• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suncake)
    x
    Ah sorry! Negged by accident
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    The point "P" lies on L1. So you can write the position vector of P in terms of lambda.

Then, the dot product of the direction vector of L1 and the position vector of P should equal 0....

Make sense?

See if you can go on.
    Yep, got it now, thanks!

(Original post by k1rby)
    Ah sorry! Negged by accident
    It's alright

ReputationRep:
    Urm, while solving a C4 Vector Exercise i've stumbled upon something I have no clue as to what it is.what does it mean to find the ratio in a vector equation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 6vor6kas6)
    Urm, while solving a C4 Vector Exercise i've stumbled upon something I have no clue as to what it is.what does it mean to find the ratio in a vector equation?
    Some context would be good... could you post the full question?

ReputationRep:
    can someone tutor me on the double angle formulae??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by masryboy94)
    well this is weird, im finding the soloman papers for C4 easier than the exam papers (based on jan 2013), hope it stays that way ! i've gotten to the stage where im starting to enjoy C4 :rolleyes: yep even vectors :eek: im really hoping for that A* !!
    :angelwings: Lol "Solomon Papers easier". You have reached new heights. You may now enter the world of Maths Gods. Achievement Unlocked :angelwings:

Name:  o2999765.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  104.0 KB

I did C3 Solomon Press Paper F today, after doing well in 2 others. I didn't prep myself in advance. Boy was I dumb. It was a tricky paper. I still find the Solomon Press challenging. Going to do it again Timed, but Prep myself. It was embarrassing. I personally find I have to think and concentrate more, in the Solomon Press Papers. The Algebra is much much trickier than in the normal papers.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking a bit of a break from C4/C3 revision in order to revise for M1/S1 in 2 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAsian)
    What's the workload like for French A2? possible to self teach? with AS?
    I reckon so! One of our two teachers has been off since February with an illness and we've managed to self-teach ourselves whole topics - it wasn't ideal but with AS I think you'd be fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reubenkinara)
    I'm taking a bit of a break from C4/C3 revision in order to revise for M1/S1 in 2 weeks.

How long for? I am tempted to do this for a few days, for D1 and Chem4.5/Phys4.5 Questions, but I am a bit nervous to do so....
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Better)
    How long for? I am tempted to do this for a few days, for D1 and Chem4.5/Phys4.5 Questions, but I am a bit nervous to do so....
    Till those exams

ReputationRep:
    Urm, folks I'm having a bit of issue with Solomon Paper B, C3, exercise 3. I have no way of linking at the moment, but I've tried and tried at the exercise for more than 45 minutes, checked the mark scheme and i have no freakin' clue as to how the mark scheme arrived to the answer. Anyone that can help?
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Urm, folks I'm having a bit of issue with Solomon Paper B, C3, exercise 3. I have no way of linking at the moment, but I've tried and tried at the exercise for more than 45 minutes, checked the mark scheme and i have no freakin' clue as to how the mark scheme arrived to the answer. Anyone that can help?
    The one that asks you to prove the factor formulae?

Expand sin(A+B) and sin(A-B). Then add them both to each other. Then let P = A + B and Q = A - B.

For the second part, use the factor formula that you've just been asked to prove.

ReputationRep:

Expand sin(A+B) and sin(A-B). Then add them both to each other. Then let P = A + B and Q = A - B.

For the second part, use the factor formula that you've just been asked to prove.
    Thanks for the reply, but that wasn't the exercise I meant for. Now I'm too confused to even think, my mind is burning.
    The exercise i'm having trouble with is in a C4 paper
    Yeah found it, Solomon A C4, Exercise 6. It has the angle is 3x and 2x and somehow the markscheme ended with 5x without giving a clue as to how it did that. Sorry for the trouble, I was having trouble with it yesterday night and i fell asleep on it but i moved the papers in my sleep and couldn't remember which one i was doing... these exams are killing me
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply, but that wasn't the exercise I meant for. Now I'm too confused to even think, my mind is burning.
    The exercise i'm having trouble with is in a C4 paper
    Yeah found it, Solomon A C4, Exercise 6. It has the angle is 3x and 2x and somehow the markscheme ended with 5x without giving a clue as to how it did that. Sorry for the trouble, I was having trouble with it yesterday night and i fell asleep on it but i moved the papers in my sleep and couldn't remember which one i was doing... these exams are killing me
    There's a formula in the formula booklet which should be similar to your problem, can you see how to alter your question now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Glad someone asked this. I didn't know the name of this Formulae.

Thanks mate.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, If you make a mistake in part a. of a q (in my case differentiating cos to sin rather than -sin) but your method is all correct. Then in part b. your method is correct but your answer is different due to part a. do you still lose the marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    There's a formula in the formula booklet which should be similar to your problem, can you see how to alter your question now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes! I just found the formula, thanks mate. Man I really have to sit down and memorise all of the damned trigonometric identities, i'm having so much trouble in exercises because i don't know them well
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Yes! I just found the formula, thanks mate. Man I really have to sit down and memorise all of the damned trigonometric identities, i'm having so much trouble in exercises because i don't know them well
    That's alright then and well really you need to remember is sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) = 1
    I'm sure the rest can be obtain from that and your addition formulas which they already provide you with.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE)
    Yes of course its allowed for the exams.
    Just check it on ebay. It's available there for $119

Its TI 84
    NOT TI 89 (TI 89 is NOT allowed)
    Calculator Purchased. Thank you bro.

I think the Calculator + a Few more Past Papers and I can get 100% in C3 and C4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nm786)
    I think you lose all the marks for b, but for a you may gain one or two marks.
    I would recommend learning this diagram: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...&postcount=820 makes it so easy to remember differential of sin, cos, -sin and -cos.
    Are you sure? Thats stupid, i didnt do anything wrong on part b. it was because of part a that i got the answer wrong. btw, its not that i didnt remember the differential. I get the hardest q in the paper right cus i need to think about it, i always drop marks on the easy qs cus I dont think about them.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.