Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    Are C3/C4 solomon papers harder then the normal exams? Or easier?
    Do the normal papers and you will find that there are only around 2 questions which are really challenging.

On the Solomon Press all of them are normally challenging, so it's really easy to find your weaknesses, which should really be the whole point your revising.

I'm going through as many Solomon Press as I can in the next 2 weeks (timed) , then starting normal Papers after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    I'd say some are on par, they just make you think abit more about what you're doing instead of following certain routine like you normally would.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    With a name like MathsNerd you must be a god of maths.

I find the Solomon Press much more challenging.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Better)
    With a name like MathsNerd you must be a god of maths.

I find the Solomon Press much more challenging.
    Try to ignore my username as its completely inaccurate, it was just the first thing that came to my mind when it asked for a username, it's sad I know

Well for C4 I've only done about 4-5 of them but they really don't seem much harder than what I was given in lesson, although I self taught C4 because my class was going incredibly slow, the integration is the main part really and normally contains to majority of the marks in the exam so make sure that's as strong as possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hey guys i got a question about C4. I was doing EX 6E in the new edexcel book page 100. I've been told this is integration by recognition however a couple of people have told me to learn integration by substitution first and then use this exercise as practise? Is this is a good idea? The examples before the exercise seem to use a weird method... Please help
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Need HELP

Attached below Solomon Press C4 Paper A Question 6a

Can't get my head around this?

Name:  need help.PNG
Views: 108
Size:  3.9 KB
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Need HELP

Attached below Solomon Press C4 Paper A Question 6a

Can't get my head around this?

Name:  need help.PNG
Views: 108
Size:  3.9 KB
    Have a look in your formula booklet and you should recognise how to change that into something you can integrate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    Have a look in your formula booklet and you should recognise how to change that into something you can integrate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't see it argh. Let me sleep on it. Probably should sleep on it, my D1 Exam is in 4 weeks and only starting my first paper for it tomorrow along with another C4 Solomon Press.

Spartans, lets brace ourselves for tomorrows battle.

ReputationRep:
    Don't see it argh. Let me sleep on it. Probably should sleep on it, my D1 Exam is in 4 weeks and only starting my first paper for it tomorrow along with another C4 Solomon Press.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    consider the identity cos(A+B) and cos(A-B) where A = 3x and B =2x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nm786)
    Have you got Word version of all the papers to january 2013?
    nah man, lemme know if you find them tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nm786)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    consider the identity cos(A+B) and cos(A-B) where A = 3x and B =2x

Still unsure. :/

ReputationRep:
    cos(3x+2x)=cos3xcos2x-sin3xsin2x
    cos(3x-2x)=cos3xcos2x+sin3xsin2x
    subtracting gives....

ReputationRep:
    There's an example of this in the textbook try example 6 on page 93. Do that example and then you'll be able to solve this one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nukethemaly)
    There's an example of this in the textbook try example 6 on page 93. Do that example and then you'll be able to solve this one!
    You hero thank you very much, kk I'll check it out when I have my book!!

ReputationRep:
    how do you answer question 12)d) in mixed exercise 5K?! help is much appreciated !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by masryboy94)
    how do you answer question 12)d) in mixed exercise 5K?! help is much appreciated !
    Is it differentiation? You'll have to post it. I don't have the boom infront of me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brittanna)
    Yeah, I started them a couple of weeks ago (c4 papers), although i've only done about two papers. Vectors are the most difficult topic for me.
    What have you been getting so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Guide.)
    What have you been getting so far?
    I haven't really been doing them properly under exam conditions. I've been doing a question, looking at the answer and correcting it if the answer is wrong. But I think i'm probably averaging around the 67/68 mark. Although a lot of those marks are from numerical errors (e.g. substituting in limits incorrectly).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brittanna)
    I haven't really been doing them properly under exam conditions. I've been doing a question, looking at the answer and correcting it if the answer is wrong. But I think i'm probably averaging around the 67/68 mark. Although a lot of those marks are from numerical errors (e.g. substituting in limits incorrectly).
    Same position as you mate... What grades do you need for uni and what have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by This Excellency)
    Is it differentiation? You'll have to post it. I don't have the boom infront of me
    well i'll write up the whole question since you will probably need it:

12) Referred to a fixed origin O, the points A,B and C have position vectors (9,-2,1), (6,2,6) and (3,p,q) respectively, where p and q are constants.

a) find, in vector form, an equation of the line L which passes through A and B. (answer - r = (9,-2,1) + t(-3,4,5).

b) Find the value of p and the value of q. (answer - p=6, q=11).

c) Calculate, in degrees, the acute angle between OC and AB. (answer - 39.8 degrees).

d) The point D lies on AB and is such that OD is perpendicular to AB. Find the position vector of D. ??????????!!!!!!!! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by masryboy94)
    Can't help with vectors sadly, I haven't gone through them

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.