Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Worry my girlfriend doesnt find me attractive enough. Watch

My girlfriend has always made it clear that she is very attracted to guys with a lot of tattoos, piercings, long hair, ´skater´ type of guys (for want of a better word) she has said how hot she has found them. Two of her ex-boyfriends looked like this.
    Me, however, I do not really look like this, I have one piercing and that is all. I know everyone can be attracted to different people, it just makes me feel a bit inadequate as she says how hot they are, and I am worried she would meet a new guy like this and feel more attracted to him.
    I am ok with my looks but I know I am no Adonis, I have skin problems and a crooked nose. I know she does find me attractive but sometimes I wonder if that is just because she loves me, and I do not make her go ¨wow¨.
    Does anybody else ever feel like this? I do not want to obviously start getting a lot of piercings/tattoos and growing my hair, it would look like I am trying way too hard. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't change your appearance to please someone else. You shouldn't worry too much about this sort of thing either. She's with you for a reason, take confidence in that. Being confident in who you are is attractive in itself.

ReputationRep:
    If she didn't find you attractive enough she had not been
    with you

ReputationRep:
    Well she might find some guys extra hot, but I'm sure she thinks you're attractive regardless of your non-tattoo-ness. But she's with YOU and not them, so obviously you're overall a more attractive person if you take your personality into account. Once I met this guy and thought he was attractive, but after a year some of his actions had a psychological input and I actually found him less physically attractive because of it. Also when I like someone I think about them more and I think I start to find them more attractive as time goes on.

You've got it the wrong way round, anyone can be hot. It's the fact that she loves you that makes her go 'wow' when she sees you. She'll talk about extra hot guys that look a certain way, but if she wanted one of them, she'd be with one already. If she loves you, then being loyal is probably a moral she would like to live by, and realising that she'd rather be with you than someone else will make you a stronger couple. If she is the kind of person to leave you for someone just because they have long hair and piercings, then maybe you aren't in love with who she is and you weren't very compatible. I see it as a win-win.

ReputationRep:
    Well when a girl becomes a women they grow out of that pathetic stage of liking guys with a certain scene look. This is why I think when you're young (after 2 failed serious young relationships) it is best to take relationships with a pinch of salt and make them just as light hearted and fun as possible because young peoples hearts (but mostly girls at this stage) change like the wind just because a guy looks cooler than you with an eagle tattood across his chest which will make him look complete fool when he is older along with his humungos ear lobe which will have a nice 3 inch hole in it.

So, man, don't worry, don't spend your time worrying about such immature things, sure being attracted to someone is a big thing, but if she is attracted to those guys, who to be fair once they get to 24,25 they can't be that guy anymore, I mean when your 25 your gonna look pretty stupid skating in a park or walking round with a skateboard in your citys shopping center, you know?

So just take it all with a pinch of salt, and wait until you can get yourself a WOMEN! My ex liked guys who had hair like anime and all that, It's uite pathetic. Ok, if you like a girl/man with certain features etc thats cool, but SCENE KIDS are NOT COOL!

Thanks a lot for the advice guys

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2013
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.