Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brittanna)
    Here you go:
    Thannks!

Will keep it for a last minute test of how much I know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suncake)
    It's in the 'integration using trigonometry' bit in the textbook. There was a whole chunk of questions using it too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh How embarrassing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedMed12)
    it can only get better, I promise!
    Hmm maybe i'll take a gap year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brittanna)
    Remember that because you're integrating it parametrically, you want to integrate between the \theta values. So find the values of \theta when y=0. Integrating between these two values will only give you the top half of the ellipse, so you then need to double it. You could also integrate between and 2\pi if you wanted to do it all in one go.
    Thanks, such a silly error, need to focus more on the question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ACBLISS)
    Hmm maybe i'll take a gap year?
    I was thinking of one :P
    Its definitely an option, but you sure about that? I'll PM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mightyscott)
    I appreciate that people worked hard and that stress got to many people a bit (people were tearing up in the exam hall), and I myself froze at the beginning of question 3 for a bit. However apart from the speed and distance and stuff like that which threw everyone off everything was on the syllabus Afterwards people moaned how they couldnt get ff(0) because they didnt give the equation of f(x), but if you're a proper a level maths student you would see that it was a simple linear line (which they said at the top).
    Everything was on syllabus, but it was a proper test. I'm not great at maths, but a little bit of common sense helped me through most of those questions
    Yeah I understand what you mean, some of the questions were do-able. Infact, most of them were. The ones that really threw me off were the first question- I spent 30 minutes on that =.= .. The proving tan question and the last question. Let's just hope C4 goes well! Though i highly doubt that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deanna3006)
    I think a* boundaries don't get changed (which is ridiculous)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    T___T .. Well isn't that my only A* out the window.
    I'll probably get a B if I get lucky now.
    *Sigh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knoyle quiah)
    Thanks, such a silly error, need to focus more on the question
    No problem .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainieXD)
    T___T .. Well isn't that my only A* out the window.
    I'll probably get a B if I get lucky now.
    *Sigh*
    UMS doesnt change, raw marks do though so it may not be don't doubt yet, focus hard for c4 and whatever happens happens, but hopefully you'll be happily surprised

ReputationRep:
    what papers/questions are everyone doing, done all edexcel, solomon/zigzag worth it???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by May-o2q)
    Could someone please help me with question 4b and 5b please? I don't know how to solve this kind of question. Thanks in advance Attachment 226980

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371332320.100616.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  141.3 KB

Hey you did part a right of question 4 why is the answer in the book divided by 2 not kept as 4.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knoyle quiah)
    what papers/questions are everyone doing, done all edexcel, solomon/zigzag worth it???
    C4 solomon is too easy, have you tried the practice papers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orange94)
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371332320.100616.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  141.3 KB

Hey you did part a right of question 4 why is the answer in the book divided by 2 not kept as 4.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You forgot to square root the 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hawraaj313)
    does anyone have a list of formulas we need to memorise?
    hey think this might answer your question
    Name:  C4.gif
Views: 215
Size:  46.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371332599.752413.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  133.7 KB
    Question 4 in excersie 3d part a)

Why do you divide the answer by 2? Cause that's the answer in the book

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I have a question, for vectors in c4 they sometimes ask us to work out te area of a triangle, would I get full marks if I used the cross product from fp3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jakub675)
    Hey guys I have a question, for vectors in c4 they sometimes ask us to work out te area of a triangle, would I get full marks if I used the cross product from fp3?
    Well I'm sure you might because in the mark schemes sometimes they show alternative methods of getting answers etc. So yeah I guess so man

ReputationRep:
    How'd you do this. Number 3

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HARDZ994)
    Well I'm sure you might because in the mark schemes sometimes they show alternative methods of getting answers etc. So yeah I guess so man
    Thanks man I'll probably do it the c4 way, and use cross product just to check my answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .raiden.)
    You forgot to square root the 4
    lol my friend does this strange method in working it out ... she said that you divide it by 2 because 4^1/2 is 1/2 so that why you do it. it sounds like a bunch of crap and she confused me? thats wrong , what she said right?

what do you think??

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.