Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Unofficial mark scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just realised I forgot to change the limits on 5b. Even after drumming it into my brain.

Goodbye A*.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    Lost 12 marks at maximum so I'm really hoping I'll at least get the method marks to push me up a bit as I'm not sure if my C3 will be enough for 100, if so then I should be fine but otherwise I've just lost my A*'s I believe -.-
    Woow thats a huge surprise YOU lost 12 marks i was edpecting you to get 70+ minimum lol you probably got 100 on c3 and this mark is most likely a A so your on course for an A dont worry

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe it - full marks for all of the paper apart from the binomial proof! Do you think I'll get any method marks for expanding the bottom, times that by the top then root it?

ReputationRep:
    Lost 12 marks at maximum so I'm really hoping I'll at least get the method marks to push me up a bit as I'm not sure if my C3 will be enough for 100, if so then I should be fine but otherwise I've just lost my A*'s I believe -.-
    What you get in c3?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronald_mcdonald)
    I forgot to put +C in 1a), will I still get full marks in that question?
    you will probably drop one mark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nm786)
    you will probably drop one mark.
    In reality you had to put plus c twice but the MS doesn't give a **** about constants. Its c4 not c1

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cooldudeman)
    In reality you had to put plus c twice but the MS doesn't give a **** about constants. Its c4 not c1

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No.

2C is still a constant, so just "C" is perfectly acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justinawe)
    No.

2C is still a constant, so just "C" is perfectly acceptable.
    I thought that too but I think he meant that technically you're supposed to put a +c after the first integration by parts as well as the second.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This may seem like a stupid thing to ask but i've just looked at the unofficial mark scheme and it looks like some of my working for some of the questions was correct - problem is, i put a great big line through one chunk because i thought it was wrong. but i think it will give me method marks. will the examiners mark it? it's probably still legible...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salsharifi)
    This may seem like a stupid thing to ask but i've just looked at the unofficial mark scheme and it looks like some of my working for some of the questions was correct - problem is, i put a great big line through one chunk because i thought it was wrong. but i think it will give me method marks. will the examiners mark it? it's probably still legible...
    If you put a cross through it then the examiner will not mark it.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cooldudeman)
    What you get in c3?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It'll be between 70-73 depending on how many method marks they give me
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revisionbug)
    Woow thats a huge surprise YOU lost 12 marks i was edpecting you to get 70+ minimum lol you probably got 100 on c3 and this mark is most likely a A so your on course for an A dont worry
    I did say I'm not that good and the little mistakes just occurred without me thinking, like I did put dx/dy =0 but then continued with dy/dx = 0 -.- and the vector question I was 4 lambda away from somewhere otherwise that would've been correct too

ReputationRep:
    I did say I'm not that good and the little mistakes just occurred without me thinking, like I did put dx/dy =0 but then continued with dy/dx = 0 -.- and the vector question I was 4 lambda away from somewhere otherwise that would've been correct too
    How did chemistry go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salsharifi)
    I got told that yes if they see something right although its crossed out they will still mark it ....

I could be wrong though, but I'm hoping for this too aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brittanna)
    How did chemistry go?
    Pretty well, maybe only 5 marks dropped

ReputationRep:
    For question 5B) my answer was 2ln(5^(1/4)/3) compared to the answer which was 2ln(5/3) how many marks will I use?

ReputationRep:
    For question 4b) I forgot to find the value of k so how many marks will I lose? and for 4C) if put -2<x<2 do you think I will get at least one mark for getting the positive 2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justinawe)
    dx/dy = 0
    Can I just say YOU SAVED MY GRADE! THANK YOU! I read this right before the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mallika)
    Can I just say YOU SAVED MY GRADE! THANK YOU! I read this right before the exam
    Glad I could help :lol:

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.