The Student Room Group

AQA CHEM5 A2 Chemistry - 19th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

I need 102 if I don't improve my unit 4 grade
Original post by Beth_L_G
So what ums does everyone need for their target grade?

Well my official target grade is an A and I need 73/120 (without my unit 1 resit) but I want an A*, and my teachers think I can get one. We havent done ISAs yet but assuming I get 55/60 then I need 117/120 for an A*
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 102
Hi guys!

Does anyone know the colour of [Cr(H20)6]3+?
Original post by senz72
Hi guys!

Does anyone know the colour of [Cr(H20)6]3+?

ruby red
Reply 104
WHAT there's another Chem5 thread?!

How're you all feeling about the content? We've covered everything now! I love transition metals :biggrin:
Original post by erniiee
WHAT there's another Chem5 thread?!

How're you all feeling about the content? We've covered everything now! I love transition metals :biggrin:

I didnt know there was a different one...?? :L. I dislike most of U5 because it seems more like a memory game then actual chemistry. We've done everything but electrochemical cells

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 106
Original post by Sherlockedd
I didnt know there was a different one...?? :L. I dislike most of U5 because it seems more like a memory game then actual chemistry. We've done everything but electrochemical cells

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah was started ages ago :lol: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2231909 just didn't have a specific title!

Ah true; I think doing Biology has made me like memorising equations etc as it means you can get away with not fully understanding some theory unlike in Chem4 with the mechanisms :eek: I have to do both exams in June :/

I really like the calculations in this unit - once you've got your head around them I'm finding them really straightforward! Need to go back over entropy/gibbs and Born harber cycles though as we did it AGES ago (back in September :L)
Just need 69 UMS on unit 5 for an A overall but need 112 UMS for an A*. Don't know whether to settle for an A and concentrate on other subjects or go for the A* :/
Original post by erniiee
Yeah was started ages ago :lol: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2231909 just didn't have a specific title!

Ah true; I think doing Biology has made me like memorising equations etc as it means you can get away with not fully understanding some theory unlike in Chem4 with the mechanisms :eek: I have to do both exams in June :/

I really like the calculations in this unit - once you've got your head around them I'm finding them really straightforward! Need to go back over entropy/gibbs and Born harber cycles though as we did it AGES ago (back in September :L)

Ugh don't even get me started on my biology rant :L I waaaaay preferred U4 and apparently that's really abnormal? Both my teachers are like.. no-one ever says that :L

Original post by Seb Hudson
Just need 69 UMS on unit 5 for an A overall but need 112 UMS for an A*. Don't know whether to settle for an A and concentrate on other subjects or go for the A* :/

I'm in a similar position, need 73 for an A and 112 for an A* (providing I completely ace the ISA... :L) It's worth going for the A* if you think you can do it :smile:
Reply 109
Ugh don't even get me started on my biology rant :L I waaaaay preferred U4 and apparently that's really abnormal? Both my teachers are like.. no-one ever says that :L

I'm in a similar position, need 73 for an A and 112 for an A* (providing I completely ace the ISA... :L) It's worth going for the A* if you think you can do it :smile:

Aha, do you do AQA? Haha really?! I prefer unit 5 so far! I think unit 5 is easier to learn, but when it comes to applying it to the exam, I don't know which will be easier!
Original post by erniiee
Aha, do you do AQA? Haha really?! I prefer unit 5 so far! I think unit 5 is easier to learn, but when it comes to applying it to the exam, I don't know which will be easier!

For biology we're with OCR -.-'

And ugh no, I dislike the learning stuff and regurgitating it element of U5
Reply 111
For biology we're with OCR -.-'

And ugh no, I dislike the learning stuff and regurgitating it element of U5

Ah god, I've heard they're awful. I feel your pain being AQA, especially with the beast that was BIOL4!

Fair enough, I am a fan of inorganic, so that helps me get through it :biggrin:
Original post by erniiee
Ah god, I've heard they're awful. I feel your pain being AQA, especially with the beast that was BIOL4!

Fair enough, I am a fan of inorganic, so that helps me get through it :biggrin:

The OCR exam for bio that I sat in Jan (F215) had a ridiculous amount of content ... just awful. And fair play, I much prefer organic stuff and I loved acids, bases and buffers... oh those were the days :L
Reply 113
The OCR exam for bio that I sat in Jan (F215) had a ridiculous amount of content ... just awful. And fair play, I much prefer organic stuff and I loved acids, bases and buffers... oh those were the days :L

Ah hope you got what you needed! I was just relieved that I don't have to resit BIOL4 :lol:

I love acids and bases :biggrin: and equilibria!
Original post by erniiee
Ah hope you got what you needed! I was just relieved that I don't have to resit BIOL4 :lol:

I love acids and bases :biggrin: and equilibria!

Yeah I did pretty well (idk how...) and mhhhm get those kinetics going eh? :L
Reply 115
Not looking forward to my empa :frown: hate failing :frown:
Reply 116
Yeah I did pretty well (idk how...) and mhhhm get those kinetics going eh? :L

Yea kinetics is alright too :awesome:
Original post by Seb Hudson

Definitely go for the A*! just wondering whether you are with aqa? if so have you done the isa on transition metals? any help would be greatly appreciated as isa's are the only things i struggle with! (I have very high in all my exam units inc. full ums in chem 4 but the isa's are diabolic)
Original post by Beth_L_G
ruby red

hey its not red.

its green . when u ad OH- ions it turns to a green solution/violet solution
Original post by cheesypuff
hey its not red.

its green . when u ad OH- ions it turns to a green solution/violet solution

yes, when you add the OH-. [Cr(H20)6]3+ is red, [Cr(H2O)3(OH)3] is green

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m25u3nKhkG1r7z7c1o1_500.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending