The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3,C4 June 2013 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MedMed12
Yeah, last june for aqa was all over FB about being a killer paper, I remember that because alot of people missed their grades, even for Medicine but got accepted with AAB (but this year they've handed out more offers, just incase that happens, darn them).
Woah, I'd NEVER cope with entrance exams ontop of A-levels. UKCAT I thought was a meanie, but its nothing compared to STEP. Hopefully it'll work out well though.
Hm I might do it over the summer for fun and submit it. I'd enjoy it and it'd be a good use of my time, but then I kind of want to relax, get a job and do some community work too :tongue:
GOOD, BIOLOGY A2 IS A NIGHTMARE. I should have dropped it, but German was like English literature GCSE but in German and I ws the only one in the class who didnt want to do German at Uni (one wanted to do German and Maths). Biology is all about having the skill...the skill I dont yet acquire. So many people cram revision in my class and do well, even the not so bright ones,but they've got good exam technique.
What would you have done your EPQ on?
yeah true, all my friends have it :frown: probably stalking me right now...
also in chemistry, how have you done on your cwk?

Just to save space for everyone else.

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 961
oh no, my friend has to go to extra classes for economics before and after school. She was showing me her essays, not going to lie, I feel so stupid haha as I don't get anything :tongue:
would they really do that?!?! but you're a good student, and seriously, why? :O thats so bad. I think if you do really bad stuff on muck up day they do that, but the chances of anyone doing anything that bad isn't very and realistically everyone at school tries really hard so they wouldnt withdraw because usually the lowest they'll ever get afew Cs.
Yeah I will do, just hoping a miracle happens and I acquire the techniques I dont have sometime between now and the bio exam :tongue:

Tbh the unit i'm doing for economics is really interesting and it's easy to write essays tbh lol
Yup they would 100% :/
Have you got your timetable yet?
Original post by ACBLISS
Are you seriously doing AEA as well :eek: You do know STEP I and AEA clash, so 6 hours of maths :O
Now that's just serious dedication :tongue:

I am indeed but I'll get an hour and a half break in between so that won't actually be too bad, although they've decided to make me sit the AEA first instead of STEP I which is rather have a fresher mind for STEP but oh we'll, they've done the same with STEP II, I'm sitting it after my Chemistry exam, not too impressed -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 963
Original post by MathsNerd1
I am indeed but I'll get an hour and a half break in between so that won't actually be too bad, although they've decided to make me sit the AEA first instead of STEP I which is rather have a fresher mind for STEP but oh we'll, they've done the same with STEP II, I'm sitting it after my Chemistry exam, not too impressed -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Again Elite Mathematician :wink:
Original post by MathsNerd1
Just to save space for everyone else.

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Original post by ACBLISS
Tbh the unit i'm doing for economics is really interesting and it's easy to write essays tbh lol
Yup they would 100% :/
Have you got your timetable yet?

ahh thats good! I'm going to learn some economics over the summer :biggrin: my friend laughed at how little I knew... :/
Yeah I got one before easter, to sign and confirm its correct. I have my first exam (german) next week 9th may :'(
Original post by ACBLISS
Again Elite Mathematician :wink:

Whatever you say, but I know the truth :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 967
ahh thats good! I'm going to learn some economics over the summer :biggrin: my friend laughed at how little I knew... :/
Yeah I got one before easter, to sign and confirm its correct. I have my first exam (german) next week 9th may :'(

LOOOL YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING FOR ECONOMICS :redface: :redface: :redface: !!!!!! :redface:
LOOOL
I joke :P
Damn, i still haven't got mine yet -_- and goodluck!
Original post by ACBLISS
LOOOL YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING FOR ECONOMICS :redface: :redface: :redface: !!!!!! :redface:
LOOOL
I joke :P
Damn, i still haven't got mine yet -_- and goodluck!

absolutely nothing. Most my friend did Economics at GCSE atleast, but I took French instead. I was going to do it actually business and economics, but then they made a stupid technology compulsory so I had to do Food Tech instead lol
Hm actually its the first time they've given them, normally we have to look them up ourselves, but its all on the website :smile:
Thanks! its the exam I'm dreading the most tbh :tongue: its more effortly and we get asked questions I cant even answer in English haha
Reply 969
absolutely nothing. Most my friend did Economics at GCSE atleast, but I took French instead. I was going to do it actually business and economics, but then they made a stupid technology compulsory so I had to do Food Tech instead lol
Hm actually its the first time they've given them, normally we have to look them up ourselves, but its all on the website :smile:
Thanks! its the exam I'm dreading the most tbh :tongue: its more effortly and we get asked questions I cant even answer in English haha

Bless :smile:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 971
whattt no way? just treat yourself to study leave. Revision at school isn't as productive (for me anyway) we've finished the syllabus in chem and maths and Bio we have 4 spreads left so will finish this week, not sure what we shall do for 3 weeks until study leave.
oh hang on, is your maths class, not just FM students or is it mixed? Because for us, FM are a separate class.
*did
ahh I did D1 for 4 weeks, it was so repetitive haha!
yeah thats a good plan :smile: just thought I might as well ace c3 too, because if I get an A* in Maths and B in Biology the Uni might still consider me and an A is biology is really hard and the A* is probably more realistic in Maths for me( I hope).

Wait what you did D1 in 4 weeks and got an A !!! :/ :O

I am amazed. I've only done up to 2009 Papers and I'm doing alright. It's like 67/75 for an A. I need an A in it, then 90%+ in C3/C4 for my A*.
Original post by Better
Wait what you did D1 in 4 weeks and got an A !!! :/ :O

I am amazed. I've only done up to 2009 Papers and I'm doing alright. It's like 67/75 for an A. I need an A in it, then 90%+ in C3/C4 for my A*.

oh no no, I meant I did d1 for 4 weeks, but then I decided that I dont want to do an extra AS in FM so dropped it, but I would have sat the exam this jan if I did complete it aha. Although, I did M1 3 months self study as I missed the first 3 chapters when it was taught and couldnt move on with the class, as I hadnt done the previous stuff and it all linked.

I know its really high for anA , but just keep your head down and practice.
Reply 973
oh no no, I meant I did d1 for 4 weeks, but then I decided that I dont want to do an extra AS in FM so dropped it, but I would have sat the exam this jan if I did complete it aha. Although, I did M1 3 months self study as I missed the first 3 chapters when it was taught and couldnt move on with the class, as I hadnt done the previous stuff and it all linked.

I know its really high for anA , but just keep your head down and practice.

Yeah thanks will do. Need to get this Chem 5 and Phys 5 done by the end of the week otherwise things will get difficult for me...Argh I've put too much focus on Maths recently.
Original post by Better
Yeah thanks will do. Need to get this Chem 5 and Phys 5 done by the end of the week otherwise things will get difficult for me...Argh I've put too much focus on Maths recently.

hmm good luck :smile: which board for chem?
Reply 975
hmm good luck :smile: which board for chem?

OCR for both Chem and Physics ! :smile:
Original post by Better
OCR for both Chem and Physics ! :smile:

same, but i do chem and bio
So in terms of past papers for C3/C4 there are: Edexcel June 2005 - January 2013 (16 papers); Solomon A through to L (12 papers) and the Elmwood papers (4 papers). Making a total of 32 papers for each, is this correct?
Original post by S1L3NTPR3Y
So in terms of past papers for C3/C4 there are: Edexcel June 2005 - January 2013 (16 papers); Solomon A through to L (12 papers) and the Elmwood papers (4 papers). Making a total of 32 papers for each, is this correct?

Yep!
Reply 979
Original post by nmanvi
I think elmwood is 12 papers aswell?
http://darnexams.com/papers/1-as-and-a-level/16-maths-9709/856-edexcel-maths-9709/916-c4-edexcel-maths-9709/951-elmwood-papers-c4-edexcel-maths-9709/
so there are about 40 papers in total for each
i usually do solomon first THEN edexcel papers to make edexcel look easyyy in comparison (helped alottt for my C1 and C3 :biggrin:)

That's actually a good idea, might try that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending