ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theafricanlegend)
    So how?
    (Original post by brittanna)
    Only look if you're sure you want to see it

Spoiler:
    Show
    \frac{1}{xlnx}=\frac{\frac{1}{x}  }{lnx}}

Edit: It seems as though people weren't too keen on the spoilers so I've removed them.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    \frac{1}{xlnx}=\frac{\frac{1}{x}  }{lnx}}. And \frac{\frac{1}{x}}{lnx}} is in the form \frac{f'(x)}{f(x)} so it is a ln integral

ReputationRep:
    Any of you guys have any idea how hard they can make the vector questions...

like the final part may be related to the equation of a circle ... but can it get harder than this ? (I find that hard already)

Inclusion of circle geometry even...
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    \frac{1}{xlnx}=\frac{\frac{1}{x}  }{lnx}}. And \frac{\frac{1}{x}}{lnx}} is in the form \frac{f'(x)}{f(x)} so it is a ln integral
    Sorry, if it's been posted but what's the answer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SortYourLife)
    Sorry for butting in, but I do like these questions aha

Attachment 227451

Excuse the paper :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No probs thanks anyway for taking the time to answer my question! Lol is that joe jonas on your paper it sorta looks like him in his S.O.S days haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fortitude)
    Sorry, if it's been posted but what's the answer?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ln(ln(x))+C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by posthumus)

like the final part may be related to the equation of a circle ... but can it get harder than this ? (I find that hard already)

Yeah probably depending if Kate decides to make an appearance in our c4 paper in a form a vector question looool

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ln(ln(x))+C
    Thanks, but they wouldn't give us that or would they??

ReputationRep:
    Oops, then just ignore the majority of what I've written I assumed you did AQA because they're on the same day
    Every examboard of Chem5 is in the same day!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry .Thank you for your forgiveness. I gave you some rep to make up for it.
    Hahaha thanks. The people who negged your post must be extremely lazy and dislike clicking on things :lol:

Do you have an example of a circle one? Not sure if I've seen one of those before...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, but they wouldn't give us that or would they??
    I guess it is possible they could, as there you know everything you need to solve it. But I highly doubt they'll put it on there. And if they did (which they almost certainly won't), it wouldn't be worth more than 2 marks as there isn't really any working you need to show, you can just go straight from the question to the answer.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Hi! Related to circles?! Which Q did you see this on? Vectors tend to be really tricky qs, there's one on page 83, Q6 in the textbook, it's actually easy though, but you might be able to do it anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suncake)
    Do you have an example of a circle one? Not sure if I've seen one of those before...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's been quite a while since I did the paper, but I didn't really bother much with it I find vectors so hard

& I think it was in Jan 09 !

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Related to circles?! Which Q did you see this on? Vectors tend to be really tricky qs, there's one on page 83, Q6 in the textbook, it's actually easy though, but you might be able to do it anyway
    Jan 09 paper I will have a go thanks !

After C3... I am expecting all sorts of funky stuff to come up But I think these "different" questions Edexcel are putting into their exams now, are hard to be prepared for
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orange94)
    Yeah probably depending if Kate decides to make an appearance in our c4 paper in a form a vector question looool

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Kate was standing at position J which was (9i + 4j + 0k) with respect to the origin O where her camera was, she quickly needed to get to position M (17i -7j -2k) where the marathon was starting. The road she was standing on was perpendicular to the road where the marathon was starting. Calculate the minimum time it will take her to reach the marathon after collecting her camera assuming she walks at a rate of 0.00215m/h?

:p:p

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hahah, but last question wasnt the hardest at all. In my eyes it was q7. didnt get similar triangles at all! Coupled by silly mistakes with ln questions..
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Jan 09 paper I will have a go thanks !

After C3... I am expecting all sorts of funky stuff to come up But I think these "different" questions Edexcel are putting into their exams now, are hard to be prepared for
    Exactly that because no matter what it's unlikely that people will have come across the funky stuff they put in anywhere before as it's all about application:rolleyes: So I guess the best thing to do, is what I think let people down in C3, is to not panic & try to take it slowly (but no too slowly) . Easier said than done, definitely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zaphod77)
    That's what I do, it makes sense to me!
    i recenly did a solomon intergration question where ln(something) became negative but they took it as positive because they used modulus, i heard in c4 exam conditions they wont do this?

ReputationRep:
    No probs thanks anyway for taking the time to answer my question! Lol is that joe jonas on your paper it sorta looks like him in his S.O.S days haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah aha it's just a camp rock notebook I bought years ago and have for scrap paper ahah :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by masryboy94)
    haha that awkward moment when he does better than you in that exam !
    Hahaha its possible as am doing **** all atm tbh im not trying much for c4 as after my c3 my chances for the grade i need are so dire but since theres stilk a 1% chance so i should start i guess i dont want regrets after tuesday an all nighter and a full day coming right up! Should be fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otrivine)
    No, its fine, I know the formula I just suddenly had no clue cause I never saw the style of question on the edexcel cause it was asked on a solomon paper.

But thank you for your concern
    Im sorry i was just stressed at the time :/

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.