Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by posthumus)
    Well last question I did involved a cone and they gave it
    Yep I know what you're talking about, but still they're not hard formulae to cram

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcollin1)
    can someone explain how sin^2tcost integrates to (sin^3t)/3 please, im really confused (june 2008 Q8)
    This is an integral of the form f'(x)[f(x)]^n. This means the answer is [f(x)]^n+1/n+1. So, you can write sin^2tcost as integral of cost[sint]^2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexxxt)
    This is a stupid question, but I just want to get it confirmed: If I integrate, for example, -x+2 between the limits of a and b, I pull the negative outside the integral, switch the limits, and now integrate x-2, right? The positive and negative values of the function switch around right?
    I'd never actually thought of it like that, I'd always just integrate those as they were given, but yeah, it does work, sweeeeet haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kuku2013)
    yep true and it gets worse the replacement is usually 10000 times more difficult
    I heard that the replacement is the next years paper done in advance

ReputationRep:
    This is a stupid question, but I just want to get it confirmed: If I integrate, for example, -x+2 between the limits of a and b, I pull the negative outside the integral, switch the limits, and now integrate x-2, right? The positive and negative values of the function switch around right?
    Wouldn't say it's a stupid question, and yup your correct

ReputationRep:
    Yes, the integral of -x between a and b is the same as the integral of x between b and a.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Story)
    I meant using the comparing coefficient method as a alternative to long division to get rid of the top heavy fraction?
    I think I get what you mean, if it works for you then use it, but personally I'm not sure how it works because I've never done that before...

ReputationRep:
    Very best of luck everyone with this exam. They said that it will be a replacement paper, hopefully not something that has been rushed together and is devilishly difficult, but the grade boundaries should be low if that's the case. Can someone tell me what they think will come up on this paper please?, looking at jan 13//june 12 i predict that there will be something tricky with kh^2, some difficult vectors question, and some tricky intergration. On a personal not and not wishing to be immodest i am feeling confident as i have done all solomon papers twice, all delphis, elmwood and most of the edexcel papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lackadaisical)
    What about 3^(2x+1)
    3^{2x+1} = 3^{2x} \times 3^{1} = 3(9^x)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tikara)
    I heard that the replacement is the next years paper done in advance
    they are probably done 2 years in advance

ReputationRep:
    yep true and it gets worse the replacement is usually 10000 times more difficult
    noooooooooo i m having a heart attack :/

ReputationRep:
    Correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zzzyax)
    i am feeling confident as i have done all solomon papers twice, all delphis, elmwood and most of the edexcel papers.
    Damn, I feel under-prepared now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amin666)
    noooooooooo i m having a heart attack :/
    wait till your in the exam hall and then have one you might get you predicted grade instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    they are probably done 2 years in advance
    but whats the point?

anyways, what questions you think will be there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    Damn, I feel under-prepared now
    He missed the Mechanics papers though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amin666)
    but whats the point?

anyways, what questions you think will be there?
    tbh I have been asking the same question on here and no one seems to know

ReputationRep:
    wait till your in the exam hall and then have one you might get you predicted grade instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
    looooool, but seriously, what will happen if I pass out in middle of exam ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sonyeric33)
    He missed the Mechanics papers though
    Is that a joke about C3? Because I'm fed up of people saying that was a mechanics question.

ReputationRep:
    Cool, thanks for the help guys. Good luck for tomorrow everyone!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.