Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone tried lucky charms cereal and if so what does it taste like?
    I've always wanted to try it but in the UK it costs over £5 + P&P!
    I don't want to spend loads on cereal so is it THAT good and would it be worth spending some extra money on it?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    oh hells yeah dey be aewsome

though anything that turns milk blue cant be good for you.

And try ebay you may well get a bigger box for less
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    The marshmallows are nice, but the actual cereal part of it isn't that great. It's good for a one off I guess, but I wouldn't buy it regularly

ReputationRep:
    The cereal just tastes like Cheerios, and then the marshmallow bits are super sweet. It's pretty yummy, but you'll just hunt out the marshmallow and forget the rest of it.

ReputationRep:
    The marshmallows are really cute and yummy, but if you have the cereal on its own, it's not terribly exciting.

There's an American website where you can buy bulk bags of just the marshmallows, but they're pretty pricey (£7 or $15 for 2 7oz bags).

ReputationRep:
    I thought they sell them in sainsburys now? Maybe I am wrong...

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, it's mainly the marshmallows that make it taste so good! I personally wouldn't say it's worth £5, but I do know that it is possible to buy just the marshmallows- I think it's Magician's Cereal. The problem though is they're American too, so the P&P will probably be more expensive than the actual product!

As for what it tastes like... the actual cereal bit is a like Cheerios I suppose, whilst the marshmallows are sweet and crunchy, although they soften in the milk and the texture is amazing!

If you know someone who happens to be going to America, maybe ask them to bring you back a box? It's just cereal though, paying £5 for a box that really won't last long isn't really worth it.

ReputationRep:
    It's an amazing cereal. But for health reasons I wouldn't eat it several days in a row. It's really sugary. I sometimes buy myself a box and treat myself to it, can make it last for about 1-2 months.

ReputationRep:
    Not a fan, it's alright but there are so much better cereals you can buy.

I'd recommend Reese's cereal. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    You've gotta try them once in your life.

They're good as a one off, not a regular purchase though!

ReputationRep:
    Tesco have recently started selling them for £5 a box - probably the cheapest price you'll be able to get them for over here! I used to LOVE Lucky Charms and was gutted when they were discontinued in the UK. The marshmallow bits are by far the best part. I'd recommend trying them as a one-off, they're not something you'd want to eat on a daily basis! Steer clear of the chocolate version though; it looks nice but tastes horrible.

ReputationRep:
    I really want to try them now!
    Might go out and spend some extra money on them then

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else remember that Pokemon cereal? :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scherzi)
    Anyone else remember that Pokemon cereal? :moon:
    :zomg:

And was each piece stamped with a Pokemon character?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoenixFortune)
    :zomg:

And was each piece stamped with a Pokemon character?
    It was like cheerios, with marshmallow pieces in the shape of Pikachu, Poliwhirl, Oddish, and Ditto :pika:

ReputationRep:
    Lucky Charms is a brand of cereal produced by the General Mills food company of Golden Valley, Minnesota, United States. It first appeared in stores in 1964. The cereal consists of two main components: toasted oat-based pieces and multi-colored marshmallow bits (marbits) in various shapes, the latter making up over 25 percent of the cereal's volume. The label features a leprechaun mascot, Lucky, animated in commercials.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.