheres off by heart? Or will the be given with the question if we need them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minumi)
    I'm really stuck on q6a of C4 Solomon A. It's only a 4 marker so it shouldn't be too complicated, but I just DON'T UNDERSTAND AT ALL.

The question is to find the integral (don't know how to do the squiggle) of 2sin3xsin2x dx

Use the identity cos(a) - cos(b) = -2sin(A+B/2)sin(A-B/2)

That's A+B all over 2 and A-B all over 2 btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knoyle quiah)
    How to do the last part of this question??? can someone show me the diagram they get please, myne seems to be wrong or the mark scheme is wrong
    someone help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minumi)

Do cos(3x-2x) - cos(3x-2x) ie. (cox3xcos2x + sin3xsin2x) - (cos3xcos2x - sin3xsin2x) and work it out from there. There are similar questions to this in one of the exercises in the C4 text book. I just did this paper the other day so happened to have my method close by.

ReputationRep:
    Guys I have a problem with my calculator (a normal everyday casio fx-85gt plus). I managed to press a couple of buttons all at once and I don't know what I've done but it's now come up as having TRUE/FALSE at the bottom of the screen. How do I bring it back to normal (and what would I press to bring up this function again (that I never knew existed)).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knoyle quiah)
    How to do the last part of this question??? can someone show me the diagram they get please, myne seems to be wrong or the mark scheme is wrong
    Should be \dfrac{1}{2} \times | \vec{OD} | \times | \vec{AB} |

ReputationRep:
    c4 book page 46 question 10 help?? im so confused://

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.