Original post by Theafricanlegend
why isnt it 3^-xln-3?

y = -3 ^ (-x)
ln y = - ln 3 ^-x
ln y = x ln 3
1/y dy/dx = ln 3
dy/dx = (-3 ^ (-x) * ln 3)

although it should be positive ....
How do you find the coords minimum/maximum of a curve? I know you differentiate and equate to 0, but how do you find one if there is a both a minimum and a maximum? If I remember correctly, it should come out with two results, and the negative one is the x coord of the maximum?
Reply 5002
Original post by Rayquaza
Still stuck :/

expand the brackets and if you sub it back into the original equation what do you get? it should be pretty straightforward now..
Original post by zzz.
alot of people are saying the c4 paper is gnna be worse than the C3 ppr!!! :frown:

But your comment made me happy.. What makes you think that though??:smile:

I doubt the paper would be that hard, remember Edexcel would have listened to the recent criticism from the C3 paper.

It depends on when the C4 papers were delivered to the schools. If they were delivered a couple of days after the c3 exam, then it wouldn't be such a hard paper!

Remember to stay positive and do your best! That's the only thing you can do :yy: :smile:
Reply 5004
Original post by kuku2013
hey thanks, I don't understand from the 5th step!! why do you have to make it all into ln(2)?

I turned it into ln2, so that I can factorise it out.
Original post by ACBLISS
integration :wink:

Okay well I'd use the substitution of U = X^2 and that should then equate it down rather nicely :tongue:
integrate 1/sin^2xcos^2x please help
Reply 5007
Going to head off now. Good luck for tomorrow everyone! :smile:
Reply 5008
Original post by MathsNerd1
Just remain calm as if you've covered everything then that's all you can do, now getting a good nights rest before the exam would be very advisable by myself as you'll be both physically and mentally prepared :smile:

Original post by Kreayshawn
can someone tell me what shapes we need to know the area/volume of?
i've asked a few times but no response, don't wanna have to skip a whole question on the exam because i don't know the area/volume of something basic

This is largely off the top of my head, somebody correct me if I've missed anything. As you can see, most of them are very simple. The only tricky ones, I think, would be the volume of a cone (1/3 * base * height), and area of a regular shape (which will almost definitely not come up).

2D areas

Circle/semicircle

Rectangle

Triangle

Any regular shape (although they would have to give you a hint)

3D volumes

Sphere/hemisphere

Cuboid

Cone (for any base)

Prism (cylinder is the most likely one to be asked for)

3D surface areas

Cuboid

Err...

You are given these by the formulae booklet (in the C1 section)

Surface area of a sphere

Surface area of a cone

Reply 5010
Can anyone confirm if we have to integrate x/1+x . = x-ln(x+1) ?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Story
Can anyone confirm if we have to integrate x/1+x . = x-ln(x+1)

This is what I got :smile:
Reply 5012
Original post by Theafricanlegend
integrate 1/sin^2xcos^2x please help

hint: sin2xcos2x=(12sin2x)2sin^2xcos^2x =( \frac{1}{2}sin2x )^2..
Is it just me or is June 12 really nice? Please please c4 paper, be like that D:
Original post by MathsNerd1
Only on the questions that ask you to use substitution but I'm saying that I'll use the technique when trying to integrate the ones that can be done by recognition so I need to work out a suitable substitution first :tongue:

Ohh I see :smile: why not just do the integration by recognition? or do you mean to check your answer?
I think you can do it on the graphical calculators :tongue: I remember doing c2 integration and differentation, but it takes abit of time - is good to check your answer though.
Reply 5015
Original post by Jullith
Going to head off now. Good luck for tomorrow everyone! :smile:

thanks for your help!!
Reply 5016
Is there a way of knowing how to separate variables in differential equations?
Original post by ACBLISS
oops the first one :tongue:

pfft, easy one then :colone:

Spoiler

Reply 5018
integrate Sin(2X)Cos(2x) please help
Original post by justinawe
pfft, easy one then :colone:

Spoiler

I got this via a substitution then by parts, that's the type of thing I'd like to appear tomorrow where you've got multiple steps to it :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending