Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kuku2013)
    I can do them trust me just tell me which ones. its takes me an hour each paper but might leave all the easy questions
    But make sure you do some of the easy qs, just so that you've practised them a bit. Sorry I haven't actually done any Solomon papers But the AEA or something like that are meant to be hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otrivine)
    but then why in the book gives

sin5x+sinx = 2sin3xcos2x

where did sin5x come from
    factor formula

ReputationRep:
    Proof of (y = a^x) in post #4711

ReputationRep:
    Oh boy.. This one is tricky to explain because I can't speak.

You need the formula for a cone first. (1/3)(pi)(r2)h
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otrivine)
    but then why in the book gives

sin5x+sinx = 2sin3xcos2x

where did sin5x come from
    sin (3x + 2x) = sin 5x
    sin (3x - 2x) = sin x

so you get sin5x + sinx

ReputationRep:
    guys i heard paper leaked is that true?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fortitude)
    But make sure you do some of the easy qs, just so that you've practised them a bit. Sorry I haven't actually done any Solomon papers But the AEA or something like that are meant to be hard.
    thanks will look it up
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Regarding formulas of shapes, do we need to know the volumes of cylinders, spheres or cones or would they give it to us in the question? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Story)
    Right, if instead of long division you can use the alternative comparing coefficient method first right? and then use it again to find the values or use the sub in method like you said.
    You still have to do long division to get rid of the top heavy fraction, even if it is the same power! If it is the same power you can apparently split it up as partial fractions straight away but only if you do it as 3, so if it's (x+1)(x+2) on the denominator then your partial fractions would be A/(x+1) + B/(x+2) + C/(x+1)(x+2). That's according to justinawe, I've never done them that way. If you don't do them that way then you have to do long division, but that way is just for when the numerator has the same highest power as the denominator

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tikara)
    Awesome thanks very much mate
    No problem

ReputationRep:
    sin (3x + 2x) = sin 5x
    sin (3x - 2x) = sin x

so you get sin5x + sinx
    I get it

and the 2sin3xcos2x comes from?

sorry

ReputationRep:
    Regarding formulas of shapes, do we need to know the volumes of cylinders, spheres or cones or would they give it to us in the question? :confused:
    They could do either.

ReputationRep:
    Volume of cylinder = pi*r^2*h

volume of Sphere = 4/3 * pi * r^3

volume of cone = 1/3 * pi * r^2 * h (h is vertical height)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amin666)
    buy it £400

ReputationRep:
    yep true and it gets worse the replacement is usually 10000 times more difficult

ReputationRep:
    Well the one we're doing tomorrow is the replacement paper, if you want to be confirmed.

ReputationRep:
    I think you have to recognise that it's an equilateral triangle, so all angles are 60 degrees. Then, take the radius of the cone as r, and use tan60 = h/r to get r = h/root3. We then know that the volume of a cone is 1/3 pi r^2 h, so we sub in h/root3 as r and multiply out to get 1/9 pi h^3

Part B is more conventional C4, so I'll assume you can do that bit okay?

ReputationRep:
    This is a stupid question, but I just want to get it confirmed: If I integrate, for example, -x+2 between the limits of a and b, I pull the negative outside the integral, switch the limits, and now integrate x-2, right? The positive and negative values of the function switch around right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zaphod77)
    You still have to do long division to get rid of the top heavy fraction, even if it is the same power! If it is the same power you can apparently split it up as partial fractions straight away but only if you do it as 3, so if it's (x+1)(x+2) on the denominator then your partial fractions would be A/(x+1) + B/(x+2) + C/(x+1)(x+2). That's according to justinawe, I've never done them that way. If you don't do them that way then you have to do long division, but that way is just for when the numerator has the same highest power as the denominator
    I meant using the comparing coefficient method as a alternative to long division to get rid of the top heavy fraction?

ReputationRep:
    Well last question I did involved a cone and they gave it

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.