Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    What a terrible paper!!!!. No amount of revision I put in especially the last night would have been good enough. It was too tough beyond words. Any ideas what the grade boundaries might be?

ReputationRep:
    And yes, the final temperature of the solution when the substance had dissolved in it was 284K.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by temi1234)
    I got 1:3 ratio for the last question
    Me too! :-)

As anybody else get +905 for the Born Haber cycle at the start?

ReputationRep:
    For the units of the frequency can you get away with putting s I didn't put s-1

ReputationRep:
    What a terrible paper!!!!. No amount of revision I put in especially the last night would have been good enough. It was too tough beyond words. How did you all find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anshul91)
    No, the units are s^-1 (Hz) not s.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone is confident enough to make one haha, shows how difficult it was!
    True, but if someone has a copy of the paper then that would be most useful.

ReputationRep:
    No, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cwestby)
    i think ive dropped about 9marks, will that be okay for an A*?

Yes mate. That should be fine. I just wish I could say the same. The paper was a nightmare.

ReputationRep:
    For the transition metal complexes questions, did people write ionic or overall equations?

I wrote both for each reaction because it said write overall equations....

ReputationRep:
    For the aldehyde question, I used hexaaquacobalt (II)and(III), will that be OK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mulac1)
    I remember equations involving 4Co2+ and 4Co3+...
    yes for the catalyst question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cwestby)
    i think ive dropped about 9marks, will that be okay for an A*?
    that's enough for 100%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simonthegreat)
    Yes mate. That should be fine. I just wish I could say the same. The paper was a nightmare.
    it was a lot more difficult than the past papers as i was getting 97ish on all of those

ReputationRep:
    Meh, I think I've dropped about 15 marks. What grade would that be?

ReputationRep:
    lol wtf was that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xiomara)
    For the aldehyde question, I used hexaaquacobalt (II)and(III), will that be OK?
    What was the aldehyde question?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    For the reaction demonstrating why MgO was a basic oxide, why was it worth two marks? I hazarded MgO + 2HCl --> MgCl2 + H20, but I'm not sure how it amounts to two marks when the (arguably harder) one with NaOH and P4O10 was only worth 1.

Also, question 7 was probably the most tedious thing I've ever had to do in my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat-lover)
    Meh, I think I've dropped about 15 marks. What grade would that be?
    A*

ReputationRep:
    I think it was quite good, most of the questions came up in the past papers just in a different context, hoping for around 80/100

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.