Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I got 1:3 ratio for the last question

ReputationRep:
    First of all, those still confused by my last comment ignore it, it was wrong (thank god, my mate freaked me out after)

Second of all, has anyone started an unofficial mark scheme yet?

ReputationRep:
    So annoyed when everyone who does physics could remember the Q=mcDeltaT, i had no memory of it from unit 2

ReputationRep:
    for those of you who did a unit 2 resit-- how lucky were we to get q=mc(Delta)T
    5marks in the bag

ReputationRep:
    Was it three chlorines for every cobalt?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone not get 1:3?
    i didn't know what i was doing when i worked out that answer so im pretty sure its wrong. What was the formula for Z?

ReputationRep:
    I believe the unit for frequency may not get a mark since it's not in our Chemistry syllabus to know it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkhead)
    Did anyone not get 1:3?
    i didn't know what i was doing when i for that answer so im pretty sure its wrong. What was the formula for Z?
    I got 1:3 but I don't think it's right tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by temi1234)
    I believe the unit for frequency may not get a mark since it's not in our Chemistry syllabus to know it.
    But you can work it out...

ReputationRep:
    anyone know the answer to the cobalt and aldehyde redox equation?

And I'm very curious to know the identity of Z too

ReputationRep:
    well that was tough :/ i think grade boundaries will be lower than the jan 13 paper, really hated the last question, what did everyone get for the ratio?

ReputationRep:
    What a about the other questions?? Anyone got the paper/unofficial mark scheme please

ReputationRep:
    I need to get on with physics revision

If anyone makes an unofficial mark scheme could you pleeeeeeeeease quote this so I can find it easily later

Love to all

Wish me luck for the most evil of all of the exams tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    The final complex Z was:

[Co(NH3)6] 3Cl

The chlorides had to be ionically bonded to the complex ion otherwise they wouldn't be displaced with silver nitrate. Work out moles of both pieces of info they gave you, divide one by the other to get around 2.90.

Ratio was 3:1 Cl:Co

Not all chlorides were displaced and formed AgCl hence 2.90 in contrast to 3 from the division.

ReputationRep:
    I remember equations involving 4Co2+ and 4Co3+...
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I believe this post exam discussion would be so much easier if there was an UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME. Someone please make one

ReputationRep:
    Nice paper. Messed up the ratio and q=mcdeltaT questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fortitude)
    I believe this post exam discussion would be so much easier if there was an UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME. Someone please make one
    I don't think anyone is confident enough to make one haha, shows how difficult it was!

ReputationRep:
    i think ive dropped about 9marks, will that be okay for an A*?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Personally I thought that paper had a lot of application & synopticness (don't think that's a real word) in than usual.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.