Sherlockedd
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I know it's a little early, but I haven't seen a thread for this exam, so I thought I'd make one.

Crazy Crouton
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ah a CHEM5 thread! How far are you through the course?
Sherlockedd
Rep:
?
Apparently we're nearly done! Hope to have finished before easter. We've covered transition metals, thermodynamics and periodicity. Doing redox equilibria atm how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Crazy Crouton
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah we've done thermo, transition metals, periodicty and are doing all the redox stuff now. Just found out today that my teachers off for like a month, because he was run over by a taxi... :yikes:
Sherlockedd
Rep:
?
Oh no! Hope he's ok (at least he's alive!) man that really sucks! Can they get a cover teacher for that time? Mind you, you're nearly done.
Mario_leufft
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
We did it before CHEM4, i.e i'm doin CHEM4 right now.. However, i'm going to resit unit 5 in June cos i messed up in Jan

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sherlockedd
Rep:
?
Yikes! I loved chem4 ngl, chem5 seems dull and boring compared to 4, I feel like 4 has more actual chemistry on it.
Tayeb
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I actually cant wait for a level chemistry! A FEW MONTHS TO GO!!
How is it like????
P.S. im in year 11
Sherlockedd
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tayeb)
I actually cant wait for a level chemistry! A FEW MONTHS TO GO!!
How is it like????
P.S. im in year 11
I hated chem in year 11 and when I got to year 12 I loved it. Definitely my favourite subject now that I'm in year 13
Tayeb
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Sherlockedd)
I hated chem in year 11 and when I got to year 12 I loved it. Definitely my favourite subject now that I'm in year 13
Im enjoying chemistry in year 11, but i do think that the jump from gcse to a level chemistry is phenomenal. Im sooooo wanting time to fly faster!!!

By the way, what a levels relate to chemistry slightly? Is there an A level which interacts with Chemistry? :confused:
popnit
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Mario_leufft)
We did it before CHEM4, i.e i'm doin CHEM4 right now.. However, i'm going to resit unit 5 in June cos i messed up in Jan

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did the exact same thing. But it was a shocking paper imo.
Sherlockedd
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tayeb)
Im enjoying chemistry in year 11, but i do think that the jump from gcse to a level chemistry is phenomenal. Im sooooo wanting time to fly faster!!!

By the way, what a levels relate to chemistry slightly? Is there an A level which interacts with Chemistry? :confused:
I did biology, physics and RS at AS and I'd say biology and physics compliment it very well. Maths would as well, if you're a mathsy person
BobLoblawLawBlog
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think i'm the other way round haha. I only did double science (OCR 21st Century), but I hated chemistry in year 10, loved it in year 11, liked it in year 12 and i'm less enthusiastic about this years chemistry (apart from physical CHEMISTRY in CHEM4).
Sherlockedd
Rep:
?
(Original post by brittanna)
I think i'm the other way round haha. I only did double science (OCR 21st Century), but I hated chemistry in year 10, loved it in year 11, liked it in year 12 and i'm less enthusiastic about this years chemistry (apart from physical CHEMISTRY in CHEM4).
Ahaha I did triple at GCSE with edexcel. And yeah, chem 4 beats 5 any day, it's got a lot more actual chemistry in it :L
lozzvipond
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Haha, I seem to be the opposite to everyone else. I really like CHEM5, although I think that's mostly because there's no organic chemistry, and that was the bane of my life during CHEM4! I do Maths and Physics as well, so I quite enjoy all the Mathsy stuff, and the Thermodynamics is explaining the universe, so I feel like I'm really learning something meaningful now!
BobLoblawLawBlog
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ahaha I did triple at GCSE with edexcel. And yeah, chem 4 beats 5 any day, it's got a lot more actual chemistry in it :L
Oh no, I definitely prefer CHEM5, I just preferred the physical chemistry part of CHEM4. I can't stand organic chemistry.

Organic chemistry doesn't deserve to be called chemistry!
Sherlockedd
Rep:
?
(Original post by brittanna)
Oh no, I definitely prefer CHEM5, I just preferred the physical chemistry part of CHEM4. I can't stand organic chemistry.

Organic chemistry doesn't deserve to be called chemistry!
WHAAAAT? I love organic chem, and all the mathsy stuff in chem 4. The only part I didn't like so much was structure determination, but even that isn't too bad
lozzvipond
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
WHAAAAT? I love organic chem, and all the mathsy stuff in chem 4. The only part I didn't like so much was structure determination, but even that isn't too bad
I LOVED structure determination, it was like taking a break mid-exam to do a puzzle :L I thought the same about LOG gates in GCSE Physics hehe
jqian
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You know life's great when your first exam is on your birthday. Followed by Physics the day after (Thursday), which is then followed by FP2 on the Friday and FP3 on the Monday after.
I'll be honest, not looking forward to doing the exam that much, seems to require a lot of remembering facts and I'm running out of cheesy mnemonics to help me remember this!
Sherlockedd
Rep:
?
(Original post by lozzvipond)
I LOVED structure determination, it was like taking a break mid-exam to do a puzzle :L I thought the same about LOG gates in GCSE Physics hehe
Ahaha nah I didn't like the one we got on the paper, though I did quite well overall so I'm not complaining.

(Original post by jqian)
You know life's great when your first exam is on your birthday. Followed by Physics the day after (Thursday), which is then followed by FP2 on the Friday and FP3 on the Monday after.
I'll be honest, not looking forward to doing the exam that much, seems to require a lot of remembering facts and I'm running out of cheesy mnemonics to help me remember this!
Yikes! I have a few friends who do further maths as well, it sounds painful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (370)
67.27%
No (180)
32.73%

Watched Threads