Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itssochaotic)
    that's amazing, thank you so much!!! really appreciate it.
    Many thanks to Tullia!
    Happy revising for med school!

ReputationRep:
    HOw the hell do you memorise all the colours of the complex ions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HaQ_mAn_)
    HOw the hell do you memorise all the colours of the complex ions?
    I go through them every morning once I wake up and every evening when I go to sleep. Weird I know but the repeating the process works for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    has anyone done the A2 chemistry EMPA exam on this bordeaux stuff and would be willing to give me some useful tips would make my day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurawoods)
    Still I think that it is important to not talk about units, but talk about chemistry! Unit 4 has definitely got some important stuff in it...but yes, I do agree with you that those are easy to forget concepts and are not the absolute 'underlying' concepts! One day , our teacher (he has a phD in chem) was saying that when he came into teaching, he couldn't remember any of it! So yeah, what u are saying makes perfect sense. Things like thermodynamics etc are good chem but not essential chem and inevitably people (even the best chemists) will forget it! If u don't mind me asking what did u get in the chem 4 unit?
    A grade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itssochaotic)
    I have an offer from plymouth
    Well done!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone done the born-haber cycles questions on the a-levelchemistry site (5.1 exercise 2)? I keep getting the wrong answer and have no idea where I'm going wrong!! :s

ReputationRep:
    I think im being stupid but why does the color change in dichromate equilibrium when the oxidation state remains +6?

Is it something to do with the acidity or the ligands?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jesss9)
    Has anyone done the born-haber cycles questions on the a-levelchemistry site (5.1 exercise 2)? I keep getting the wrong answer and have no idea where I'm going wrong!! :s
    Did you divide the bond dissociation by 2? Only one cl is needed not 2

ReputationRep:
    did the Jan paper as a mock today, it was such a nice paper, wish I'd sat that one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JenniS)
    did the Jan paper as a mock today, it was such a nice paper, wish I'd sat that one!
    Even the data book stuff??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mackie0088)
    Did you divide the bond dissociation by 2? Only one cl is needed not 2
    Oooh... no I didn't!! Seems really obvious now, thank you so much!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popnit)
    Even the data book stuff??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    there was only two 1 markers on that, think I got the one that was something to do with water, but all the transition metal and electrochemical cell stuff was alright

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mackie0088)
    I think im being stupid but why does the color change in dichromate equilibrium when the oxidation state remains +6?

Is it something to do with the acidity or the ligands?

Thanks
    The colour change is because you have produced a different ion. The dichromate ion has a different structure (different number of ligands as well as 2 chromiums in dichromate) to the chromate ion, so there is a colour change when you produce the other complex.

Remember - dichromate (orange) is stable in acidic solution while chromate (yellow) is stable in alkaline solution.

ReputationRep:
    Redox is the last chapter I need to wrap my head around and no matter what I do, I keep getting questions wrong! As soon as I think I understand the rules seem to change!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by folks)
    redox is the last chapter i need to wrap my head around and no matter what i do, i keep getting questions wrong! As soon as i think i understand the rules seem to change!
    ugh same mate it's so ugh-y :l

ReputationRep:
    How far are you guys with your revision? Just want to know where I am/should be roughly against some others (Not that great i dont think tbh :L)

ReputationRep:
    how do you draw a square planar complex? And when drawing the tetrahedral and octahedral complexes, do we draw them with the different lines that we used in unit 1 when drawing shapes out, like the bold and dashed lines , or do we just use normal lines?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me the equation of how (Fe(OH)2(H2O)4)... IS OXIDISED??? Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Does any pne know the equation for a metal chromate + a metal nitrate? Thanks!

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.