Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itssochaotic)
    omg you are kidding me, for the overall equations we had to write NaCo3???? and HCL??? SHOOOT.
    I really doubt it, the entire country would have done ionic equations

ReputationRep:
    When you don't have a clue what people are talking about in their answers and don't remember doing half of the questions you know you're absolutely screwed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theslav)
    experiment to test if MgO was ionic;

i forgot to put that the pH will be weak alkaline
    I said to heat until molten etc....

ReputationRep:
    Any unofficial mark scheme at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blitzle)
    Any thoughts on grade boundaries? I think about 72 for an A maybe! Definitely a harder paper than usual!
    I definitely think the was on the same level if not slightly harder than the June 12..so I think between 75 and 80 for an A*. I'd say 70 for an A, and 77 for an A*

(Original post by Hippokrates)
    OMG that's what I got! If it's right I'll kiss everybody I see today :P I really thought it was completely wrong.
    Thank the lord I'm not the only one! I kinda knew it was right because it was really similar to the June 12 very last question, so praying that I've got all the marks there! Was it 4?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananarama2)
    I say to heat until molten etc....
    I think both would apply.

ReputationRep:
    Guys lets make a unofficial markscheme

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milkandcookies5)
    I think it was as follows:

[Cu2+] on LHS is less than on RHS. Therefore, the equilibrium:

Cu2+ + 2e- <---> Cu shifts LEFT to oppose the reduction in Cu2+ conc.

This releases more electrons, so LHS is relatively negative to RHS

Therefore current flows right to left. Did anyone else get 1:3 for the last question?
    You rekon its fine to mention the differents in molar conc and equilbrium shift, I didn't write an ionic equation like that, also was one mark and a single line to answer?

ReputationRep:
    For the question where it asked us to work out the e.m.f of the negative electrode i got like 2.75 or something...i think it was a positive number.....I did cell+left electrode??....because i thought the negative electrode was where the reduction reaction happens, hence it would be on the right?! ... FML !!! byebye uni ..
    :erm:

ReputationRep:
    To be honest guys I think you might as well go off and revise/have fun. Speculating now isn't going to help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazzy-1995)
    For the question where it asked us to work out the e.m.f of the negative electrode i got like 2.75 or something...i think it was a positive number.....I did cell+left electrode??....because i thought the negative electrode was where the reduction reaction happens, hence it would be on the right?! ... FML !!! byebye uni ..
    Its -3.05v -- at least thats what I got, its only a one marker anyway--

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazzy-1995)
    No the negative electrode is on the left (oxidation)

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry A-Level completed? ☑

ReputationRep:
    Guys on the plancks law question were you had to determine whether deltaE would be higher,lower... i put lower because frequency of red light is lower, so deltaE would be lower and so on..... I'm just unsure whether i read the question wrong, did it say would deltaE of red... be higher/lower than deltaE of blue light or the other way round. Also, Grade boundaries any1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkhead)
    it does. High conc. of ammonia displaces water and OH- ions...page 240 Nelson Thornes book.
    Thats with metal 2+ ions. Look at the table with Alluminium excess NH3 in the table at page 243. I might be wrong but in the table it says that.

ReputationRep:
    Oh also, before the exam i heard a boy talking about "I hope cobalt as a catalyst comes up", and I have never heard about it! (neither had my classmates... seems like a fault on the teachers part im not sure).
    So i was praying it didnt come up and well, it did :lol:

Drowning my sorrows in Maoms and crispy m&ms :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theslav)
    experiment to test if MgO was ionic;

i forgot to put that the pH will be weak alkaline
    dont you just say melt it, pass electricity, if it conduct tn its ionic bondin? same question came up before but with al2o3?

ReputationRep:
    omg, wow

I've technically left college and my summer has official started now
    But I feel so depressed after that exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananarama2)
    I got that ratio too.

I'm unsure about the complex.

I think so.
    Ah okay :/ I also found a lot of the "explain" questions tough. Damn AQA, they really pushed it this year!

(Original post by HELPIMSTUCK)
    I thought so - I put no visible change aswell
    Oh I should've written that! Btw, I owe you so much! I have a bit of leeway with this paper thanks to my ISA!

(Original post by itssochaotic)
    omg you are kidding me, for the overall equations we had to write NaCo3???? and HCL??? SHOOOT.
    Heeeell no! I believe CO32- is okay, as is Cl-

(Original post by cat-lover)
    I wrote down both as colourless so I'm hoping that's right.
    Aha hope and praying!

ReputationRep:
    I put energy would be higher because blue light is absorbed which has a higher frequency so higher energy. Red is transmitted

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.