The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3,C4 June 2013 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MathsNerd1
How's everyone's revision going then? I'm still only doing the Solomons for both exams and have got through about 6 in each with above 90+% as an average, but I'm being very cautious as I don't want anything to catch me out! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats incredible! c3 solomon are quite a challenge for me :frown: c4 on the other hand, so grateful its a enjoyable module aha!
Reply 921
Original post by MedMed12
thats incredible! c3 solomon are quite a challenge for me :frown: c4 on the other hand, so grateful its a enjoyable module aha!

MathsNerd is a God not to be played with.
Reply 922
Whatever you say 'ACBLISS' :redface:

Shorty how are you?

Well they can be hard, but if you know you're content well enough then I can't see why you can't do well in them, it just takes practice and don't forget I've already seen them all before as I'm resitting C3 from January so I'm quite familiar with them.

I will agree with that although vectors and forming differential equations can cause some confusion at times :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Better

I gathered from MathsNerd that he might be another elite mathematician on here :P

Original post by ACBLISS
Shorty how are you?

Not sure if you're referring to my height, or urban dictionary's definition there...
I'm fine thanks, you?
Original post by Better

HA! I wish, I'm really not, just work incredibly hard, or at least that's what I tell myself :tongue: But honestly I'm nothing compared to people on here!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 926
A teacher tells me C4 is nicer than C3. Does anyone agree? I messed up C3 in jan so I got a B, and i'm yet to get into full maths revision. Please tell me i'm going to be pleasantly suprised with C4 :smile:
Well they can be hard, but if you know you're content well enough then I can't see why you can't do well in them, it just takes practice and don't forget I've already seen them all before as I'm resitting C3 from January so I'm quite familiar with them.

I will agree with that although vectors and forming differential equations can cause some confusion at times :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah thats very true! yes vectors, the last part where it requires a diagram is where it can be tricky. I'm sure you'll be fine though. Is it just me or are c4 similar if not easier than the past papers, or would you say they are harder? I find them easier, or maybe its because i find them easier than c3...?
I gathered from MathsNerd that he might be another elite mathematician on here :P

Ignore the name, it honestly doesn't mean anything but it was just the first thing that came to my mind at the time. I might be the smartest at my 6th form but on here I'm just average really, nothing special at all but I'm always trying to change that :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 929

Not sure if you're referring to my height, or urban dictionary's definition there...
I'm fine thanks, you?

What does the definition say? and i was referring to your height lool :tongue:
I don't speak slang every minute :tongue:
Yup i'm good, how's c4?
Original post by Economi
A teacher tells me C4 is nicer than C3. Does anyone agree? I messed up C3 in jan so I got a B, and i'm yet to get into full maths revision. Please tell me i'm going to be pleasantly suprised with C4 :smile:

I love c4 compared to c3 so yeah I agree with that, although it depends on the papers in June too.
Original post by Economi

Everyone has different opinions. C4 is heavily based on integration and C3 is based more so on trig, so it depends what you prefer. I don't know which I personally find easier, I think they're both just as hard/easy as each other. :smile:
Reply 932
Ignore the name, it honestly doesn't mean anything but it was just the first thing that came to my mind at the time. I might be the smartest at my 6th form but on here I'm just average really, nothing special at all but I'm always trying to change that :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ELITE MATHEMATICIAN among us mortals :cool:
Original post by ACBLISS
ELITE MATHEMATICIAN among us mortals :cool:

You've firmed Warwick, correct? If I get in then I'll show you that I'm nothing special at all. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

aha don't worry, TSR isn't representative of the majority anyway.

Original post by ACBLISS
What does the definition say? and i was referring to your height lool :tongue:
I don't speak slang every minute :tongue:
Yup i'm good, how's c4?

It comes up with multiple definitions haha I only remember it because its in this song my sister used to play all the time, called you're my only shorty- haha pretty catchy.
Its going okay thanks, its abit boring at school, since we've been revising since mid feb, but I guess its no excuse not to ace it and with c3 revision too. Wbu? Finished fp2 and fp3?
Reply 935
You've firmed Warwick, correct? If I get in then I'll show you that I'm nothing special at all. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure sure sure :wink:.......elite mathematician :wink:
Reply 936
It comes up with multiple definitions haha I only remember it because its in this song my sister used to play all the time, called you're my only shorty- haha pretty catchy.
Its going okay thanks, its abit boring at school, since we've been revising since mid feb, but I guess its no excuse not to ace it and with c3 revision too. Wbu? Finished fp2 and fp3?

Lol bless
Really well i'v been revising it since march but my class hasn't even finished C4 yet :tongue:, they now are focusing on D1, three times a week, so i have no class as i done it last year :P
But overall i'm not worried for C4 or C3 lol :tongue: FP2 was finished time ago, just revising it and on review exercise questions. FP3 we're on Vectors and going to start the last chapter, so i guess it's fine :tongue:
Reply 937
Original post by usycool1
Everyone has different opinions. C4 is heavily based on integration and C3 is based more so on trig, so it depends what you prefer. I don't know which I personally find easier, I think they're both just as hard/easy as each other. :smile:

Yeah I completely agree, there is like a way to attack Trig and Integration questions effectively, but you just have to do a lot of questions to get it in your head.

Really glad we have some quality people on this thread like Justin, MathsNerd etc. it's really motivating me.

Edit: This is a bit irrelevant but does anyone listen to music while they revise. Someone suggested I only listen to classical music during exam season, but I wouldn't know where to start.
(edited 10 years ago)
aha don't worry, TSR isn't representative of the majority anyway.

I know but I'm quite glad that there are people on here that are in another league than I am because its pushing me to do better and better, whereas at my 6th form there wasn't any competition really, now I'm going for 5 exams for full UMS :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ACBLISS
Sure sure sure :wink:.......elite mathematician :wink:

Whatever you say, although you'll find out otherwise when October arrives, now we've just got to get in! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending